Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Closed For Repairs - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Closed For Repairs (856 Views)

Car Bursts Into Flames On 3rd Mainland Bridge (photo) / See What A Man Was Spotted Doing On Third Mainland Bridge This Morning(pic) / Ever Wished To Take A Nap On 3rd Mainland Bridge? This Man Did! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Closed For Repairs by abasifo(m): 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2008
Fresh from the papers this morning.
It is announced that Third Mainland Bridge will be closed for repairs for 2 month starting this Friday,
I can only begin to imagine the chaos that this will create Embarrassed Embarrassed
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Closed For Repairs by abasifo(m): 1:59pm On Jul 16, 2008
The Federal Ministry of Transportation has advised that, commencing
at midnight on Friday July 18th, the Third Mainland Bridge will be
subject to partial closure so that vital repair work can be initiated.

Effectively, what this means is that INWARD traffic from Oworonsoki
to Lagos will flow between MIDNIGHT and ELEVEN AM. Road will then
be closed.

At MID-DAY the road will be opened for OUTWARD traffic from Lagos
until ELEVEN PM when road will be closed.

Traffic from EBUTE METTA to Lagos using Third Mainland Bridge is STOPPED
throughout time of repairs.

Traffic to and from Oworonsoki to EBUTE METTA will be permitted.

The road restrictions are expected to be in place until end September
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Closed For Repairs by tollu: 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2008
Chaos from traffic is way way better that chaos from a collapsed bridge - heavily utilised bridge like third mainland for that matter. That it hasnt collapsed till now is major luck.
We'll all get used to it after a few weeks.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Closed For Repairs by Necorios(m): 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2008
@tollu i'm wit u.bt dat 2month myt turn to 10mnths cos dis is naija wher period is abt africn timin.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Closed For Repairs by tollu: 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2008
Everyone knows it's going to take much longer than two months, so the sooner we adapt, the better.
E be like say I go pack my load go VGC sef
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Closed For Repairs by Necorios(m): 1:51am On Jul 17, 2008
Serve ursef bro!
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Closed For Repairs by babyx(f): 10:54am On Jul 17, 2008
The maintainance work on the 3rd mainland bridge is long over due, the structure is 18years old!!

I cant imagine the traffic chaos on the alternative routes.!! i suppose employers will hv to get used to the idea of their staffs who dont live on the Island coming to work late everyday till whenever the 3rd mainland is open for use again. I sincerely pray for the maintanance work not to exceed 2months, oh people pray pls pray. sad sad cry
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Closed For Repairs by olabello(m): 11:06am On Jul 17, 2008
Hello ALL,

I think that bridge is long over due for maintenance. When you walk on the bridge, you notice the vibration when cars especially molue passes the read.
At the jointed places on the bridge, when cars pass, its like the bridge is going to collapse.

My hope is that they will keep to their 2 months and people will adjust. Because, even with the bridge not closed, you see hold up daily when going to the highland, not to talk of the final closure now.

God will help us o!

HELLO ALL

CARE FOR FREE CERTIFICATION?
READ THIS, ITS HOT & SIZZLING,

HELLO ALL,

Would like to share this revolution that has been going on online for a couple of years. Its a long concealed secret and NOW I would like to reveal it only to NAIRALANDERS.
I TRIED IT AND IT WORKED FOR ME!!!

Its a FREE Certification online. All you need do is register online through the website and take online courses that trains on topic ranging from management to IT courses. Examples of courses that I now have their certificates are:
>Building Web Applications with PHP/MySQL
>Troubleshooting your PC
>LINUX 101
>Using Microsoft Excel
>How to build your first website

There are several courses online (updated regularly) on Business, Marketing, IT, for anyone who ever cares to access them FREE and the good thing is that, YOU GET A CERTIFICATE AFTER THE COMPLETION OF EACH COURSE, which you will download and print. This is a big BOOST to your CV as employers will never know its FREE and that you took it online.

FREE online courses available 24/7

FELLOW NAIRALANDERS, THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

So that this juicy resource is not under-rated or under-valued, i would not give it out FREE. Though I may later change my mind but for now, it isn't FREE OF CHARGE. REMEMBER, INFORMATION IS POWER!

Now, the only favour I will do to a fellow Nairalander is to subsidize the price for revealing the website and showing the tricks for them to accept your registration. Normally, the website do not accept registration from NIGERIANS, but I will show you how to bypass this.
When you're ready, just contact me and I will send the whole process to you either via EMAIL or SMS as you please.

FOR NOW, IT WILL COST ONLY N3,000 [I MAY CHANGE MY MIND TO EITHER INCREASE OR , ]

If you have this information in your finger tips, you can also sell it for money. Don't give it out FREE so people will really value it!

For those that are interested, don't hesistate to contact me on 08058528185 or email: olabel@gmail.com You can also meet me online Mon - Fri between 9:00AM - 5:00PM for LIVE CHAT via YAHOO MESSANGER through talk2olabel@yahoo.com

GOOD LUCK

To your Success
Bello Ahmed
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Closed For Repairs by Necorios(m): 11:16am On Jul 17, 2008
Nice info! Tenx a bunch. Of course most n.land users wil b interestd bt i tel u their re genius pple on dis land dat wil uncover ur prvate site i'm 1 of 'em so pls jst gve it out 4free remembr owners of nairaland dnt even charge u 4ur advat so i sugest u b nice a litle mre.

(1) (Reply)

What Makes You Laugh? / Intro / T.b Joshua Predicts Victory For Eagles: My Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.