|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,566,037 members, 5,934,707 topics. Date: Friday, 23 October 2020 at 01:05 AM
|Qualified Personnel Needed Urgently In A Multinational Group In Lagos by mashofile(m): 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2013|
Milan Group (Owners of the prestigious InterContinental Hotel, Lagos) is a multinational group of companies with head office in Lagos requires the services of the following personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities
Legal Adviser/Company Secretary: The Company Secretary will be responsible for all the organization’s secretarial, legal and governance matters within the Milan Group, and act as a point of communication between the board of directors and the company.
• Attend all board meetings and take minutes. Fix board meetings of all companies in the group.
• Preparation of the agenda in consultation with the Chairman or preparing the outline of any speech to be delivered by the Chairman.
• Gathering all reports, documents and correspondence, which are likely to be needed at the meeting.
• Taking notes, recording all vital points and instructions decided in the meeting, and rendering assistance to the Chairman when necessary.
• Sending copies of the minutes to directors after they have been corrected.
• Advise the company on complying with the applicable rules and regulations.
• Maintain the registers and other statutory records.
• Render proper returns and give notifications required to be given to the Corporate Affairs Commission.
• File all necessary returns, such as special resolutions, annual list, and return of allotments.
• Compile and file all statutory returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
• Act as a bridge between the board and the company.
• Act as an intermediary between the company and the public.
• Ensures the proper custody of the statutory and other books of the company, such as register of charges and account books, register and index of members, register of directors and secretaries.
• Draft and review of contracts and service level agreements.
• Analyze and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the board
• Provide legal assistance/ support for heads of departments
• Interface with corporate entities and individual over compliance and regulatory issues
• Keep abreast of relevant legal and regulatory developments, laws and government policies.
• Implements an effective legislative intelligence and advisory systems which support Milan's strategic and operational plans.
• Manages the organization’s relationship with external counsel and relevant government agencies.
• Handle legal issues and court cases.
The ideal candidate must be dynamic, organized, and have the following requirements:
1. BL, LLB Minimum of 2.2 in Law,
2. ICSAN professional qualification is an added advantage.
3. Minimum of 5 years post call in a similar role as a company secretary
4. Experience in property, trading of FMCG will be an added advantage.
5. Must not be more than 35 years of age.
If you are qualified and interested, kindly send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject - Legal Adviser/Company Secretary immediately.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38