Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools (8435 Views)

Anyi Obi, One Of The Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (pic) / NUT To Distribute Laptops To Teachers in Lagos / Rose Nkemdili-Obi Maltina Teacher Of The Year 2015 (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by francondu: 9:05am On Nov 13, 2013
oluwashaddow: my dear d greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,it is d illusion of knowledge,please b4 u compare things try to be informed about it,opon imo is probably d greatest learning device innovation to have come out of Africa n some other parts of the world
Taaaa mechie onu. Nwokem a bukwanu akpa amu o. Aregbesola erigo unu mugu

2 Likes

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by abes(m): 9:06am On Nov 13, 2013
They have started their lies again, its in their DNA

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/06/03/opon-imo-will-save-osun-n8-4-billion-of-textbook-procurement-costs/

Opon imo will save Odun N8.4b, not cost o.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by tomakint: 9:10am On Nov 13, 2013
abes: They have started their lies again, its in their DNA

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/06/03/opon-imo-will-save-osun-n8-4-billion-of-textbook-procurement-costs/

Opon imo will save Odun N8.4b, not cost o.

You are not smart, how come the State government is spending a whopping 8.4 billion on textbooks in the first place, this should be of concern to you and I hope you know that the cost at which those 'Opon Imo Tablets' were procured was never disclosed and this is what 'controversy' has revealed to us here. Below is your quoted source;

The State of Osun on Monday took a giant step in its effort to tackle mass illiteracy and ease learning process in senior secondary schools across the state with the launch of Opon Imo.

Opon Imo also known as the tablet of knowledge is an e-learning device, the first if its kind in Nigeria provided by the state government to equip students with knowledge and make it easier for them to pass school leaving certificates examination.

According to the Governor of the State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf ARegbesola, the journey of the electronic device adapted for education purpose, was conceived in 2011.

He revealed that Opon Imo specifically meant for senior secondary students, will help ease the challenge of external examination and it will also save the state about N8.4 billion annually in textbook procurement costs.

The Governor also stated that the device will ease the students of carrying loaded backpacks of books which according to research result in back pains for the students.

Opon Imo is a standalone, educational, multimedia e-learning content platform that comes with pre-loaded applications for WAEC and JAMB approved text books.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by juman(m): 9:11am On Nov 13, 2013
The way he does things nowadays it appears he did nothing before.

1 Like

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by abes(m): 9:14am On Nov 13, 2013
tomakint:
You are not smart, how come the State government is spending a whopping 8.4 billion on textbooks in the first place, this should be of concern to you and I hope you know that the cost at which those 'Opon Imo Tablets' were procured was never disclosed and this is what 'controversy' has revealed to us here. Below is your quoted source;

The State of Osun on Monday took a giant step in its effort to tackle mass illiteracy and ease learning process in senior secondary schools across the state with the launch of Opon Imo.

Opon Imo also known as the tablet of knowledge is an e-learning device, the first if its kind in Nigeria provided by the state government to equip students with knowledge and make it easier for them to pass school leaving certificates examination.

According to the Governor of the State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf ARegbesola, the journey of the electronic device adapted for education purpose, was conceived in 2011.

He revealed that Opon Imo specifically meant for senior secondary students, will help ease the challenge of external examination and it will also save the state about N8.4 billion annually in textbook procurement costs.

The Governor also stated that the device will ease the students of carrying loaded backpacks of books which according to research result in back pains for the students.

Opon Imo is a standalone, educational, multimedia e-learning content platform that comes with pre-loaded applications for WAEC and JAMB approved text books.

You can open a new thread for that discussion. I only stopped the lies before it becomes true.
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by oluwashaddow(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2013
tomakint:
No one is asking you for a homily, all what she raised is the disparity between the monetary figures of N2.65 billion to over N8 billion to acquire the said laptops and opon imo respectively, and it seems you are 'missing' this point undecided
read dis through;
With the Opon Imo (Tablet of Knowledge)
initiative to be distributed to students preparing
for internal and external examinations, the Osun
State Government is saving N8.2 billion that
could have been spent on purchase of books on
an annual basis.
The government said with 56 textbooks on 17
subjects, which have been converted into the soft
copies in the Opon Imo device, students have the
added advantage of carrying a single digital
device that makes learning easier.
Apparently referring to a publication in which the
state government was criticised for paying N200
million for the conversion of textbooks into the
Opon Imo device, Governor Rauf Aregbesola, while
speaking at a programme for the distribution of
some educational materials worth N30 million on
Wednesday, said his administration deserved
commendations from all for the idea of Opon Imo
in which about 150,000 digital devices are to be
distributed to students across the state.
Aregbesola said the huge funds, which his
administration continuously commits to the
education sector, is designed to instill in every
public school pupil a minimum level of value.
Aregbesola said: “Were we to purchase 56
textbooks for 17 subjects being offered at SSCE
for 150,000 students, over N8.4 billion will be
spent annually as against N200 million expended
on Opon Imo for the conversion of books.”
The governor said instead of being commended
for God’s endowed ingenuity and wisdom, which
gave birth to the Opon Imo initiative, some
people prefer demonstrating their ignorance by
grandstanding and claiming what they are not.
He described the score card of the last
administration in the education sector even after
90 months in office as a far cry from his
administration’s achievements in only 27 months.
Aregbesola then cautioned teachers against
sharp practices in the distribution and utilisation
of instructional materials and appealed to parents
and guardians to assist the government in
ensuring prudent usage of government funds paid
to schools.
The governor had called some students present
at the event who confirmed that the average cost
of a textbook for SSSE students is between
N1,000 and N1,500.
With this, the governor said: “We have been able,
through the support of the citizens of Osun, to
develop an innovative device, and we put in that
Opon Imo 56 text books for 17 subjects being
taught here.
“That was what we purchased for N200 million.
“Aregbesola and his team of endowed people
have saved Osun people N8.2 billionn with the
introduction of Opon Imo alone.
“Must I be commended or condemned?”

3 Likes

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by danot1030: 9:17am On Nov 13, 2013
simply election desperation. why did he do these before now?
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by oluwashaddow(m): 9:18am On Nov 13, 2013
francondu: Taaaa mechie onu. Nwokem a bukwanu akpa amu o. Aregbesola erigo unu mugu
oga write with d language I understand,I beg.
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by gleaf: 9:21am On Nov 13, 2013
danot1030: simply election desperation. why did he do these before now?
[b][/b]
If you are truly following events in Anambra you would have known that this is the second phase of this project, Yes its an election period and definitely he will use it to campaign cos APGA is working in Anambra !! unlike some touts that is using VIP toilets to campaign.

1 Like

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by francondu: 9:28am On Nov 13, 2013
oluwashaddow: oga write with d language I understand,I beg.
Lol Nigeria is a multilingual society. Try and be versatile
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:30am On Nov 13, 2013
Obi is the best
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by oluwashaddow(m): 9:35am On Nov 13, 2013
gleaf: [b][/b]
If you are truly following events in Anambra you would have known that this is the second phase of this project, Yes its an election period and definitely he will use it to campaign cos APGA is working in Anambra !! unlike some touts that is using VIP toilets to campaign.
bro make I give a clue: if u want to criticize engige,u should do dat constructively e.g as a legislator,ask about d no of bills he sponsored 2.d no of motion he moved 3.d no of motion he seconded 4.his contribution to d commuter he is a member of.. and as an executive I.e,when he was a governor......ask him about what he did on 1.infrastructure 2.basic health care 3.education 4.agriculture 5.poverty alleviation e.t.c....pls stop dwelling on public toilet,cos as a legislator,dat is just and addendum to his responsibility......pls take note
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by Nigerianmovie(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2013
asha 80: on a more serious note i would have prefered desk tops to laptops since not all students would get it.

hr has given desktop and generators in the past.
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by 9jagirl4re(f): 10:21am On Nov 13, 2013
Its never too late to advance education for the youths! Better late then never wink
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 13, 2013
Are laptops critical need in Anambra school system? Why buy laptops when most schools' structures are dilapidated? Most roads in Onitsha and Awka are in shambles and Peter is busy distributing laptops to kids who go to schools everyday hungry, without school bags and sandals. The big question however is, why must Peter wake up to commission projects during election periods? What has he been doing for the past eight years? To me, all these are cheap politics undecided

2 Likes

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by obayaya(m): 10:49am On Nov 13, 2013
when I Say Peter Obi laid a solid foundation in anambra that the next administration must build in, my sweetheart Miss freeglobe will attack me.

but the truth is the man tried. I remember last year when secondary school sports festival was held in port Harcourt, they used Uniport sports complex.. and when other States where coming with one huge luxury bus with the state names, anambra came in with a convoy of Toyota hiace school buses with names of different schools.. I remember I saw one marked CKC, Onitsha. I felt very proud.

some ppl might say this is a last minute push. last Year and 2 years ago ppl said it was just mere media campaign. Ppl will keep saying things, drawing inferences.

but the truth remains that okwute did marvelously well while maintaining strong financial Prudence. No doubt world bank listed anambra, ekiti and one other State in the north for its pilot basic education programme based on history of commitment to education, effective implementation of programmes and fiscal responsibility.

we believe obiano will continue from where obi stopped in implementing the ANIDS framework

5 Likes

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by obayaya(m): 10:56am On Nov 13, 2013
oluwashaddow: bro make I give a clue: if u want to criticize engige,u should do dat constructively e.g as a legislator,ask about d no of bills he sponsored 2.d no of motion he moved 3.d no of motion he seconded 4.his contribution to d commuter he is a member of.. and as an executive I.e,when he was a governor......ask him about what he did on 1.infrastructure 2.basic health care 3.education 4.agriculture 5.poverty alleviation e.t.c....pls stop dwelling on public toilet,cos as a legislator,dat is just and addendum to his responsibility......pls take note

he did not sponsor or cosponsor any Bill.. the motion I was expecting him to shine with, which was to make a rebuttal to senator adeyemi's claims that the oil in anambra belongs to kogi State. but your principal, senator Ngige kept mute and said nothing!!

the only achievement he can point to building VIP toilets with 333 million he recieves per year for constituency project

so remind me what your point was?

1 Like

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by obayaya(m): 10:59am On Nov 13, 2013
Idi Amin: Are laptops critical need in Anambra school system? Why buy laptops when most schools' structures are dilapidated? Most roads in Onitsha and Awka are in shambles and Peter is busy distributing laptops to kids who go to schools everyday hungry, without school bags and sandals. The big question however is, why must Peter wake up to commission projects during election periods? What has he been doing for the past eight years? To me, all these are cheap politics undecided

do you live in anambra? who told you the roads are in shambles?

and Building roads is more important than educating children for the future with equipments that will make them fit into this ever changing tech world of ours?

ANIDS framework goes with the motto; developing all sectors simultaneously.

1 Like

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by gleaf: 11:22am On Nov 13, 2013
oluwashaddow: bro make I give a clue: if u want to criticize engige,u should do dat constructively e.g as a legislator,ask about d no of bills he sponsored 2.d no of motion he moved 3.d no of motion he seconded 4.his contribution to d commuter he is a member of.. and as an executive I.e,when he was a governor......ask him about what he did on 1.infrastructure 2.basic health care 3.education 4.agriculture 5.poverty alleviation e.t.c....pls stop dwelling on public toilet,cos as a legislator,dat is just and addendum to his responsibility......pls take note
[b][/b]

Firstly as a legislator for two years he did not sponsor any bill secondly he only moved the motion for Achebe"s state burial thirdly he did not second any bill(SENATE RELEASED THE RECORDS FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE) As for the committe on power he is vice chairman we only know they tour around the power projects only heavens know if they contribute any meaningful thing, cos the govt is already taking a radical approach to that.
When he was the he was not sleeping in Anambra cos of security issues he caused with his co election riggers and the state was constantly in violence that caused us alot of destruction (SO HE CANT PROMISE US SECURITY, COS HE IS A SECURITY RISK) He only constructed a few kilometer of roads in his local govt area no single road any other place or area(VERIFYABLE) He is a medical doctor but during his reign we do not have any acccreditated hospital(OBVIOUS) The only thing he did in education was siting the state teaching hospital in his home town and not even a a foundation was laid there.
Every other area was not touched , if he did any kindly let us know. He acclaimed his failure to his frnds brigands that was fighting him then and so we dont want such fights again.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by Controversy: 11:31am On Nov 13, 2013
Idi Amin: Are laptops critical need in Anambra school system? Why buy laptops when most schools' structures are dilapidated? Most roads in Onitsha and Awka are in shambles and Peter is busy distributing laptops to kids who go to schools everyday hungry, without school bags and sandals. The big question however is, why must Peter wake up to commission projects during election periods? What has he been doing for the past eight years? To me, all these are cheap politics undecided
We are talking about Anambra state here not Osun state

1 Like

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by francondu: 11:48am On Nov 13, 2013
Front page mods
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
shocked grin. Na wa oh.so osun state is the first to use any of ipad,laptops,tablets for learning in the whole of africa and some parts of the world?
You even called the opon imo an innovation.
You people can lie oh shocked grin
oluwashaddow: my dear d greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,it is d illusion of knowledge,please b4 u compare things try to be informed about it,opon imo is probably d greatest learning device innovation to have come out of Africa n some other parts of the world
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by ak47mann(m): 12:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
cool

1 Like

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by rafindo(m): 12:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
gleaf: [b][/b]
.well i appreciate the fact u have lost ur sense of integrity,sound mind to access good from bad to the master philosopher obi.i thank the man for showin us how gullible,foolish and brainwashed the so cald human beings are.were he uses is negative mindset to enslave the mind of people like u.wel some human beings stil exist in anambra state.ur children,ancestor wil groan in pain wen dey see u praise mediocrity for biscuit,crumbs.
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by ChinoIsBack: 12:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
Controversy: One of the reason i love Peter Obi. More action less noise
Compare 22,500 laptops plus 1400 printer with Osun state 3600 Opom Imo fraud
•22,500 laptops plus 1400 printer = 2.65billion
•3,600 Opom Imo ipad = 8.6billion
Aregbesola is a fraudster but his gullible supporters will never admit it

This is an eye opener.. grin

So this is how Tinibu is running his APC states dry..?

Fraudulent evil party..
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by kingbang: 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
rafindo: .well i appreciate the fact u have lost ur sense of integrity,sound mind to access good from bad to the master philosopher obi.i thank the man for showin us how gullible,foolish and brainwashed the so cald human beings are.were he uses is negative mindset to enslave the mind of people like u.wel some human beings stil exist in anambra state.ur children,ancestor wil groan in pain wen dey see u praise mediocrity for biscuit,crumbs.

This your written English gives me headache! Itibolibo!!!

1 Like

Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by nerodenero: 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
Political gimmick grin
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by pet7: 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
the principals shud nt convert to personal use period
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by ventnaija: 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
[Gist] : See How an Ethiopian chick claims Wizkid has been texting her roommate

Click Link Below

http://ventnaija..com.br/2013/11/gist-ethiopian-chick-claims-wizkid-has.html
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by ATMCARD2(m): 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
Good move.
Re: Obi Distribute Laptops & Printers To Anambra Schools by akereconfi: 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
soon TRIBAL bigots will flood this thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Study And Work In Canada Legally Via EWC( Closed) / How Much Is The Registration Fee For Junior WAEC? / Stipulated Date For Unizik Pre Science Resumption Is On 13th Feb. -read On.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.