Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

FG Bans Civil Servants From Becoming Chiefs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bans Civil Servants From Becoming Chiefs (703 Views)

FG Bans Officials From Flying First-Class / Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FG Bans Civil Servants From Becoming Chiefs by LMAyedun(m): 9:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
The federal government, on Tuesday, banned civil servants from accepting chieftaincy titles.

The announcement is contained in a statement signed by Tope Ajakaiye, Director (Communications), Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation.

He said the ban also included other sundry awards until their retirement or disengagement from the civil service.

“It has come to the notice of government that some civil servants are in the practise of soliciting for chieftaincy titles and sundry awards,” the statement said. “Such act is inimical to the principles of anonymity, integrity and political neutrality which are the core values of the civil service.

Where a civil servant must hold a traditional title, due clearance must be obtained. For such, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, through the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, must approve.”

http://telegraphng.com/2013/11/fg-bans-civil-servants-becoming-chiefs/?

Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Becoming Chiefs by Mynd44: 9:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
I don't get it. Perhaps someone can come show me the merits and demerits
Re: FG Bans Civil Servants From Becoming Chiefs by LMAyedun(m): 9:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hehe!!!
What has been a chief got to do with my job

Our politicians really hates competition.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Rail May Begin Operation In 2014 / Pdp’s Plan To Impeach Me Will Fail –amaechi / BREAKING NEWS: ADEBOLAJO + ADEBOWALE (Soldiers Of Allah)GUILTY of MURDER in UK!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.