Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,541 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:50 PM

Can Someone Successfully Be A Vegetarian In Nigeria? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can Someone Successfully Be A Vegetarian In Nigeria? (962 Views)

Do You Know the Importance of a Vegetarian Diet and How it Gives Better Health? / Being A Vegetarian In Nigeria / Skip The Sallah Meat, Become A Vegetarian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Successfully Be A Vegetarian In Nigeria? by IdomaLikita: 7:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
Hello NLers,
I am passionate about healthy living because I have benefited a lot from it! However, I wanna take it a step further by Becoming a Vegetarian! I know it requires a lot of Discipline but I'm willing to try since I've been disciplined enough to quit smoking(after 10pack years) and Alcoholism!
My reasons do not stem from Health alone, but also driven by my desire for Environmental Sustainability and Animals rights!
However, since Vegetarianism is not common in Nigeria, I feel I might get bored along the line since I don't know much foods apart from d normal Cereals & Vegetables!

Could You Help me Recommend a Vegetarian Dietary Schedule Compatible with our Local Foods and also link me to other people who practise Vegetarianism!
I also wonder if the wife I'll marry can cope with it!
Guys, any input would be highly treasured, no matter how small!
Tnx!
Re: Can Someone Successfully Be A Vegetarian In Nigeria? by Jubilee275: 6:47pm On Nov 24, 2013
Trust me I have thought about that too and I also believe you shall be bored and spend alot of money
Re: Can Someone Successfully Be A Vegetarian In Nigeria? by itpossible: 12:05am On Nov 26, 2013
yes it very possible to be a Vegetarian in Nigeria there lot of food options you can eat. The only issue you may face is when you go out, will they cook your food in animal fat??
Re: Can Someone Successfully Be A Vegetarian In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 26, 2013
Vegetarians eat pasta
Beans
Lentille
Rice
Tomato stew
Palm oil stew
Some eat foods prepared with meat and fish but don't eat the protein itself
Plantain and vegetable
All kinds of soup

Pls don't try fresh salads in Naija before you become sick
Cook all your vegetables before eating
Re: Can Someone Successfully Be A Vegetarian In Nigeria? by IdomaLikita: 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2013
Chillisauce: Vegetarians eat pasta
Beans
Lentille
Rice
Tomato stew
Palm oil stew
Some eat foods prepared with meat and fish but don't eat the protein itself
Plantain and vegetable
All kinds of soup

Pls don't try fresh salads in Naija before you become sick
Cook all your vegetables before eating
God bless you chilliSauce, I appreciate your input! The funny thing is that I hate the 1st 3 items on your menu! Guess I'll force myself to like them! Tnx anyway!
Re: Can Someone Successfully Be A Vegetarian In Nigeria? by IdomaLikita: 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2013
@ jubilee, I don't fear the cost implications, and I'm willing to see how far I can go b4 I get bored!

@ itpossible, I'll make do with Fruits wen I eat out! But u have a point sha!

(1) (Reply)

Must We Buy Bread Wen We Travel? / Blog On Various Indigenous Spices And Herbs In Nigeria. A Lesson For Bloggers / Will You Ever Eat This Food ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.