Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee (25730 Views)

Tecno Is Going Premium And It Is Frightening. Here's Why / Top 5 Reason Why Tecno Is Still The Worst Android Phone Ever / Tecno Is Winning The Smartphone War In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by vowiski(m): 9:02am On Nov 13, 2013
Samsung has seen its market-share in Nigeria reduced tremendously by the unexpected rise of Tecno brand which has gained much love by a vast majority of youths in that region. The Chinese company Tecno, which once had a ridiculous identity with the mass production of down-market phones has completely repositioned itself with the exciting and open source Android OS from Google.

Tech savvy users in Nigeria now see the Tecno brand as an automatic alternative to phones manufactured by mega mobile vendors like Samsung and Sony which are largely considered as being “simply” over-priced.

Although, the position of Samsung in Nigeria can’t be ignored, Tecno has managed to carve out an identity for itself which is proven by millions of Nigerian youths using the Andriod smartphone from Tecno. One of the most popular, cheap and affordable smartphones the company has produced is Tecno Phantom A1. The phone received great review score from reviewers in Nigeria; it got a remarkable 4 out of 5 stars over here and signifies the roadmap to Tecno’s pleasant future in Africa’s biggest mobile market.

Tecno has consolidated on the success of Tecno Phantom A1 by delivering more function-rich smartphones. However, Tecno now faces stiff threat from Gionee which provides decent phones and also at a competitive price rage. Unlike the mega mobile vendors whose phones are largely unaffordable by a vast majority, Gionee phones seems like the bridge between phones for the elite and phones for the common.

The atmosphere is all changing for Tecno, it is no longer the usual business as Gionee has silently entered into the Nigeria mobile market with smartphones effectively running on Android OS backed by an equally reliable hardware manufacturing standard. Both Tecno and Gionee smartphones are function-rich, have sweet price spot but Gionee is competing against itself with incredible smartphones while Tecno rely on its previous success to remain in business. There is a more burning thirst for success in the camp of Gionee which is proven by innovative Gionee smartphones that have been released, coupled with aggressive marketing campaigns. The result of such action is already being felt in southern Nigeria where Gionee has suddenly become a household name.

While Tecno still remains the leader in the making of cheap, affordable and reliable smartphones in Nigeria, Gionee’s entrance into the Nigeria mobile market has already created a healthy competition between Tecno which will ultimately be beneficial for users.

Take a look at some of Gionee’s smartphones and Specs;
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by johnwizey: 9:41am On Nov 13, 2013
Na lie jhoor
#team_tecno

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 13, 2013
vowiski:

Take a look at some of Gionee’s smartphones below;
are you advertising gionee because tecno is still gaining more popularity on a daily bases.one comparative advantage of Tecno over other phones is price.

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Mafia4life(m): 10:28am On Nov 13, 2013
Honestly, I realised Tecno has been producing similar devices with different names. Then I went for Gionee E3. Actually, I haven't seen any Tecno phone that beats this device. The display and it's sound system is trilling. Alongside it's 16GB internal memory. I give more credit to Gionee but I dislike their rom

7 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by vowiski(m): 11:14am On Nov 13, 2013
If there was one problem Tecno needs to address ASAP, that would be their internal storage which is very ridiculous at best!

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by OgaTheTop2: 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
^^^ Yeah right!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Excelboi(m): 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
OK we Don hear
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by intentional(f): 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
#team blackberry#. *runs out of thread*

12 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by everyday: 1:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
Everything makes front page these days
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by RealAlfranco: 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
Oboy!!! Dis Gionee fones sense making is epic!!! #TeamGionee
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by bigt2(m): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
I believe the name on the front view and the RAM are killing Tecno.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by born2boink(m): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
Team#GioneeP2#, at least TECNO was not written gbaragada on it front

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by stephano100(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
those of u complaining abt d name on d frnt hw did likes of apple,samsung,sony,htc,lg... built their brand,was it buy hidin dier logo??

if dey hid their names on thier fone, would dey hav been well knwn as dey are 2day in 9ja??....if u no get talk kip shut
#teamvalueformoney...gionee or tecno

5 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by sEGXY2(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
team tecno are really tryin buh they need to do something fast.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by wheesin(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lol... I laugh in Turkish.... But tecno is fucking up now o... 512mb is like a nightmare.... Only if gineoo has a service center in ilorin... Then ama migrate....
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by snoopzilla: 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
Tecno rocks.
You can have a US Number on your Nigerian Sim which enables you to Make call (with US caller i.d) Receive calls and Sms.
This is not a joke.
Get it done at http://usacallsms.com
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by homesteady(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
I don't even know the Gionee phone! undecided

6 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by networkgenuis: 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
Yes, Tecno is really loosing its market share not just to Gionee, but also to other low end Android brands. No thanks to their company policy of churning out phones with ridiculous specs almost on weekly basis.

How can you keep releasing a dual core phone with a paltry 512mb of RAM? And 1400mAh battery? Isn't it siilly?
There's more to a smart phone than just running the Android os.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Bootybuttchic(f): 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
Not for sale wink
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Opiosko: 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
Poor review, whr are d specs and prices of the Gionee phones u ar reviewing?

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by galdimare: 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
johnwizey: Na lie jhoor
#team_tecno

Gionee is far much better dan tecno in terms of long lasting battery...

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Ruq: 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
i ain't never heard of Gionee

5 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by smoothlips(m): 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
Mafia4life: Honestly, I realised Tecno has been producing similar devices with different names. Then I went for Gionee E3. Actually, I haven't seen any Tecno phone that beats this device. The display and it's sound system is trilling. Alongside it's 16GB internal memory. I give more credit to Gionee but I dislike their rom
and you still use aa BlackBerry phone....me sef am hearing this Gionee for the first time

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by omoadeleye(m): 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
all this Na for your pocket oo, tecno rocks pass club self.
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
is it tru that tecno phones are very fragile n are very liable to spoil easily ?

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by tonychristopher: 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
vowiski:

Take a look at some of Gionee’s smartphones below;

I know that most people here are more of consumers and take any shittt that come there way dressed in Android ....I have been opportuned to work closely with the two firms here in Nigeria as a pr....men these phones sucks especially techno....gionee is good but not fantastic while techno is just a phone that can't handle three hours browsing with out overheating...maybe they will need a radiator

I use a HTC sense men forget the phone....its awesome...have u ever bought an European techno...the different is clear
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by grandstar(m): 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
the beauty about gionee is that it has a better brand name than tecno. when one thinks of tecno they think of cheap chinko. tecno has serious branding problems. i might go for gionee because of this!
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Idrismusty97(m): 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
Tecno D7 is the only turnoff for tecno because of its price.If it were 18k i will defend it with my life ogrin.

[size=24pt] Myk person abuse tecno near me if he no dey fear! [/size] grin

[size=24pt] Just passing by o
----oooO---
----(----)----!
-----\--(--
------\_)
-----------Oooo
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ -
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by funstufz: 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
Seriously Tecno is bleeping up via its customer care policy, imagine Loosing your phone for just #2000 cus Tecno no longer produce/procure Accessories of your phone that you bought with your hard-earned money...
If you doubt what am saying ask anibody using Tecno T1 and you will confirm this and I wander wat might happen to people jubilating wit Phantom and Co. Maybe they re goin to increase the "replacement discount" to say #5k or thereabout.
Yes, Replacement Discount for T1 you can imagine...and you drop your phone ooo.
NB. Nothing like swapping ooo

#Team Tecno#

1 Like

Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by tonychristopher: 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
franclean flexy: is it tru that tecno phones are very fragile n are very liable to spoil easily ?

yes
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by 12month: 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
tonychristopher:

I know that most people here are more of consumers and take any shittt that come there way dressed in Android ....I have been opportuned to work closely with the two firms here in Nigeria as a pr....men these phones sucks especially techno....gionee is good but not fantastic while techno is just a phone that can't handle three hours browsing with out overheating...maybe they will need a radiator

I use a HTC sense men forget the phone....its awesome...have u ever bought an European techno...the different is clear

bro which wan be European tecno again
Re: Tecno Is Losing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee by Hadeyeancah(m): 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
Gionee phone really rock than Techno.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finally! Video Call Feature Is Now Official On Whatsapp For Everyone / 6 Categories Of Mobile Network Customers. Where Do You Belong? / Infinix Sets To Launch A New Device With Davido , Patoranking & Ini Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.