Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta (1849 Views)

Finally, Jonathan Declares Interest In 2015 Election / BREAKING: GEJ Finally Declares Interest In 2015 Election / Governor Okorocha Declares Interest To Run For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by twosquare(m): 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
The United States has declared her interests in
the Niger Delta region ahead of the 2015 general
elections.
A statement issued by Mr. Daniel Iworiso-
Markson, the Chief Press Secretary to Bayelsa
State Governor, said the US Consular-General,
Mr. Jeffrey Hawkins, spoke in Yenagoa, the state
capital.
Hawkins insisted that America had rekindled
interest in the oil-rich region ahead of the 2015
elections.
He described the region as the economic nerve
centre of the country and said his country would
focus more on Niger Delta than other parts of the
country.
Hawkins was said to be in the state for a one-
day official visit.
He begged Dickson for his assistance in realising
America’s interests in the region.
He said: “As we move closer to the big show in
2015 i.e. the general election, we definitely want
to be in touch with you. The United States is
really focusing on the Niger Delta again in a lot
of ways that will be very positive.
“I really want to get your advice on our
engagements in the Niger Delta on our efforts to
support what government is doing.
“We are very interested in supporting a dialogue
between the people of this region who are so
important for the future of this country and the
leadership of the region.”
In his remarks, Dickson said his administration
was prepared to partner with the U.S in the
areas of security, environment and other issues
militating against the development of the state.
He lauded America’s efforts in re-establishing
and deepening its bilateral relationship with
Nigeria.

[url][/url] http://thenationonlineng.net/new/2015-u-s-declares-interest-niger-delta/

1 Like

Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by whirlwind7(m): 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
Americans and their bullsh#t. If it were possible, they would have long carved out and claimed the Niger delta. The really dont care if Naija self destructs by 2015, as long as they can have access to the oil.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by FilesUpdator(f): 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2013
Casted!
Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by oluwashaddow(m): 10:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
America only has a permanent interest and no permanent friend,dey are already preparing for d breakup of Nigeria,n dey knw d niger delta has wat it needs
Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by Nsonso: 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
If this is part of the plan to disintegrate Nigeria, so be it.

1 Like

Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by EngrH: 10:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
Onye ji ugwu ka ewu n' eso. Send in the troops to secure the oil facilities. The north will definitely attack the SS but will be surely defeated. Very soon american bombs will start falling on the north.

1 Like

Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by IGBOSON1: 12:08am On Nov 15, 2013
whirlwind7: Americans and their bullsh#t. If it were possible, they would have long carved out and claimed the Niger delta. The really dont care if Naija self destructs by 2015, as long as they can have access to the oil.

^^^And would the Niger Deltans be any worse off than they already are, given what they've gone through since the past 40+ years? If you think i'm joking, you can ask Ken Saro Wiwa, Adaka Boro, and the good people of Odi, Ogoni, Oloibiri and other oyel bearing communities that have nothing -in comparison to what the likes of the UAE and Kuwait have- to show for decades of oyel exploration and exploitation! Common PIB bill is proving to be a herculean battle to pass!

If the Niger Delta have the chance to become the 52nd state of the United States of America, i won't stop them!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by Wsdm: 6:51am On Nov 15, 2013
oluwashaddow: America only has a permanent interest and no permanent friend,dey are already preparing for d breakup of Nigeria,n dey knw d niger delta has wat it needs
Could this be the hidden discussion Jonathan had with Obama during his last visit to the later? All i know is that Jonathan is a sessessionist. So, i am not surprise.
Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by PointB: 7:38am On Nov 15, 2013
Lofty. I will host the U S in my house, if only that helps speed up the process.
Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 15, 2013
twosquare:
elections.
capital.
elections.
country.
day official visit.
Nigeria.

[url][/url] http://thenationonlineng.net/new/2015-u-s-declares-interest-niger-delta/

To me very good news. America should be there for the Niger Delta. The wolves who believe they own Nigeria will go to any length to if GEJ wins the next presidential election. And if GEJ loses they will also go to any length to keep Niger Delta if the Niger Deltans decide they are done with Nigeria; and I will lend my support to their bid.
Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by Brimmie(m): 9:36am On Nov 15, 2013
Ok
Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by Kponkwem(m): 10:12am On Nov 15, 2013
The British blocked American source of first hand information during the 30 months oil-induced civil war in Nigeria. Had America been fully briefed, their intervention could have secured Biafra and oil wealth used to build a smaller land territory comprising the present SE,SS and parts of midwest. Now the resources from that same small territory is being used for sustaining bureacracy and development of huge landmass far removed, thousands of kilometres apart with unproductive and unwieldy diverse populations.

Now that the ND has wisened to reality, I wish they could secure their area as a seperate entity. Environmental remediation, land reclamation, top rail and roads and flyovers linking cities on and offshore are my dream for the niger delta.

As for the SE, accelerated Singapore-type industrial development awaits their even smaller territory, compact, contigous, consanguine geography, more manageable and homogenous peoples will help deepen cultural development. It won't take long to develop all of SE with more selfless leadership and prudent management of its commercial tax, oil, coal, cocoa, rice and cassava based economy.

Welcome America!

2 Likes

Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 12, 2014
Interesting!
The Americans are preparing the ground for the natural resource-rich regions they can exploit when they decide to break up Nigeria.

since they poisoned Abacha there is no other strong African leader that could protect Africa from these imperialist.

Lets hope Buhari gains power somehow before the evil USA plans could be implemented.
twosquare:

elections.
capital.
elections.
country.
day official visit.
Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by tit(f): 2:43am On Nov 12, 2014
the north is far richer than the Niger Delta in natural resources.
Niger delta only has crude and palm oil.
North has gold, diamond, crude oil, shale, coal, tin, bauxite, columbite, uranium, titanium, etc. etc.
America is playing a fast one on you. Their real target is the resource rich-land of the middle-belt.
They will pretend they are helping secure the Niger Delta, and allow the Fulani headsmen to wipe out the middle-belt.
Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by musiwa95: 2:48am On Nov 12, 2014
Niger delta. = bayelsa state.. Bayelsa state is what is call Niger delta.

The reason river state people reject Jonathan is that Jonathan is calling them Niger delta or south south. That word basically is like calling oso Igbo or bastard.

Nobody want to be call bastard. So calling the others south south or niger delta is an insult to them. They don't like it.

Majority of delta state are of itsekiri origin.. From Yoruba's. It is like calling people bastard . many people in Edo and delta see the word south south or Niger delta as insult or calling them bastard.

Basically when Jonathan calls the people of rivers Niger delta or south south. They hate it. Because he is calling them oso Igbo or bastard
Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by Horus(m): 3:00am On Nov 12, 2014
Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by mekd: 4:35am On Nov 12, 2014
Every evil plan of USA against NIGERIA will not stand in Jesus name AMEN
Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 12, 2014

i.e. the general election, we definitely want

The big show!!!!'
hahahahahahaha!

Biafrans leave the North while you can!
The BIG SHOW is very close oooooooo!
Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by Dereformer(m): 5:22am On Nov 12, 2014
tit:
the north is far richer than the Niger Delta in natural resources.
Niger delta only has crude and palm oil.
North has gold, diamond, crude oil, shale, coal, tin, bauxite, columbite, uranium, titanium, etc. etc.
America is playing a fast one on you. Their real target is the resource rich-land of the middle-belt.
They will pretend they are helping secure the Niger Delta, and allow the Fulani headsmen to wipe out the middle-belt.

we are better in their hand than in the hands of Islamic terrorists.

The North is parasitic. Why?
Re: 2015: U.S Declares Interest In Niger delta by Dereformer(m): 5:25am On Nov 12, 2014
Horus:

Your prayer will not be answered. Thus said the Lord of Host pharoah let my people go.

The storm is gathering, Islamic and terrorist north prepare for the plague.

(1) (Reply)

The New Abia State / Reps Begin Move To Impeach Ihedioha / Buhari's Certificate Is Fake (opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.