Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart (18551 Views)

Be Like Bill - Be Smart On The Internet / 9 Reasons To Stop/reduce Eating Instant Noodles. / How To Be Smart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by smart134: 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
Yes..its gud to be smart LOLzz
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by Gepheral: 6:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nice share
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by mustaphagreens(m): 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
@op, indirectly, you're saying MUSTAPHAGREENS is the only smart dude on nairaland??
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by smart134: 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
they are all talking abt me..LOl
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nice.. just wondering how buffoons like some members of House of Reps/National Assembly/Senate get to match all those qualities, yet they parade some of the dumbest brains in the history of Africa.. tells you something about the rest of us smart-asses

1 Like

Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by Freiburger(m): 6:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
mustaphagreens: @op, indirectly, you're saying MUSTAPHAGREENS is the only smart dude on nairaland??
That could be true. smiley

1 Like

Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by Lawconfessor(f): 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
maclatunji: I agree with you, there are many ways the article/collection can be improved on. You could list reasons why you think being smart is cool.

Lots of ppl can get d job done(irony). But Right methods witout d right motives are shallow at best n evil at their worst. Wot am i sayin in essence? Ppl can claim being smart, bt nt all smart moves re worth it.

So i fink dat being smart depends on individuals grin grin necessary doz nt need to be listed.
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by Yemlizzy(f): 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
Often wonder if smartness and intelligence go hand in hand......nice research Op!
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by AdeniyiA(m): 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
smart people are proned to depression, the smarter you are the more you covet smartness
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by Baddestguyp(m): 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
14. U can be lyk shikamaru, hatake kakashi, aburame shino or itachi uchiha 4rm naruto
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by achi4u(m): 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
Being smart is a gift of nature, there's no magic about.
Education its self cannot make one smart.
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by Presbulg(m): 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
vivacious vivi:

Let's start at being smart enough to know that when you post a question, you add a question mark at the end of it! tongue

Haba ?!?
undecided
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by maclatunji: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
vivacious vivi:

Let's start at being smart enough to know that when you post a question, you add a question mark at the end of it! tongue

This is harsh, I suggest you apologise.
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by anselm791(m): 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
anonimi:

Or it takes really smart people to appreciate another smart person and we may not have the critical mass of smart people yet in Nigeria hence we are the way we are.
You must have heard that a one-eyed man leads blind people.
What do you think

I think you're probably the smartest guy on nairaland to even think the president might actually be smarter than his people and still get likes for it.
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by abubaka101: 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Yemlizzy: Often wonder if smartness and intelligence go hand in hand......nice research Op!
to me oo, being intelligent means you're smart, while being smart doesn't guarantee/indicate that you're intelligent... Atleast that's how I see it though...
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
@ point 3:

Smart folks don't win arguments, they sit quite and let d dull ones vibrate. Nitwits wins more arguments, becos dey always starts nd ends an argument.

. #team listen#
#team pay attention#
#team learn frm both fools nd wise#
#open minded#
#team one Nigeria#wink

2 Likes

Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by abubaka101: 10:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
smart people are proned to depression, the smarter you are the more you covet smartness
You really don't knw how wrong you are, do you?!
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by CooldudeY2J: 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
stevebond007: big ups to dt. m officially an addict of "big bang theory". been smart is cool.
Same with me i have lots of episodes on ma phone. It's cool to be smart but if u are as smart as Sheldon in d big bang theory it's no longer smartness it's ''nuts''.

1 Like

Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by thelastmediator: 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
If reason 6 is the only one on the list, I think it's worth the effort. The dumb ones are outnumbering the smart ones lately because people pay more attention to looks and superficial things instead of the content of the brain.
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by enigmatique(m): 12:45am On Nov 14, 2013
@Op: Let me tell you another cool reason to be smart:
It is sweet to your soul. Understanding, knowledge, comprehension and so on are so sweet to the soul and mind! To be able to understand a proverb, solve a riddle, explain a theory, formulate a hypothesis- it is so sweet! Try it and see!!
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by kolardzy(m): 2:18am On Nov 14, 2013
mrphysics: everyone is smart just that the level of our smartness differs from individual to anoda. first to commment
Exactly..If you were smart,, u would knw u were nt even close to being first to comment..
angry
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by AdeniyiA(m): 6:11am On Nov 14, 2013
to an average Nigerian, being smart could mean being sharp, dubious, lawless, corrupt and other vices
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by IronFist(m): 6:11am On Nov 14, 2013
Kindly add "The Geek shall inherit the Earth" to the list of cool reasons to be smart. wink
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by AdeniyiA(m): 6:20am On Nov 14, 2013
Yemlizzy: Often wonder if smartness and intelligence go hand in hand......nice research Op!
cool
....out of many instances, I'll give you one.
A student who is intelligent may graduate with first class and finds no job, but a smart student may graduate with pass and land a good job. cool
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by abubaka101: 6:45am On Nov 14, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
cool
A student who is intelligent may graduate with first class and finds no job, but a smart student may graduate with pass and land a good job. cool
Even though ur point is clear, I feel like sharing a bit advise here...
"Brilliant" is what u ought to have used...
There is no way a smart student can graduate with a pass, unless he was a victim of: unseriousness; lecturers failing him on purpose, missing scripts, not the course he wanted, or the Devil!
People often use this example, but they don't bother to knw wat caused it! If the student was really smart, he wouldn't have spent 4 years (plus strike), knwing that he would graduate with a very poor grade!
I heard a story of a guy, he graduated with sumtin lik this, because the lecturers made him there "target". He wasn't even syched/freaked out by his poor grades (cos he knew it was the lecturers), he just wanted to be a graduate since he had no other option...
He graduated and found his own advertising agency in Lagos! And today he's not close to being poor!!

1 Like

Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by Mubby4luv(m): 6:46am On Nov 14, 2013
Only idiots needs a reason to be smart
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by Chomzy19(f): 7:19am On Nov 14, 2013
Freiburger:
That could be true. smiley
A very smart Reply grin
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by anonimi: 7:39am On Nov 14, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
to an average Nigerian, being smart could mean being sharp, dubious, lawless, corrupt and other vices

That is the average Nigerian's understanding of being smart, which is why we are the way we are all over.
Meanwhile that may be labelled as being street smart or having street credibility such as Tinubu and IBB.
They are both very smart crooks who know how to psyche up their people and audience while playing and preying on our selfish greed to their personal advantage as we are left poorer despite their sweet words.

That is what we are used to and praise, worship, idolise & adore!!!
Heard the phrase/song Smooth Operator
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by hilario8898(m): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2013
kekakuz: so how can one be smart

Check www.Nairaland.com/General/
HowToBeSmart
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by Yemlizzy(f): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
cool
Thanks for shedding more light, i appreciate!
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by Yemlizzy(f): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2013
abubaka101:
to me oo, being intelligent means you're smart, while being smart doesn't guarantee/indicate that you're intelligent... Atleast that's how I see it though...
You right thanks for the enlightenment!
Re: 13 Cool Reasons To Be Smart by kolamilan(m): 10:46am On Nov 14, 2013
mrphysics: everyone is smart just that the level of our smartness differs from individual to anoda. first to commment
of course, our level of smartness varies just like you after 20 something comments above and you are still writing first to comment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 People Drown In River Niger / The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? / Bomb Blast Rock Internally Displaced Camp In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.