Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

It Is The South That Has A Born To Rule Mentality. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is The South That Has A Born To Rule Mentality. (527 Views)

Igbo (IPOB) Divide And Rule Mentality Is Becoming Annoying to we south south / PHOTO: Who Says Northerners Have Born To Rule Mentality? / Ango Abdullahi's Lies And “born To Rule” Mentality By Remi Oyeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is The South That Has A Born To Rule Mentality. by Donmams(m): 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
The fact is that the born to rule mentality accorded to northerners is nothing but a ruse. If northerners were really hateful of southern rule, i wonder why Abdulsalam Abubakar, in conjunction with IBB, all northerners, decided to hand over power to a southerner. Why is it that most southerners don't ask themselves that question?
The north has over 70% of the country's landmass and over 70% of the country's population. Not forgetting that muslims make up over 80% of the north, i wonder why christians are made to believe muslims hate them when Christians have been elected into positions of authority in muslim dominated states like Taraba and Kaduna as governors. In addition, 1 in every 3 northern states have a christian deputy governor, despite the fact that in all the states where christians are deputy governors, christians do not make up to 30% of the population? GEJ got less than 25% of the votes in only two northern states: Kano and Sokoto. However, in the entire south(SW, SS, SE,) with the exception of Ondo, no northern candidate got up to 10% of the total votes in any southern state. So who is really born to rule? I think the figures speak for themselves.
Re: It Is The South That Has A Born To Rule Mentality. by MeAboki(m): 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
^^^^ You forgot to add, southerners insisted on rotational presidency and geopolitical zoning, thereby distorting the principals of simple democracy, in order to rule by hook or by crook.

They own most of the media, brainwashing their youths into believing their cheap propaganda, its a pity many do not have independent thinking minds.

1 Like

Re: It Is The South That Has A Born To Rule Mentality. by PointB: 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
Reverse engineering at work. You are on a long thing.

Come back in 38 years.
Re: It Is The South That Has A Born To Rule Mentality. by WilyWily2: 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
Donmams: The fact is that the born to rule mentality accorded to northerners is nothing but a ruse. If northerners were really hateful of southern rule, i wonder why Abdulsalam Abubakar, in conjunction with IBB, all northerners, decided to hand over power to a southerner. Why is it that most southerners don't ask themselves that question?
The north has over 70% of the country's landmass and over 70% of the country's population. Not forgetting that muslims make up over 80% of the north, i wonder why christians are made to believe muslims hate them when Christians have been elected into positions of authority in muslim dominated states like Taraba and Kaduna as governors. In addition, 1 in every 3 northern states have a christian deputy governor, despite the fact that in all the states where christians are deputy governors, christians do not make up to 30% of the population? GEJ got less than 25% of the votes in only two northern states: Kano and Sokoto. However, in the entire south(SW, SS, SE,) with the exception of Ondo, no northern candidate got up to 10% of the total votes in any southern state. So who is really born to rule? I think the figures speak for themselves.
Rubbish
Re: It Is The South That Has A Born To Rule Mentality. by vizboy(m): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
so you are trying to say that it was southerners that said if they dont get power back there would bloodshed Right.

Keep deceiving yourself, you are on a long thing
Re: It Is The South That Has A Born To Rule Mentality. by Chessic: 6:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
vizboy: so you are trying to say that it was southerners that said if they dont get power back there would bloodshed Right.

Keep deceiving yourself, you are on a long thing
The OP is right on point my friend. Please tell us who promised to make the country ungovernable should GEJ win elections. Please provide evidence and not useless hearsay.
Re: It Is The South That Has A Born To Rule Mentality. by Chessic: 6:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
WilyWily2:
Rubbish
After quoting the entire article this is all you had to say? As far as i can see the OP is right. However you may wish to provide evidence if you believe otherwise.

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Church Abandons Peter Obi. / Anambra Election: SSS Detains El Rufai At Awka / Why Yar' Adua Was Poisoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.