Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! (2082 Views)

Help Help - My Friend Has Been Bleeding For A Week Now After Taking Postino 2 / Dont Drink Water If Bleeding From An Injury And Thirsty / Help! How Do I Solve My Bleeding Gums Issue Locally? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by caramel007(f): 5:45am On Nov 13, 2013
I need your help as I am presently not feeling to happy at all. The problem is that I have been menstruating for the past 7days. This has never happened to me before. Never, I usually menstruate for three days, most times I don't use a pad on the fourth day.

This time around, I was surprised to find out that my flow was quite heavy on the fourth day. Thank God I was even home, I would have been highly embarrassed. Today is the seventh day and I m beginning to get scared. I know the hospital is my best bet which I ll definitely go by weekend. This is because I work on the island but my hospital is on the mainland. Since the weekend is two days from now or let me say three, I have decided to post my problem here so I can receive advice from the medical practitioners and experienced mothers in the house.
I must stress that ever since I started menstruating at the age of thirteen, now I am 28, I have never experienced this before, never!

Why is this happening to me and what are the likely causes? Your response will be highly appreciated. I'm tired of wearing sanitary pads everyday.
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by Itsmedan: 5:50am On Nov 13, 2013
caramel007: I need your help as I am presently not feeling to happy at all. The problem is that I have been menstruating for the past 7days. This has never happened to me before. Never, I usually menstruate for three days, most times I don't use a pad on the fourth day.

This time around, I was surprised to find out that my flow was quite heavy on the fourth day. Thank God I was even home, I would have been highly embarrassed. Today is the seventh day and I m beginning to get scared. I know the hospital is my best bet which I ll definitely go by weekend. This is because I work on the island but my hospital is on the mainland. Since the weekend is two days from now or let me say three, I have decided to post my problem here so I can receive advice from the medical practitioners and experienced mothers in the house.
I must stress that ever since I started menstruating at the age of thirteen, now I am 28, I have never experienced this before, never!

Why is this happening to me and what are the likely causes? Your response will be highly appreciated. I'm tired of wearing sanitary pads everyday.

Sometime it might be because of some hormonal imbalances as long as there was no case if instrumentation lately I mean like D&C in d absence of that you will need to do a hormonal profiling; but I will strongly advice you go and see a gynecologist, postponing a health matter is not the wisest thing to do. All the best

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by Ezemarcel(m): 5:52am On Nov 13, 2013
My dear u don't need to worry...all u need to do is to go for medical check up...I suspect fibrod...but that's not ur potion in Jesus name...Amen..God will heal u dear.
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by Mynd44: 6:04am On Nov 13, 2013
Go see a gynecologist and fast too
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by chuksbogus: 6:13am On Nov 13, 2013
u will have to do a pelvic ultrasound to isolate d cause.but most times is usually caused by fibrayoma(fibroid).nevertheless see a gynae.
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by caramel007(f): 7:05am On Nov 13, 2013
Thank you for the comments. I would also want to add that I took yoyo bitters about two weeks to my period. I read in the leaflets that it helps menstrual disorders. Could that be the case?

I might be wrong, its just an observation though. Seeing my doc on saturday. Hopefully it would have stopped by then.
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by Mynd44: 7:14am On Nov 13, 2013
caramel007: Thank you for the comments. I would also want to add that I took yoyo bitters about two weeks to my period. I read in the leaflets that it helps menstrual disorders. Could that be the case?

I might be wrong, its just an observation though. Seeing my doc on saturday. Hopefully it would have stopped by then.
Self medication is in most times wrong. See someone who is qualified else you might do yourself more damage
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by ignis: 7:50am On Nov 13, 2013
@ Op, u better suspend everything you are doing and consult a doctor.
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by martmilly(f): 10:52am On Nov 13, 2013
i think u shud consult a doctor,in most cases P I D, its an infection thou can lead to abnormal bleeding.do c a doctor and carry ou some test.
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by Kx: 11:01am On Nov 13, 2013
Is It fiby as some opinion has suggested here? NO
Hormonal imbalance ? Yes
Infection related as well? Probable
Solution? See a gyny.
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by ESULAALU: 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hmmmm.....I would suggest you see your doctor asap.
Based on my own personal experience I am almost tempted to think it might be the yoyo bitter that has caused this ''imbalance'' in your system but please see your doctor asap.

In my own personal experience, I took yoyo bitters and ended up stooling so much,I started passing out blood as stool and passed out in the toilet. Thank goodness there were people in the house who rushed me to the nearest hospital. I did not overdose, I simply used the recommended dosage on the pack. Our bodies are different so some people might take it and feel normal whilst it might have not so good effects on others.

In conclusion, please see your doctor asap abeg. Take care and do let us know how it goes.
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by caramel007(f): 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
@Esulaalu,I can't remember stooling much. But I remember I felt pain in my lower abdomen resembling the desire to use the loo. I only took one bottle and I took d recommended dose as well. No overdose.

I know its definitely not fibroid, I doubt it but I ll be seeing my doc soonest. Just wanna know if others have gone through same.

Esulaalu ogiri oko, obelekun sunkun ki eru o ba elekun...
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by RoyalRoy(m): 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
caramel007: @

Esulaalu,

Esulaalu ogiri oko, obelekun sunkun ki eru o ba elekun...

What a name!!

Lol

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by blank(f): 2:42am On Nov 14, 2013
If you are on hormonal contraceptives, this may be the cause.
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by caramel007(f): 5:53am On Nov 14, 2013
Nothing of that sort. No D n C as well.
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 14, 2013
I strongly believe its d yoyo bitters, cos sometime last year, I took one traditional medicine like dat and my menses lasted for 8 days but after dat I hv been having my normal menstruation.
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by swtme(f): 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
U don't av fibroid IJN,but pls go 2 d hospital uhn.It is well with u.....
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by caramel007(f): 7:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
Thanks love
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by ignis: 7:29am On Nov 16, 2013
@ Op, are you still bleeding now?
Re: I Have Been Bleeding For The Past One Week! by caramel007(f): 6:13am On Nov 17, 2013
@ignis, no its has stopped. It stopped on the 7th day. All the same I'm still seeing my doc. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Help! Am No Longer Mensurating / Snizy, Runny Nose And Blocked Nose. Relief Help / Please!! ...try To Avoid Sleeping On The Floor! ..something Just Happened To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.