Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property (29329 Views)

Nigerians Want Eaglets Rewarded With Cash / African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Polio: 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
opylas:
& u make sense??

Raaasclart dont poke your nose into the post i didnt direct at you! #Dunce
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Polio: 3:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
braine:

Let me hear your opinion that makes sense•

From time immemorial.. It is the norm for people who rep the country well in the areas of sports to be collectively rewarded at federal level

At state level, it is the discretion of the state government to reward indigenes or reward everyone collectively

I dont think you or anyone should be crying foul if the Governor decides to reward the indigenes of his state especially after a federal and nationwide reward has been delivered.

It is an extra thank you for making their state proud, it is not a big deal

Also, the other victorious party are not crying foul so why are you guys bothered?!

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by MrAboki: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
This fat fuc|ker has started again...

1. Those boys played as a Team not as Imo State Indegenes.. So if money must be given to one, then it should be given to all.

2. Is this money coming out of his pocket or out of Imo State coffers.. If its the latter, who sanctioned such expense?!

And this person wants to be President!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by AreaFada2: 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
luvable sam: When would trabalism ever stop in Nigeria? Gestures such as this are a common place in Nigeria....
Mr A n B gets a job done, Mr B gets the credit cos he is from a certain area....

Uche was born in Lagos n yet he wudnt be given admission into LASU cos he isn't an 'indigine'

Osas grewup in minna buh he wud neva be employed into the Niger State civil service cos they don't c him as one of them..

When we will stop all this nonsense in Naija??

You want the truth?

It will stop when we're ready to move forward.

For now we're still in Egypt. No Moses to lead into 40 years in the wilderness in sight yet.

Not to mention Joshua to lead us out of wilderness.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
just showing off ez moni!!!
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Polio: 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
Iceberyln: just showing off ez moni!!!

If you meant 'his', then you are wrong.. You dont know whether it is his money or not.

I hope it is his money, his hard earned money .... Because if it is not, then things has to be consistent across all board, there are loads of people still suffering and infrastructural development is poor throughout the state, there are priorities.

Nigerian leaders must start prioritising issues.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by wengerjay(m): 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
collynzo2: Ondo state government also rewarded Oboabona specially after the AFCON victory, I didn't see anyone cry because of that. It is not like Okorocha filtered out all the Igbo players and rewarded them, he only rewarded those from his state. You don't have to read tribalism into everything, only a truly tribalistic mind does that.
And Oboabona does not come from Ondo State.It means Mimiko sees/considers himself as a Nigerian first before seeeing himself as a Yoruba man.This is a laudable effort.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
Whats the Big deal if their State wants to honor them individually? The Federal Govt has already honored them as a group. After all, the rest of the team members come from other states, why dont their home governments celebrate them? Besides, imagine how much of the people's money would have gone to each team member just for kicking balls into nets. Anybody thats upset should start collecting signatures for a petition to force their State Governor to host the victorious Nigerian soccer team and can go ahead and deplete their own treasury if they deem fit.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by sweetstjoy(f): 3:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
braine: I personally don't like the idea• They played as Nigerians and not as Imo people• Besides they didn't win the cup or score those goals alone• They should all be rewarded as a team•
OYO
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
berem: What's the fuss about this? Is Rochas the first governor to reward indigent players? Jonathan rewarded them as a team. Rochas decides to honour the Imolites amongst them and some people are angry and saying its tribalism? I bet you that if another state governor did what Rochas did,some of you hypocrites would have been calling for Rochas's head and saying he can't do the same. Abeg make una free my governor joor! Nonsense! angry angry

At least, I agree with u on this one
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Ranchhoddas: 3:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
greatest man:

guy u are on every thread on nairaland when are u celebrating ur 1000000 post on nairaland personally i will buy gift for u
lwkm
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by MrAboki: 3:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
ngozievergreen:

At least, I agree with u on this one

Berem can never see anything wrong in Rochas..

Thats how she keeps telling him that he is not over weight and that his 10 tonne wife has the shape of a model... grin
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
Mr Aboki: This fat fuc|ker has started again...

1. Those boys played as a Team not as Imo State Indegenes.. So if money must be given to one, then it should be given to all.

2. Is this money coming out of his pocket or out of Imo State coffers.. If its the latter, who sanctioned such expense?!

And this person wants to be President!

So if he had used the state money to pay all the eaglets, u wouldn't have raised all these questions abi?

What is wrong with everybody this afternoon?
the very one thing am commending abt rochas, most of u are condemning.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by braine(m): 3:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
Polio:

From time immemorial.. It is the norm for people who rep the country well in the areas of sports to be collectively rewarded at federal level

At state level, it is the discretion of the state government to reward indigenes or reward everyone collectively

I dont think you or anyone should be crying foul if the Governor decides to reward the indigenes of his state especially after a federal and nationwide reward has been delivered.

It is an extra thank you for making their state proud, it is not a big deal

Also, the other victorious party are not crying foul so why are you guys bothered?!

How would you feel if you were among the players who won the cup and only four of your team mates were reworded in their state?? In asmuch as it is not a bad idea to reward Imo indigines, but others should be recognized too•
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Lucasbalo(m): 4:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
braine: I personally don't like the idea• They played as Nigerians and not as Imo people• Besides they didn't win the cup or score those goals alone• They should all be rewarded as a team•
Ditto.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Pontaboki: 4:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
My broda,you are actually living in Owerri.This man is a super rogue!!!
Psychedelia: Rochas is a dunce.

An opportunist dunce desperate to identify with success he made no contribution to.

Owerri's Heartland FC and Enugu's Rangers FC are the ONLY Nigerian teams to have never tasted relegation ever since they came into existence; but this year, the beloved Heartland FC was THIS CLOSE to tasting that relegation all because of government neglect and Okorocha's refusal to pay the players and the technical crew their salaries.
These people had to march all the way from their home stadium to the Government House, protesting the injustice.

But here he is today, doling out money to the SUper Eagles players who made it, all for the sake of publicity.

Everything about this man is a scam, from his Free Education charade (which he uses the money meant to be paid to the doctors at the state teaching hospital to finance) to his fake road construction projects handled by dubious, nameless firms (which are actually secretly owned by the criminal Rochas himself).

What a crook.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by JimmyBoy1: 4:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
It is ok for the governor to reward indegenes of imo state, however I found it apalling that the fact governored referred to the fact that 9 out of 26 goals by the eaglets were scored by Imo state indignes. Football is a team sport, and the entire team must have worked together before anybody could score a goal in football match
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by akdjr(m): 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
When the super eagle won the African Cup of Nation Mike Adenuga reward them as a team without giving only to the yoruba's inside, also Dangote did same... while bringing tribalism into national team Okorocha. I respect u so much and i will never disrespect u. pls do same to all.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
sentiment and greediness will kill ndigbo. u reward ur indigenes, what about others? aliyu of niger state rewarded all of them.mr okorocha thou hath foolish
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by GentleFrank(m): 4:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
Wow, enough flexing for the boys !
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by sCun: 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
akd jr: When the super eagle won the African Cup of Nation Mike Adenuga reward them as a team without giving only to the yoruba's inside, also Dangote did same... while bringing tribalism into national team Okorocha. I respect u so much and i will never disrespect u. pls do same to all.
Is Dangote a state Governor? Why not use other governors who rewarded super eagles players from their states as example.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by MrAboki: 4:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
ngozievergreen:

So if he had used the state money to pay all the eaglets, u wouldn't have raised all these questions abi?

What is wrong with everybody this afternoon?
the very one thing am commending abt rochas, most of u are condemning.

[b]It would still be a problem..

The Nigerian Governors have all turned to Donatus. They disburse state funds as if its theirs to spend as they like.

YEAH!! Its okay for Okorocha to take state funds and dash footballers.. But Stella Oduah takes Ministry funds and buys bulletproof car for the Ministry and you scream blue murder.

How many times do you see American governors and Presidents sharing state funds with reckless abandon?! If Okorocha goes to Church, he dashes the Church a bus and some millions, all from state coffers.. Time to fix roads, Okorocha has no money.. He has to go borrow. Odili in Rivers State shared so many busses to groups and praise singers that came to the Government house for free. All state money.

Its bloody wrong!! It may seem okay to you now, but such habits have to stop!

State money is for all... Expenses must be planned for and monies used properly for the state..

If you see no problems with this, then you should not see a problem with Stell Oduah buying Beemers with Ministry money!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Polio: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2013
braine:

How would you feel if you were among the players who won the cup and only four of your team mates were reworded in their state?? In asmuch as it is not a bad idea to reward Imo indigines, but others should be recognized too•

It is a state matter, i might not feel cool if my state remains silent but at the end of the day, i am happy to have been rewarded at the federal level.. that is enough.
It shouldnt cause any uproar, the kids understand the deal, it is Nigeria, sh...it will continue, as it hasnt just started, its been like that for ages.. No consistency!

My only problem is that if the reward has not been budgeted for and other pressing issues are put on the back burner to allow for it, then i think the that is totally unacceptable.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Ammanda(f): 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
bad belle people haba!
So rochas should have call all the eaglets and dashed each a plot of land in owerri abi? Nonsense oooo see if e pen u well well go jam wet transformer. So it's time like this we realize we are all one and shouldn't go back to your various states? Nonsenses again. Abeg they have finished their match as a team so each to his tent o eaglets.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by braine(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
Polio:

It is a state matter, i might not feel cool if my state remains silent but at the end of the day, i am happy to have been rewarded at the federal level.. that is enough.
It shouldnt cause any uproar, the kids understand the deal, it is Nigeria, sh...it will continue, as it hasnt just started, its been like that for ages.. No consistency!

My only problem is that if the reward has not been budgeted for and other pressing issues are put on the back burner to allow for it, then i think the that is totally unacceptable.

Well, that's what you think• But looking at the comments here, it seems most people don't really support the gesture• What ever, anyway.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Munzakah(m): 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2013
Rochas is encouraging tribalism and sectionalism. Rochas should know that football is all about team work. these players are from his state but they might be borne and brought up in another state, of which i believe this is his first contact with them as a result of their success in UAE. He should close his eyes in shame. Niger state gov did it for the entire team and coaches. May god save NIGERIA from these kind leaders.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Chamackh(m): 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2013
akd jr: When the super eagle won the African Cup of Nation Mike Adenuga reward them as a team without giving only to the yoruba's inside, also Dangote did same... while bringing tribalism into national team Okorocha. I respect u so much and i will never disrespect u. pls do same to all.
Lolz, yet to see a public officer in Nigeria who has giving to the society more than what Rochas has given, Rochas is not tribal, if he is ,he wouldn't have open Rochas foundation collage at kano, jos, ibadan, owerri and ogboko his home town freely. All this accusation of being tribal shouldn't have come into place.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by zaragoza(m): 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
this can just be summarized as thus; 'u can't please all the people all the time '
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Johnsinia(m): 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
Am nt surprise, APC is a tribalistic party.
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by morganskillz(m): 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2013
grin
greatest man:

guy u are on every thread on nairaland when are u celebrating ur 1000000 post on nairaland personally i will buy gift for u
you ,wat r u doin on every thread to kip noticing dat dude? Na where he see u,u see him, chikena grin[quote author=greatest man]
Re: Okorocha Rewards Four Imo-born Eaglets With Cash And Property by Kc3000: 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
All these disingenuously enraged "patriots" screaming tribalism, please be reminded that Rochas did not reward all the Igbo players on the team, he showed some love to the boys from Imo state in his capacity as the governor of the state. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Actually, only the depressed and the cynic would find fault with such a well-disposed gesture.
This is common practice not only in Nigeria, but the world over. After the last Olympics, Michael Phelps and 8 other athletes from Maryland were honored by the state government. Maybe their Igbotic governor in Maryland should have invited the entire U.S olympic contingent to be honored by the state of Maryland. In saner climes, people cheer such developments, but in the upended pattern of typical Nigerian reasoning, some people have mischievously introduced a negative spin to a good story.
The only potential issue here is if the good people of Imo state approve of Rochas' use of state funds in such manner. To the extent of my knowledge, I haven't heard any complaints from them on this issue.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Full List Of The 24 Countries That Qualified For 2023 AFCON / Super Eagles Players Donate N1m To Akpeyi, Echiejile Weddings / Alex Iwobi, His Sister And Parents In Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.