Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success (894 Views)

Editorial: Awo--the Stone That Was Rejected / E,X.P.O.S.E.D. Brain Behind Lies Against Nigerians Revealed! / Awo The Great : Not So Great Outside Yorubaland ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by Sirniyeh(m): 10:39am On Nov 13, 2013
Major-General Adeyinka Adebayo (rtd), 85, is a former military governor of the defunct Western Region in whose time Chief Obafemi Awolowo was released from prison and made to join the General Yakubu Gowon government as Federal Commissioner for Finance and Vice Chairman of the Federal Executive Council. Adebayo, a civil war general and President, Yoruba Council of Elders (YCE), spoke, in this interview at his Ikeja GRA, Lagos home, on how the release of the former premier of Western Region happened, the state-of-the- nation, the security challenges facing Nigeria, corruption and the South- West integration programme. Excerpts:
Your government of Western Region faciliated the release of Chief Obafemi Awolowo from prison after being convicted for treason. How did you arrive at that decision? We arrived at that decision because we discovered that there was no need to put him in prison in the first instance. The old man did a lot of good works for the country, for the Western Region and, when the military took over from the civilian regime that put him in prison, it was the duty of the military regime in power to release him. That was what we did. I worked on the military on the need to release him and we agreed. Yes, we brought him into the militarygovernment and he did a lot of good jobs for us there. So it was based on your recommendation that he became Federal Commissioner for Finance? Well, based on the recommendation of the government (laughs), he became the Federal Commissioner for Finance and he did very well in that position and improved the economy of the country. I just want to be sure of the role you played in how Chief Awolowo moved from prison to the office of the Federal Commissioner for Finance.
I recommended his release and he was released. And when we wanted to bring some civilians into the military government, we felt he would be very useful in the regime, and it turned out that he stood out of the pack. He never disappointed us and we thank God he did not.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/how-we-freed-awolowo-from-prison-to-join-gowons-govt-by-gen-adebayo/

1 Like

Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by nedu2000(m): 11:16am On Nov 13, 2013
Useful in what sense?....genocide?
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by francondu: 11:19am On Nov 13, 2013
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by IleIfe2(m): 11:26am On Nov 13, 2013
francondu: Biased mods see front page topic. https://www.nairaland.com/1515277/obi-distribute-22500-laptops-1400/1

nedu2000: Useful in what sense?....genocide?

Na wa for una o. Obi is investing and expects to get back his money after election. is that not how things work in Nigeria, what's special about that? but i hope the mods move Obi's laptops to the front page anyway. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by Sirniyeh(m): 11:30am On Nov 13, 2013
When we talk of intelligence, Yoruba people are to be reckon with in this Nigeria. Yoruba Intelligence superceeds all other ethnic groups. The succeess ascribed to Gowon was influenced by Awo.
Gowon was a young boy of 29, even single when became head of state but had lots of achievements.
Many of you witnessed the prudence of OBJ in ruling Nigeria. Compare to GEJ now.......all na story!
For this reason western region is more developed than any other region. Without yorubas, there cant be Nigeria because the economic power of the nation is in the hand of yoruba.
Igbos are just followers and GEJ happens to be a disgrace to them all

1 Like

Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by francondu: 11:30am On Nov 13, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Na wa for una o. Obi is investing and expects to get back his money after election. is that not things work in Nigeria, whats special about? but i hope the mods move to front page anyway. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Obi is not a selfish man
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by eggheaders(m): 11:34am On Nov 13, 2013

If we send this thing to where he belongs now, the bias mods will be banning our handles. To school you son and your fellow emotional lots. You don't go to war with 200 cutlasses and expect your enemies to feed you. Is that too complex for your brain to decipher??
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by francondu: 11:35am On Nov 13, 2013
Sirniyeh:
When we talk of intelligence, Yoruba people are to be reckon with in this Nigeria. Yoruba Intelligence superceeds all other ethnic groups. The succeess ascribed to Gowon was influenced by Awo.
Gowon was a young boy of 29, even single when became head of state but had lots of achievements.
Many of you witnessed the prudence of OBJ in ruling Nigeria. Compare to GEJ now.......all na story!
For this reason western region is more developed than any other region. Without yorubas, there cant be Nigeria because the economic power of the nation is in the hand of yoruba.
If I respond to your post,Mukina would ban me.
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by IleIfe2(m): 11:47am On Nov 13, 2013
francondu: Obi is not a selfish man

Sure thing, he is not. I hope he does not also have a 400 room rat and cockroach mansion. so, the next badge of laptops should be expected in 4 years time, right? . grin grin grin grin
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by francondu: 11:52am On Nov 13, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Sure thing, he is not. I hope does not also have a 400 room rat and cockroach mansion. so, the next badge of laptops should be expected in 4 years time, right? . grin grin grin grin
The distribution is done in phases,this is the second phase. It got no political undertone attached. He is simply doing his job,his tenure won't end this year I hope you know?
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by eggheaders(m): 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
francondu: The distribution is done in phases,this is the second phase. It got no political undertone attached. He is simply doing his job,his tenure won't end this year I hope you know?

Is he distributing computers to schools that look like war ravage structures. Our lady's woliwo, urban boys and urban girls, opoko high school, Onitsha high school and other public school in anambra need total over hauling.
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
Here is the gist:

Gowon was a great success!

He was so successful that his name rings bell when it comes to genocide in Africa!

The brain behind that success was Awo.

Awo was one of the best Yoruba brains.
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by Kponkwem(m): 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
What success? In genocidism and tribalism, and making Gowon, an insignificant minority, have guts to levy war against a God-ordained people..
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by eggheaders(m): 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:
Here is the gist:

Gowon was a great success!

He was so successful that his name rings bell when it comes to genocide in Africa!

The brain behind that success was Awo.
Awo was one of the best Yoruba brains.

And the one utilizing food meant for citizenry for himself and allies is what?? Sometimes I wonder the kind of thing y'all gat enclosed in your skull.
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by nedu2000(m): 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
eggheaders:

If we send this thing to where he belongs now, the bias mods will be banning our handles. To school you son and your fellow emotional lots. You don't go to war with 200 cutlasses and expect your enemies to feed you. Is that too complex for your brain to decipher??
И̣̣̣̥o one said anything about feeding them,but letting them feed,"them" in these terms are women & children,this is in UN charter of which nigeria is a member
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by eggheaders(m): 1:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
nedu2000: И̣̣̣̥o one said anything about feeding them,but letting them feed,"them" in these terms are women & children,this is in UN charter of which nigeria is a member

I wonder the kind of logic this things use when replying post. Is it Gowon and awo that were snatching food meant for civilians too.
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by Sirniyeh(m): 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
francondu: If I respond to your post,Mukina would ban me.
It means you dont have a sensible point to make. Idioooots are the ones that experience ban on nairaland.
Renew your mind
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by nedu2000(m): 7:37am On Nov 14, 2013
eggheaders:

I wonder the kind of logic this things use when replying post. Is it Gowon and awo that were snatching food meant for civilians too.
y do act like your ignorant?u know what I mean,gowon & awo ordered soldiers to block food,medical help into the south-east zone at the time.....so ‎​yes,they snatched food meant for civilians
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by nedu2000(m): 7:39am On Nov 14, 2013
Let's end this,opening old wounds maynt be the wisest thing to do *offers a handshake*
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by debetmx(m): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2013
nedu2000: Let's end this,opening old wounds maynt be the wisest thing to do *offers a handshake*
Re: AWO: The Brain Behind Gowon's Success by Uchek(m): 7:30pm On Mar 16
How market today?

Sirniyeh:

(1) (Reply)

Okupe Is A Liar,i'm Not Mandela-jonathan / Nyako: Resignation Vs Fighting Impeachment / Colleges Of Education COEASU Suspends Seven Months Old Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.