Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment (16143 Views)

Unemployment And The Danger Of Personal Shyness: My Experience. / How Richie Won The Fight Over Unemployment, You Too Can Do The Same. / Masssive Recruitment At University Of Ilorin (over 148 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by kado(m): 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
A 29-year old lady identified as Miss Esther Okafor of Ganmo, a suburb of Ilorin in Kwara State last Thursday reportedly attempted suicide over her unemployment status.

The lady was said to have gone to a secluded location in the area to hang herself but was intercepted by one Alhaji Akeem Mustapha, who was said to have gone there to inspect a building site.

When asked why she wanted to take her life in such manner, Esther responded that she got tired of looking for a job to no avail.

“I am from a poor background. My father is aged while my mother is no more. I struggled to see myself through school, but because I am indebted to the institution to the tune of N15, 000, I have been unable to collect my certificate”, she said.

Reacting to the incident, the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Social Development, Culture and Tourism Samuel Osuolale Ajayi, said youths should be creative by exploring their inert potentials for economic gains instead of resorting to suicide which he said is a criminal offence.

He added that the ministry would rehabilitate Esther, a graduate of Health Information Management from the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital and render any form of assistance that could make her want to live again.

www.informationng.com/2013/11/lady-29-attempts-suicide-in-ilorin-over-unemployment.html
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by Gboliwe: 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2013
Suicide has never been a positive option. Youths should keep this in mind. Thank God she got lucky, she is one lucky one in a thousand.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by Swiftlee(m): 11:04am On Nov 13, 2013
Hmmm; Suicide is a sin, a crime when caught attempting it, punishable by law..so, its not an option friends! There is always hope when there is life..be wise!
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by Phikom(m): 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
suicidal act...all will be well with her...
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by 100ksalescom(m): 2:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
sad Poor Lady.
Frustration na bad tin o
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
na she sabi ooo
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by sexymoma(f): 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
So na for heaven she go get employment ba......

4 Likes

Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by slap1(m): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nice idea. Now she should get a job.
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by FunnyPikincom(m): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
[b]Well, i was once in her shoe, i sat at home for Good Five Years without Job. My fiancee dumped me, My friends deserted me, My family looked down on me...Then, I tried to make suicide attempt inside my room via my ceiling fan, But it couldnt work.
I started small by teaching at a private school, i worked there for 6 months. Then, i used the money to buy a tokunbo laptop and opened a FACEBOOK FANPAGE https://facebook.com/FunnyPikin where i make people laugh. Though, comedy is my passion. From there, i heard about blogging and researched about it on google,i bought many ebook and downloaded many audios. then, i launched http://vibenaija..com/ and he rest is history. Alhamdulillah today, Im a Stand Up Comedian with Over 120k Fans on facebook, i compere/MC events. i also leveraged on my facebook, twitter and bbm Fan list to drive traffic to my entertainment blog.....
By the Grace of God, I earn what a Banker Cant earn as monthly salary via Blogging and Comedy today...
One thing to note here is that i dont have boss, i wake up and sleep anytime i want, But i dont Joke with My business because Blogging and Comedy business na serious business oooOO cheesy
Brothers and sisters, Dont lose hope on yourself, TRY TO TAKE NOTE OF ONE TALENT IN YOU,THEN, MONETIZE IT. You will soar high like EAGLE....
Suicide is not a solution, rather it will worsen the situation... cool cool cool cool
[/b]

52 Likes

Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
And ds wil make her get a job real quick...Smart lady
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by packman: 2:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
[size=15pt]MR PRESIDENT g .E .j FOR 2015

PLEASE DONT BLAME HIM FOR THE FAILURE OF YESTERYEARS

YET OUR YOUTH DIES OF FRUSTRATION...... sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

CRIME THE OTHER OF THE DAY........ angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

DAY LIGHT LOOTING NIGERIA LATEST TRADITION.................... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

OGA ON TOP.................. THE SYSTEM TO GET A JOB.......... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

NO OGA ON TOP............NO WAY TO GET ON TOP............ cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

GOD HELP NIGERIA cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by guttentag(m): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
Suicide is not the best answer so what will she do when Nigerians is generally lack love of helping one another.
I don't blame her
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by Nasige(m): 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
I can imagine what she most have tru,may God assist us in this country.
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by gistsky: 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
It reminds me of Esther in d bible, "if i perish, i perish"! It works.

1 Like

Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by carlos1(m): 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
kado:

www.informationng.com/2013/11/lady-29-attempts-suicide-in-ilorin-over-unemployment.html

I will try to fake my own suicide hanging too next time Gov T.A Orji passes my environs like he normally does. But hehe! I know dat wicked man will tell his security men to ignore me dat am reharsing a movie. Una know wetin dat one mean na

7 Likes

Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by calabaman(m): 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
Suicide is for loosers!!!

I would never employ such in my company
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by damibravo(m): 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
An Hollywood Movie scene...lol
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by calabaman(m): 3:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
carlos1:

I will try to fake my own suicide hanging too next time Gov T.A Orji passes my environs like he normally does. But hehe! I know dat wicked man will tell his security men to ignore me dat am reharsing a movie. Una know wetin dat one mean na

You would just die for nothing and his convoy would splash muddy water on your dangling co**se

5 Likes

Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by yunglykmine(m): 3:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
na wah o
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by tute972002(m): 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
Oga Ooo!
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by nerodenero: 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
Only cowards commit suicide.
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by jmoore(m): 3:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
Those that have no hands in Nigeria have not committed suicide. A full able-bodied woman is complaining. She should go and start farming.

Only cowards run away from challenges by taking their own lives.
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by OmolodMilkman93(m): 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
and death is beta?
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by iamboody(m): 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
I don't think job is the main issue here, maybe its husband thing, cos at 29 most ladies are frustrated for not having one. Relax God is in control.
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by Zither(m): 3:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
Extreme folly in action. Circumstances are harsh, guaranteed. People in worse shoes have risen above their personal problems and are the ones who inspire others today. Tough times don't last but tough people do.
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
do not under estimate a human and his potential to commit suicide, EVER!!!

You dont know what is going through the heart of man. so just Stop it!

Most People who are alive in Nigeria and crave so much after their LIFE are already DEAD.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by Nikapetrelli(f): 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
Too bad,better go n start hawking something n quit thinking Suicide
Re: Lady Attempts Suicide In Ilorin Over Unemployment by 3ace(m): 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
Thank God she was intercepted.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apply For KPMG Graduate Trainee Programme 2018/2019 / Guiness Nig. Assessment Centre Invitation: Retail Sales Executive{enugu} / SURE-P Employs 100,000 Graduates In Its Graduate Internship Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.