Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property (29328 Views)

Nigerians Want Eaglets Rewarded With Cash / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Polio: 2:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
braine: I personally don't like the idea• They played as Nigerians and not as Imo people• Besides they didn't win the cup or score those goals alone• They should all be rewarded as a team•

You dont make sense at all.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by FilesUpdator(f): 2:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
Casted!
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by 9jahubcom(m): 2:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
Good
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by nerodenero: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
Threads like this always end in ethnic bashing. Wish Okorocha had taken a cue from Chief Servant,rewarding all instead of selecting.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by ALEXIS0240: 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
sunnydayasaba:

Get ur fact correctly, Delta state government rewarded all the players and coaches but gave more to Keshi and Echiejile, But in this case, Imo govt only rewarded their indigenes alone which is wrong. I personally dnt even support state government rewarding this players wit state funds since football is sponsored by the Fed govt, let them leave it to the Fed govt and use our state funds for every citizen instead of forming Fake Father Christmas with state funds.
enemies,you go tell us if na your father money..you cant tell a man how to spend his money.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Oludrex(m): 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
Anything for Alampasu, Yahaya and skipper Musa Mohammed and Iheanacho??
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Bilabong(m): 2:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
After them go say "say no to triballism"...
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Psychedelia(m): 2:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
Oludrex: Anything for Alampasu, Yahaya and skipper Musa Mohammed and Iheanacho??

Iheanacho is from Imo State. He was rewarded.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Chimzy2(m): 2:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
No comment!!!...I think I just did
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by s3nn2x(m): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
That is a wrong precedence to set. Although, it is good to encourage the players, but it is not ideal to set them apart from the rest of the team.

Don't forget that the Niger State governor rewarded the whole team, coaching crew and the accompanying NFF officials.

I am totally against this act of tribalism.

One for all and all for one!
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by ebukaeze00(m): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
braine: I personally don't like the idea• They played as Nigerians and not as Imo people• Besides they didn't win the cup or score those goals alone• They should all be rewarded as a team•

You dont like the idea because your brother is not amongst the four players.... Rochas has done well and its a good one, the president rewarded them as #teamNigeria Rochas rewarded them as imo state representative or do you expect him to give a Kaduna boy land in imo state Youre funny o

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by moodswing(m): 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2013
I hope Mr. Rochas won't ask them for an upfront fee of 500K for the processing of their reward.

When you talk of 419, talk Rochas. He has no limit, as his conscience won't let him doll out 5m just because people from his state won an "ordinary" football competition. He would rather lend them the money on interest basis.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by McCenty(m): 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2013
As an imolite its not a good idea
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by olysa12: 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
I agree with You. It was a collective achievement and so all the player should have been rewarded by the governor.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by lovat(m): 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
If you are an Eaglet player from Anambra state don't go near Peter Obi because he ll extoll you guys to high heavens then he will make you Children Ambassadors, As. For money Who dash monkey banana
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by gretafutor: 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
[quote
author=braine]I personally don't like the idea• They played as
Nigerians and not as Imo people• Besides they didn't win the cup or
score those goals alone• They should all be rewarded as a team•[/quote]

Since when has individual recognition become a crime,y must we try 2 tribalise everytin?
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by aieromon(m): 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
I think the local government chairmen should also emulate their governor.

#misplaced_priority angry angry
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by opylas(m): 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
Polio:

& u make sense??
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by MrAboki: 2:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hmmmmm!!
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by opylas(m): 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
gretafutor:

Since when has individual recognition become a crime,y must we try 2 tribalise everytin?
Individual recognition? cos dey played & scored alone, ryt? U dnt evn knw wat u're saying, u supporting it makes u d tribalist here.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by adaptor4all: 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
I don't need a prophet to tell me that Rochas is fast digging an endless pit in which he will end up in as an unpitied sacrifice in a calamitous struggle..this is nepotism at its height. How can we move forward as a country when we have Religion and Ethnicity as our major problems staring @ us,only for our leaders to b @ the fore-front of these shortcomings..I weep in advance n will shed no tear when d time comes..Future leaders beware.For it is wise to learn from our mistakes,but wiser to learn from those of others..I rest my case
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by braine(m): 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2013
Polio:

Let me hear your opinion that makes sense•
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by opylas(m): 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
ebukaeze00:

You dont like the idea because your brother is not amongst the four players.... Rochas has done well and its a good one, the president rewarded them as #teamNigeria Rochas rewarded them as imo state representative or do you expect him to give a Kaduna boy land in imo state Youre funny o
Wt ppl like u around, I fear for d future of Nigeria. God help u, bruh
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by millionaireman: 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
Good gesture by Gov Okorocha. But Gov. Okorocha, please restore the multimillion Naira Sam Okwaraji stadium, Orlu, now being completely dismantled under your administration, or build a new one , as you promisd before 2015. All the players now being rewarded could not have risen to fame by practising in the stadium in the state capital alone. The Sam Okwaraji Stadium hosted both international and state football events before it started being dismantled when Okorocha became governor. The youths that used the stadium are now very angry. Governor, please listen to the youths outcry against the way they have since been left with no practising ground since you came to office. One city state does no Imolite any good.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by bobokelly(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
This is a very wrong ideal,tomorrow you will tell me we are one nigeria, those four boys did not play for Imo State, but Nigeria, as a googd leader he suppose to host all the team, this tribalistic act.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Arysexy(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
See what APC has done to Rochas! The Rochas i know before was training hausa and yoruba kids thru his Rochas foundation. Now APC has turned him to a tribalist

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by cuntento(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
instead of criticizing ,advice ur governor to emulate the magnificient work rochas has done

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Kingspin(m): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
sunnydayasaba: This has always been d problem wit Nigerian leaders, now its abt the indigene of ur state and not the entire team. Tomorrow u preach team work, why not honour the whole team irrespective of their state of origin, Its a team play not an individual effort....Na wa for this governor.
There is nothing i would not hear on NL.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by opylas(m): 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
cuntento: instead of criticizing ,advice ur governor to emulate the magnificient work rochas has done
Magnificient?? lolzz.. u knw, always try to use words u knw dia meanings
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by cachal: 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
Tribalism.... good attempt in a bad manner..
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
Let's hope it wont end like1994 Super Eagles sqad. Oliha, Okafor and Yekini died without getting award/reward.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by lastmessenger: 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
And they keep shouting one Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Full List Of The 24 Countries That Qualified For 2023 AFCON / Super Eagles Players Donate N1m To Akpeyi, Echiejile Weddings / Alex Iwobi, His Sister And Parents In Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.