Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Updates On 2010 Development In Pics - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Updates On 2010 Development In Pics (50301 Views)

Hot Updates On The Kenya Vs Nigeria Fight (pictures) / EPL In Pics 2015. / Under 20 Friendly Tournament In Cape Town,rsa Vs Nigeria In Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 11:58am On Jul 31, 2008
New Pics of cape town

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 9:57am On Aug 04, 2008
"For too long, mother Africa has been associated with poverty, wars, violence, dictatorships and under-development. For too long, the world has been shown pictures of starving children with flies all over their faces and dying of starvation. The 2010 FIFA World Cup is our chance to send new pictures to the world about us. Pictures of development, of social and economic infrastructure that is emerging in many countries in our region. Pictures of Africans in charge of viable and vibrant economies. Pictures that tell the story that Africans are taking charge of their destiny, rising to the challenge to bring, socio-economic and political stability".

More Cape Town.

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 10:41am On Aug 04, 2008
cape town

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by Mpele(m): 9:44am On Aug 07, 2008
This makes me to be proudly South African and also African. These are some nice pictures of South Africans enjoying their sports

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2008
Update of durban where one of the semifinal will be played

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2008
More Durbs

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2008
Durbs South African third largest city

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2008
Durbs,Home of Zulu Nation.

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2008
It is the capital of Kwa Zulu Natal province

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2008
Now here are latest pics of Nelson Mandela bay in Port Elizabeth

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2008
Match Venues: Bloemfontein (46,000),Cape Town (70,000),Durban (70,000),Soccer City (94,700),Ellis Park (60,000), Nelspruit (46,000) ,Polokwane (45,000),Port Elizabeth (46,500),Rustenburg (45,000),Pretoria (55,000)
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2008
Hi I know I have been sending pics of stadia at contruction stage,Im gonna show you pics of how this stadia should look like as a final products,so that you can judge progress of construction.

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 6:41pm On Aug 07, 2008
More

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2008
More

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 7:01am On Aug 12, 2008
I am so proud of South Africa,look at this stadium in Cape Town,the completion date is somewhere late next year but it is almost complete ahead of schedule.the pics where taken on the 06/08/08

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 7:02am On Aug 12, 2008
More on Cape town

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 7:03am On Aug 12, 2008
Mother city

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by sage(m): 10:41am On Aug 12, 2008
Nice pics man

keep it up
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2008
Ellis Park or Coca cola Park In Joburg,is a confederation and world cup host,the stadium is 98% finnish

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2008
More on Ellis Park

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 3:42pm On Aug 15, 2008
Soccer city the main stadiums roof is going up? shocked,this guys are fast good luck

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 9:36am On Aug 19, 2008
This is what a Man U supporter said on his trip to SA
No fuss. Three cities three matches. Great atmosphere.

By Richard Laverty.

On Friday 16th July this year I flew out with my Dad to South Africa to embark upon the trip of a lifetime. It was going to be a jampacked schedule, I had taken my United shirt with me + a marker pen in the vein hope of getting some autographs. It was a good thing that we had booked with MU Travel because we got priveleges like trips to the United training sessions and the ability to be on the front row and get the best positions for autographs & pictures. We also had great seats for the matches. Our tour group consisted of around 40 people and the continuity of being with the same people day in, day out with all the banter was nice to have.

We arrived on the Friday afternoon and almost straightaway set-off for the first training session in Cape Town. We were amused as we pulled up with the United badge on the front of our coach that suddenly hundreds of South Africans were cheering us and taking pictures. They clearly thought we were the team and were sadly dissapointed when we stepped off the coach. We were on the front row as promised and they let me and the other teenagers to hang over the fence for when the players came off the pitch. Watching the players walk out for training and being literally feet away from them was something else. We watched them train for an hour or so before they began to walk off the field and a crush started. Thankfully, I kept my place and first over was none other than Sir Alex Ferguson, who cheerily signed my shirt, soon to be followed by Chris Eagles, Mikky Silvestre, Paul Scholes & the one & only Wayne Rooney, it was a dream come true.

The match the next day was nothing to shout about, the atmosphere was superb but we did expect a slightly better performance but we were happy when Chris Eagles nodded in the equaliser.

On the Monday morning we flew off to Durban for the next part of our trip, the training session was slighlty later but was again on the day of the flight. The ABSA Stadium seemed more organised and we could simply dangle our shirts over the wall and wait for the players. Paddy Crerand happily came over to sign our shirts and had a chat with us, as did later on David Gill, who also was happy to sign shirts. The training session was a better one than the previous one, marred by the fact we found out Wes Brown's sister had died giving birth that morning. Credit to Wes himself, he still came over to sign autographs, and ended the day having got the autograph's of Brown, Crerard, David Gill, O'Shea, Vidic, Fletcher, Rio, Neville, Tevez, Kuszczak & Foster.

The game was better as it was at night, which gave a better atmosphere than Cape Town. We dominated from start to finish and Lee Martin gave us a much deserved goal.

On Thursday morning we flew off to Johannesburg before making the short coach journey to Pretoria where we would stay. The training session was early Friday morning so there was no late nights that evening. We arose early Friday morning and I was hoping to complete my autograph collection. When we got there we learned the United coach had broke down and would be an hour late, we were still getting mistaken for the squad everywhere we went, which was quite amusing. The fences were up when we got in the stadium and we thought the chances of autographs were slim. But thankfully they put the fences down, only to make the area infront of us the Press area so we were totally blocked off. Thankfully, we were persuaded the security to move the Press to the other side and we were once again all set for the players to arrive.

Paddy Crerand once again came over for a chat, as did Diane Law, daughter of Dennis Law. The training session was the longest one yet lasting nearly two hours. The players came over and I managed to complete my collection with Giggsy, Carrick, Martin, Simpson, Campbell, Cleverley, Possabon, Cathcart, Evans, Gibson & Ben Amos. I also managed to get Fergie, Tevez, Vidic, Silvestre again and got Wazza, Scholesy and Carrick on my England shirt. I was chuffed to bits.

The game was superb, the atmosphere once again electric and four great goals finished off the trip of a lifetime. Seeing the lads lift the trophy right infront of us was great and we flew home the following evening, and found out we had beaten Pompey 2-1 when we arrived back in Heathrow, and that Chris Eagles was joining Burnley.

All in all, the trip was superb

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 9:45am On Aug 19, 2008
These are the latest construction progress figures released by WBHO involving their major 2010 related projects IN June

http://www.wbho.co.za/page.php?p_id=, 7975a532dc41da

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 9:56am On Aug 22, 2008
Soccer City celebrates no injuries

August 2008, and work on the stadium is past the halfway mark

One million hours have passed in the building of the landmark World Cup Soccer City stadium - and there have been no injuries.
CONSTRUCTION workers at Soccer City, proud of being involved in building one of the most impressive stadiums in Africa, may have a chance to watch 2010 FIFA World Cup™ matches at the venue.

This was revealed by Danny Jordaan, the chief executive of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Organising Committee South Africa (OC), at Soccer City on Friday, August 15 during an event organised by the main contractors, Grinaker-LTA, to celebrate one million injury-free hours on site.

Jordaan said he would raise the proposition at the FIFA board meeting in recognition of the workers' sterling work on site.

"This is the best stadium ever in our country and we recognise your contribution. Some people have been saying that the stadium won't be ready by 2010 but the work that has so far been done proves otherwise," he said to cheers from the 2 400 workers.

Soccer City Stadium, formerly FNB Stadium, will host the opening ceremony and the opening and final matches of the World Cup. It is undergoing major upgrades and will seat 94 700 people when complete; the completion date is July 2009
"The roof is going up and 20 000 seats have already been installed," he said.

Addressing the jubilant workers, who were entertained by maskandi group, Khipha Kesh, the City's 2010 executive director, Sibongile Mazibuko, commended them for the excellent progress being made in the stadium's construction.

"You are the 'sweat of the nation', the team that will bring the World Cup to us. I am proud to say that in terms of construction and safety, Soccer City is leading the other nine stadiums that are going to host the tournament," she said.

Mazibuko urged the workers to continue to be vigilant on site and called for teamwork. "Each man and woman here should be more careful as construction continues and draws to a close," she said.

The National Union of Mineworkers (NUM) secretary general, France Baleni, also commended the workers for the safety record, attributing this to the good relations between the highly organised labour and management.

Sadly, the celebrations were dampened by news that a worker at Peter Mokaba Stadium in Polokwane, one of the other venues being built for the World Cup, had died on site.

"We would like to send our most sincere condolences to the family of the worker who tragically died at the Peter Mokaba Stadium site today," Jordaan said.

"It is the first death recorded during the 2010 FIFA World Cup process and we learned of this incident with great sadness. We know the safety of all workers has always been paramount for all the construction companies contracted to build the 10 World Cup stadiums. The incident in Polokwane today highlights, however, the dangers associated with constructing these world-class stadia under very difficult conditions."

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 10:01am On Aug 22, 2008
1000 000 injury free

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2008
Cape town stadium is also proggressing at a rapid pace

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 10:13am On Aug 25, 2008
cape town

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 6:51am On Aug 27, 2008
Stade de France consortium to operate Green Point stadium
(FIFA.com) Monday 25 August 2008

The Stade de France is one of the world's most magnificent and breathtaking sporting arenas.

And it was announced today that some of the French flair and world-class management expertise at the Stade de France will also be utilised to help run Cape Town's beautiful Green Point 2010 FIFA World Cup stadium, one of the tournament's semifinal venues.

A consortium of the Sail Group and Stade de France was today named the preferred bidder to operate the multi-function Green Point stadium in Cape Town after the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Stade de France is a 80 000 seater stadium, one of the most successful and lucrative facilities of its kind in the world which played host to France's stunning 3-0 victory over Brazil in the 1998 FIFA World Cup final. Sail is the largest sport management company in South Africa.

The City of Cape Town will now negotiate a contract with the consortium by the end of October 2008. Once a contract is signed the operator will become involved before 2010 to ensure detailed design, planning and a seamless handover from FIFA at the end of the 2010 tournament.

"Finding an experienced operator was the most crucial element of this joint bidding process and we believe Sail and Stade de France are an impressive team with an exciting vision for the stadium," says Mike Marsden, Executive Director for Service Delivery Integration.

"They offer extensive experience and a successful track record in sport marketing, stadium operations and events programmes. This combination of international and local expertise is exactly what we were hoping for. We are confident of concluding a comprehensive agreement with them," said Marsden.

A bid was received from Investec Bank for both the naming and operator rights for the stadium, but the bid did not meet the tender requirements. The City is of the view that it would be more beneficial to offer the naming rights of the stadium once the operator is in place with a defined events programme.
Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2008
SOCCER CITY the stadia is well ahead of schedule.South Africa is more than ready

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 2:55pm On Sep 02, 2008
More on soccer city

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2008
More on Soccer city

Re: Updates On 2010 Development In Pics by RSA(m): 3:09pm On Sep 02, 2008
soccer city in joburg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Youths Visit "Mad Men" & "Imbeciles" To Win Big In Sport Bets (Photos) / Community Shield: Atiku, Apostle Suleman React As Arsenal Defeat Liverpool / Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of A Must Win Match Tomorrow(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.