Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,678 members, 7,865,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:17 AM

Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? (538 Views)

Church Arranges Hampers On Members' Seats, Before Their Arrival (Pic) / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / The Rich Man And Lazarus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? by Acidosis(m): 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
James 2

"...For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in,

3 and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, “You sit here in a good place,” while you say to the poor man, “You stand over there,” or, “Sit down at my feet,”

4 have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

5 Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?

6 But you have dishonored the poor man. Are not the rich the ones who oppress you, and the ones who drag you into court?

7 Are they not the ones who blaspheme the honorable name by which you were called?

8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

9 But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors.

and I wonder if Men of God ever read these passages in the Bible..

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? by obyrich(m): 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
Haven't you heard that poverty is a sin?

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? by albacete(m): 1:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
No!
Re: Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? by Demainman1: 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
They will never see this quotes because adhering to it will not bring money into their bank account! They only see where it says to pay tithe.

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? by Acidosis(m): 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
obyrich: Haven't you heard that poverty is a sin?

Lol

says who?
grin
Re: Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? by yousee(m): 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
In my church, rich men are ushers
Re: Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? by Lilimax(f): 2:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
In my church also, rich men are cleaners...
Re: Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? by Acidosis(m): 2:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
yousee: In my church, rich men are ushers

So who are those that occupy the front seats?
Re: Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? by Acidosis(m): 2:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lilimax: In my church also, rich men are cleaners...
cool cool
Re: Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? by obyrich(m): 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
Acidosis:

Lol

says who?
grin
Benny Hinn and all pastorpreneurs who preach prosperity.
Re: Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? by obyrich(m): 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lilimax: In my church also, rich men are cleaners...
In my church rich men are elders who occupy the front seats.
Re: Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? by yousee(m): 7:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
Acidosis:

So who are those that occupy the front seats?
Me. I love sitting in the front, and I go to church early.

*that was before I joined a unit in the church

I have also attended one ECWA church where a sitting Dep. Gov welcomed me at the door...(He was an usher, and he stood the whole service)
Guy, I was humbled. Its an experience I won't forget.
Re: Should Pastors Reserve Front & Special Seats For The Rich? by OilSubsidy: 12:42am On Nov 14, 2013
You will never find the apostles of tithe on this thread cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Why We Should Preach The Gospel Of Jesus / Rev Chris Okotie A Pastor, Or A Super Star Or Rather Both? / 31 Biblical Virtues To Pray For Your Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.