Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Webmasters, How Can I Reduce Ad-blindness On My Blog. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters, How Can I Reduce Ad-blindness On My Blog. (735 Views)

Fellow Webmasters, How Do You Charge Clients For Social Media Management? / How Can I Reduce My Data Usage While Browsing? / Webmasters, How Can You Cash Your Adsense Earnings In Nigeria Easily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters, How Can I Reduce Ad-blindness On My Blog. by Dclique(m): 11:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ad Blindness is a phenomenon in web usability where visitors to a website consciously or subconsciously ignore banner- like information, which can also be called banner blindness or banner noise.

My blog( http://sosmait..com ) gets a reasonable amount of traffic, thereby giving my ads high impression but NO CLICKS. Its quite annoying. I want to know if there is anything i can do to make visitor click ads frequently.
Re: Webmasters, How Can I Reduce Ad-blindness On My Blog. by Lovetinz(m): 2:23am On Nov 15, 2013
Irresistible offers, eg:
"3579976543xxxx click here to get the last 4digits of this N500 recharge card"
grin
Re: Webmasters, How Can I Reduce Ad-blindness On My Blog. by great664(m): 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2013
Lovetinz: Irresistible offers, eg:
"3579976543xxxx click here to get the last 4digits of this N500 recharge card"
grin
This will get you banned cuz its click fraud, don't encourage people to click on your ad, now to op question,
Ad placement - Knowing where to place ad is one vital key to get click.
Try this places, As a banner, below post title, sidebar, inside post, below post or in your header (thats below blog title) i can teach how to post ads in those places visit http://ask9ja..com
and see how i place mine, open any post to see the ones inside my post, i hope this helps
Re: Webmasters, How Can I Reduce Ad-blindness On My Blog. by adewasco2k(m): 9:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
Just to add to what great664 said try exactly what he suggested, also you should know my style might not work for you it all depends on the structure of your blog, to know the placement that will work best for you, try out different positions.

1. place one on the header
2. Immediately after the title
3. At the middle of your post
4. Side bars (both sides as applicable)
Re: Webmasters, How Can I Reduce Ad-blindness On My Blog. by great664(m): 10:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
i visited your site and see the following errors which might leed to the add blindness.
1. Your add are hiding - Change ur add position
2. Your Post area is too big -Make it 960
3. Side bar is too small for add. make them 300 each
Pls rectify these and see u at the top.
I can help you get google adsense to approve you within 2days, let me know if interested
Re: Webmasters, How Can I Reduce Ad-blindness On My Blog. by Dclique(m): 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
Aiit bro. I will do just that.

(1) (Reply)

Submit Your Website/blog Url Here And Get Back Live Traffic :- NEW! / The Untruthful Bloggers! Are You One Of Them? / Create Your Blog With Custom Everything For As Low As 3500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.