Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

One Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Nigeria! (491 Views)

My Biafra Nigerian Dream, why I'm one Nigeria now. / Another Proof That "ONE" Nigeria Is A Big Fraud: Judge For Your Self! / Return Jonathan Or Forget One Nigeria – Ijaw People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Nigeria! by fowowe411: 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
Looking at the present situation in the country you will know Nigeria as a country has no hope for posterity.The fact that there is no hope is what prompt me to start this thread fo the wise ones out there to learn!.
If you ask an average Nigerian what Nigeria's major problem is,He/she will tell you it is corruption but am here to tell that corruption is only an immediate problem and that the remote problem is secularisation.Nigeria as a country is secularised into major blocks which may and may not go together.
The first and stronger of the two block is tribal secularization.If you take a look at all the major issues in the polity you will agree with me that almost if not all lies with this block.For example if EFCC arrest the governor of my state which Dr.Olusegun mimiko for gross misconducts and mis-management of public funds,it is a known fact that the Yorubas from south-western part of the country will take up the case as a political tussle intentionally meant to hunt down the yourubas rather than to face the reality that the man has really commited the offence he is being charged with.It should be noted that this mentality or line of thinking is the same allover Nigeria and that I only used my home state as a case study.
Infact the case is worst in some part of the country no area is excluded.my distress here is not just because of the mentality but it major effect.An average Nigeria politician knows this as an advantage that Nigerians are dumb(in Amaechi's voice) and that should he mismanage funds he will still be free on the long run.This tribal sentiments is not unknown to us infact we have it here(nairaland) more than we do in the outside world.imagine someone ranting that the alleged sex video of chidinma ekile is a result of tribal sentiment and I was is she the first celebrity in Nigeria to be alleged with suchV
The second block is religion.Nigeria as a country hardly takes any decision without addressing religion(both christianity and Islam).Infact that's the major yardstick for political post in some parts of the country which should not be so.The effect of religion on Nigeria is rather damaging rather than having any positive effect.I wil not lie I once had that mentality too to the extent that whenever I hear the FG announce any political appointee,the first thing I will listen to is name to know the person's religion.If it happens to be opposite religion I will just hiss.this is just to illustrate the extent of damage that religion polarisation had and is still doing.

If you take a look at the small examples and illustration which I have given you will unarguably agree with me that our major problem in this country is secularisation,Though a lot of people out there has given up hope that this country can survive but I still strongly believe that if we address the things that unites us and downplay our diffrences which is one o the major ethic of federalism we can still make this place a better place for us all.

Until when we all stand up to this challenge, I must confess I don't see us moving.

#OneNigeria!

(1) (Reply)

NEC Meeting To Hold Tommorow / SHOCKING: Boko Haram ‘shoots Man In The Head For Refusing To Deny Christ’ / What Nigeria Becoming Africa's Biggest Economy Really Means

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.