Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? (2240 Views)

Cargo Cults Deserve More Love / Does God Favor Some People Over Others? / How Does God Talk to People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by gabriellle: 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2008
When it comes to giving to God, most of us believe that God should understand! While we cannot knowing give a friend we intend to assist financially 20 naira, at the end of a week, 7 days, our thanksgiving to God, is 20 naira carelessly dropped in the offertory basket! I have to confess it was my younger brother who challenged me bout a year ago to give more. If we give 5 naira a day, which in itself is pitiful, we would not come up to 20 bucks at the end of the week. So I ask you today, as another sunday draws near, will it still be 20 naira or less?!!
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by MALAMA(f): 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2008
Does God come down from Heaven to take the money in the offertory?
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by MALAMA(f): 11:08pm On Jul 16, 2008
All the money in this world isn't enough to thank God with.Remember that He owns both the silver and the gold.What is important is that u give with a cheerful heart,appreciating Him and not grudgingly.The state of ur heart is what He looks at not your 20 Naira or 2 million Naira.
Giving to God does not begin and end in the church,it encompasses those around u who are in need,for He has rightly said that giving to the poor is lending to Him.In the same vein,giving to those in need should be done cheerfully and not grudgingly wink .
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by JeSoul(f): 12:40am On Jul 17, 2008
my dear sista, giving more to God is all good BUT God does not care about how much you give to Him, He cares about the heart and spirit and attitude with which you give to Him. Be it 5, 500 or 5mill, makes no difference, but whether you gave it joyfully and gratefully and lovingly is what He's looking for from us.
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by lucabrasi(m): 1:35am On Jul 17, 2008
MALAMA:

All the money in this world isn't enough to thank God with.Remember that He owns both the silver and the gold.What is important is that u give with a cheerful heart,appreciating Him and not grudgingly.The state of your heart is what He looks at not your 20 Naira or 2 million Naira.
Giving to God does not begin and end in the church,it encompasses those around u who are in need,for He has rightly said that giving to the poor is lending to Him.In the same vein,giving to those in need should be done cheerfully and not grudgingly wink .
spot on
JeSoul:

my dear sista, giving more to God is all good BUT God does not care about how much you give to Him, He cares about the heart and spirit and attitude with which you give to Him. Be it 5, 500 or 5mill, makes no difference, but whether you gave it joyfully and gratefully and lovingly is what He's looking for from us.
and thats the beginning and the end of the discussion
@poster
i was going to post my comment but these two sisters have said it all,personally i make offerings depending on what i can afford and my mood because like its said in these comments above its really importsnt to give with a cheerful heart or your offering will not be acceptable
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by IloveGod1: 4:26am On Jul 18, 2008
The money in the offering plate shows God that you are not a slave to money. That money does not control you and that God comes before money, regardless of how far. (Unless they are real close, then you need to think, which will last longer? Definetly God over anything)
That money goes to missionaries to help them witness.
To witness to the ends of the Earth as/HOW God commanded them to.
So yes, putting money in the offering plate is good,
but only if you mean it within your heart to give.
Not because of a challenge or a dare, because your feel obligated or guilty if you don't.

Putting money in the offering plate is a guilt remover or a way to prove something to someone, it's not only a sign of respect to God, but it help's people fulfill what God has planned for their lives.

And if you do put money in the offering plate for the wrong reasons (ex. guilt remover, obligation, dare, joke), then you might as well not put it in there at all.

God gave us a lot,

so why can't we give him our best?

Because God's littlest attribute is more than the world's largest tribute's put together.
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by pilgrim1(f): 2:18pm On Oct 12, 2008
Interesting comments and quite helpful. In addition to ‘how much’ and the ‘heart intentions’, it goes a long way that we actually give - because God doesn’t want us to take this ministry for granted.

Some are of the idea that it ‘doesn’t matter’ whether we give or not. That should not even be a question at all. To God’s heart, it matters both that we give, how much we give and what the heart’s intentions are about when we give.

With an attitude of gratitude, we give. How much? As much as we value Who God is, and what He has done for us when He gave the greatest Gift – His Son. Does it matter whether we give or not? Perhaps the question is best answered by the believer who should ponder about whether it matters that God has been good to him/her.

True, N20 could be used for so many things – a careless spending on a snack or bottle of drink we don’t even need; or a showoff to someone we have been eyeing to get there attention and affection. And we do these things cheerfully without batting an eyelash. Sunday comes, and the story changes – we rumple the note, look over our shoulders and toss it into the plate and breathe easy now with a sigh of releaf. . . till next Sunday. When was the last time I challenged myself to actually give beyond my ability (2 Cor. 8:3-4)? Could I follow the examples of those who addicted themselves to the help of others (1 Cor. 16:15)?

My prayer in recent times is that God should help me look beyond my own needs and rejoice in giving beyond my present level and attitude.
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by huxley(m): 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2008
Is this a fair exchange - money for blood of JC? Why would an 3*omni need all this money for? What is all this money used for by the church authorities, besides funding lavish lifestyles. Would be interesting to see what proportions of the monies goes into funding purely humanitarian work, not advertising evangelising and proslytising work.
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by pilgrim1(f): 3:06pm On Oct 12, 2008
@huxley,

I noticed in recent times your entries are simply not seeking to be intelligent but just merely wanting to sound way off rational. Not that I mean that in any derogatory way, but just an observation. I don't remember where anyone made this inference:

huxley:

Is this a fair exchange - money for blood of JC?

Who has been making such an exchange, huxley?
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by huxley(m): 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2008
pilgrim.1:

@huxley,

I noticed in recent times your entries are simply not seeking to be intelligent but just merely wanting to sound way off rational. Not that I mean that in any derogatory way, but just an observation. I don't remember where anyone made this inference:

Who has been making such an exchange, huxley?

pilgrim.1:

With an attitude of gratitude, we give. How much? As much as we value Who God is, and what He has done for us when He gave the greatest Gift – His Son. Does it matter whether we give or not? Perhaps the question is best answered by the believer who should ponder about whether it matters that God has been good to him/her.

Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by pilgrim1(f): 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2008
@huxley,

I'm sure you would not be so presumptious as to be ridiculous at the same time. The parts of my quote in yours was not saying what you said here:
huxley:

Is this a fair exchange - money for blood of JC?

Where did you read about the "exchange" of money for blood?

My post did not read that I was exchanging "money for blood"; and encouraging others to ponder on what God has done for them to stir their heart does not suggest anyone would be so presumptious as to suggest I was asking them to "exchange money for blood".
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by JJYOU: 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2008
pilgrim.1:

@huxley,

I'm sure you would not be so presumptious as to be ridiculous at the same time. The parts of my quote in yours was not saying what you said here:
Where did you read about the "exchange" of money for blood?

My post did not read that I was exchanging "money for blood"; and encouraging others to ponder on what God has done for them to stir their heart does not suggest anyone would be so presumptious as to suggest I was asking them to "exchange money for blood".
pilgrim ignore him. he is already convinced he is so important God and His churh needs his money.
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by ugo2u(m): 6:54pm On Oct 12, 2008
It is not the amount that counts
It is the faith in which it was given that God cares about
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by jennykadri: 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2008
when will pple start ignoring d likes of huxley,wen?

*sighs at d pple replying his posts*
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by DeepZone: 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2008
When it comes to giving to God, most of us believe that God should understand! While we cannot knowing give a friend we intend to assist financially 20 naira, at the end of a week, 7 days, our thanksgiving to God, is 20 naira carelessly dropped in the offertory basket! I have to confess it was my younger brother who challenged me bout a year ago to give more. If we give 5 naira a day, which in itself is pitiful, we would not come up to 20 bucks at the end of the week. So I ask you today, as another sunday draws near, will it still be 20 naira or less?!!
grin grin This is more than a blackmail.
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by huxley(m): 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2008
jennykadri:

when will people start ignoring d likes of huxley,when?

*sighs at d people replying his posts*

Nothing new here.  After they have plagiarised other religions, upon being called to rights, they respond by burying their heads in the sand and shake their smelly arses at their critics in a gesture of defuddled defiance.

So it is not new that they do not take responsibility for the falsehood they peddle.
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by lucabrasi(m): 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2008
its not about how much you give in offering,if you give 5,000 naira every offering without a clean heart then you r just wasting your money, even the poor widow in the bible who gave little was appreciated than others who gave more
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by JJYOU: 9:40pm On Oct 12, 2008
you are not saying poverty and peity are first cousins are they? there are many poor people with bad belle than rich people in my book. i know we are not preaching to the choir here. religion or call it faith as the bible says without works is dead. DEAD. it would be good to let others pay for all you enjoy and use in this kingdom but hey God is using someone somewhere to pay for it. i doubt a any man that say He loves God with his heart but money which his not his in the first place is untouchable by the things of God. get all you can and can all you get mentality.

talk is too cheap. i lived with a guy before who knows upto the index and maps of the bible but his penny never drops. he was older than me but had no qualms me housing and paying his bills. tithing was old testament to him but receiving was his new testament mantra
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2008
Question; 20 Naira or less, Does God deserve more??

My Answer; It dosent matter the amount, the questionis what part did God play in earning you the cash.
Lets say I am a practicing criminal (e.g a Yahoo boy), and one of my Magas pays up, does God deserve a fadden?? Remember that he doent support my business, neither does he promise me anything in return even if I split my cheese in two halfs and give him the larger cut.

Secondly, why give your pastor God any money at all?? He said the earth is his, and all that is in it, which means he owns the money so he really shouldnt be bothered weather I give him or not.

Thirdly, Christians have turned God into like some old school Godfather like mafioso, who comes every sunday to demand protection money. His collection agents then make it look like the more money you give the more protection you get.

Moreover, the amount we put in the tray no matter how small is only part of a drop that makes an ocean. Lets take an example from a church like Redeemed with over 1million members worldwide. Assuming every body puts 20naira every sunday, multiply that by 20, you get 20million every sunday, Isnt that more than enough for the church?? Not forgetting that you are not actually putting 20 naira, cos by the time you count the number of collections in one gathering, added to the merchandise you'll purchase from the church, you find you that you have actually given them over 500naira for no service at all.

Further more, the bible says nothing about the minimum amount allowed, so I might as well give him a coin. It dont matter.

Moreover, Its your money, you can do as you please. it dont matter.
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by ikamefa(f): 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2008
Okija_juju:

Question; 20 Naira or less, Does God deserve more??

My Answer; It dosent matter the amount, the questionis what part did God play in earning you the cash.
Lets say I am a practicing criminal (e.g a Yahoo boy), and one of my Magas pays up, does God deserve a fadden?? Remember that he doent support my business, neither does he promise me anything in return even if I split my cheese in two halfs and give him the larger cut.

Secondly, why give your pastor God any money at all?? He said the earth is his, and all that is in it, which means he owns the money so he really shouldnt be bothered weather I give him or not.

Thirdly, Christians have turned God into like some old school Godfather like mafioso, who comes every sunday to demand protection money. His collection agents then make it look like the more money you give the more protection you get.

Moreover, the amount we put in the tray no matter how small is only part of a drop that makes an ocean. Lets take an example from a church like Redeemed with over 1million members worldwide. Assuming every body puts 20naira every sunday, multiply that by 20, you get 20million every sunday, Isnt that more than enough for the church?? Not forgetting that you are not actually putting 20 naira, because by the time you count the number of collections in one gathering, added to the merchandise you'll purchase from the church, you find you that you have actually given them over 500naira for no service at all.

Further more, the bible says nothing about the minimum amount allowed, so I might as well give him a coin. It don't matter.

Moreover, Its your money, you can do as you please. it don't matter.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked chei! chinekeeeeeeee!
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by sweetthang(f): 12:12am On Oct 14, 2008
God loves a cheerful giver, not someone that gives with reluctance. If that's all you can afford, give it and if you can give more, do not hesitate to. Remember the story of the poor woman who gave so small, yet was said to have given the most because she gave all she had?
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by pilgrim1(f): 8:59am On Oct 14, 2008
Okija_juju:

The first point here is whether you count as one of His worshippers. He's not asking 'Yahoo boys' to give anything if they have not given their hearts to His love in the first place. wink
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by mazaje(m): 9:54am On Oct 14, 2008
why does and all powerfull force/being who all everything need money from his creation? why do people have to offer unto god? is a a mafia cappon? why do people need to sow seeds? but then again god owns all things. he owns all things and needs to be given money to massage his ego. . . . . open your eyes people. . . . . .
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by pilgrim1(f): 10:25am On Oct 14, 2008
mazaje:

why does and all powerfull force/being who all everything need money from his creation? why do people have to offer unto god? is a a mafia cappon? why do people need to sow seeds? but then again god owns all things. he owns all things and needs to be given money to massage his ego. . . . . open your eyes people. . . . . .

@mazaje,

How body?
What's your problem, mazaje? Has He asked you to give Him anything and forced it on you?
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by mazaje(m): 11:54am On Oct 14, 2008
pilgrim.1:

@mazaje,

How body?
What's your problem, mazaje? Has He asked you to give Him anything and forced it on you?

it is writting in the bible, the biblical god said that people rob him when the refuse to pay/give their tithes and offering. why would a god that has and owns everything demand people to offer anything unto him?
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by pilgrim1(f): 12:21pm On Oct 14, 2008
mazaje:

it is writting in the bible, the biblical god said that people rod him when the refuse to pay/give their tithes and offering. why would a god that has and owns everything demand people to offer anything unto him?

I'm still asking you the same question: did He ask YOU to give Him anything and force it on YOU?
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by Moyola(f): 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2008
@ topic

God is very understanding!!

"Give as da Lord haz given 2 yu, hao yu giv showz a reflekshun of yur gratitude"
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by mazaje(m): 9:29am On Oct 15, 2008
pilgrim.1:

I'm still asking you the same question: did He ask YOU to give Him anything and force it on YOU?

the biblical god said people rob him when they refuse to pay/offer things unto him and you are here talking about me. i am talking about his commandments in the bible and the question still remains. . . . why would a god that owns everything depend on people to give/offer things unto him? does that makes sense to you?
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by manmustwac(m): 10:34am On Oct 15, 2008
@pilgrim
please answer mazje's question
@post
Dose God deserve more? Why? What for? The facts are that most people who contribute don't even know where their hard eaned money is going. Is the money going to finance a lavish lifestyle, build more business institutionschurches or into someones bank account. I wouldn't mind contributing with happiness even though am not religious if i knew my money was going to help the genuinely poor and needy
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by Gamine(f): 10:56am On Oct 15, 2008
LOL grin

See what we have turned christianity into.

When they tell people 10%, first fruit n bla bla, dosnt matter

its like you are blaspheming

Anyways, this reminds me, back when we were kids

we used to drop in 5-10 naira, the rich kids dropped in 20

and when we had 20 to drop, we made sure they knew!

then it increased to 30 an then 50

giving 50 Naira meant you are officially a teenager. LOL

kai.

I wonder when God started Collecting Naira.
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by pilgrim1(f): 10:57am On Oct 15, 2008
@mazaje,

mazaje:

the biblical god said people rob him when they refuse to pay/offer things unto him and you are here talking about me. i am talking about his commandments in the bible and the question still remains. . . . why would a god that owns everything depend on people to give/offer things unto him? does that makes sense to you?

I asked you a question which up until now you have refused to answer. Was He asking YOU, mazaje?
Re: 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More? by pilgrim1(f): 10:58am On Oct 15, 2008
manmustwac:

@pilgrim
please answer mazje's question

The moment he gives me an answer, he will read from me. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Testimonies Of 10 Christian Women Who Embraced Islam / Salutations Of God (oriki Olorun) / Job Chapter 1 Vs 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.