Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

"Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? (2214 Views)

Summary Of Things That Nullify A Person's Fast (sawm) / A Detailed Look at Quranic Perspectives on the Honey Bee / Pls Can Eye Drop Administered During The Day Nullify Ones Fasting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by Emusan(m): 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
lanrexlan: How did you know 'Jesus' too never sinned?

Because He was not of this world

You are just going around circles,you failed to give us verses from the bible that called John the Baptist a sinner.You deliberately called him a sinner without scripture backings and said 'Jesus' never sinned without scripture backings too.
Matthew 11:11 (NIV) -I tell you the truth:Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Does GREATER and SINLESS the same? just want to know.

'Jesus' was born of a woman too,so if 'Jesus' said there's nobody greater than John the Baptist,then John the Baptist is greater than 'Jesus' and if you said 'Jesus' never sinned[You failed to prove it],then John the Baptist know no sin because he's greater than 'Jesus' according to this.

The verse you quoted also says " yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he(John)" what does this statement mean to you?

In fact,Is 'Jesus' sinless according to the bible? The bible says in
Romans 12:14 (NIV) -Bless those who persecute you;bless and do not curse.But we found 'the loving lord' cursing an innocent tree because the tree wasn't in its season of fruits and 'Jesus' was damn hungry[Mark 11:13-14]
.Then he rained woes on his people and call them different names like vipers etc[Matthew 23:13-29].Is this a sin or not?

Another carnal minded interpretation.

Seriously,I don't understand all these Elias you are just saying.'Jesus' said John the baptist was Elias and John,the baptist rejected being Elias.One must saying the truth and one must be lying.

Did I say these two verses were wrong? read my previous post again.

Which 'spirit of God' was then inspiring these men to write contradicting stories on the same issue?

To you it looks contradictory just because you don't have the same Spirit to give you the knowledge of what He has inspired this great men to put down.

Imagine this,will 'Jesus' meet everyone that ascribed the wrong things to him on earth when he comes back? Will he meet all those that worshipped him as a god besides Allah on earth when he comes back? He will meet a few of them and he will reject the claim of being a god besides Allah and on the day of Judgement when all creatures that ever lived on earth will be gathered,then 'Jesus' will be brought out as an evidence against those that worshipped him besides Allah.He will then cleared himself before the whole people that ever lived on earth by saying
Surah Al-Maidah 5:117 -Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allah) did command me to say:Worship Allah,my Lord and your Lord.And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them,but when You took me up,You were the Watcher over them,and You are a Witness to all things.Is this hard to comprehend?

Now can you apply the same to what lead to this part!

The burden of proof lies on you,you claimed John the Baptist was a sinner,then provide proofs for it and stop asking my brother to do that.

You jump into what you didn't start from the beginning......he was the first person who brought the matter of John simply because I said Jesus never sinned, so if truly he want to prove me wrong he would have quoted a verse from the Word of God or from Quran to tell me see why you're wrong. I made it clear that no time to waste on quoting from the Book he has totally rejected...yet he keeps asking me to prove myself angry angry

Shalom!
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by Emusan(m): 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
DevotedOne: Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum, The Peace (of Allaah) Be Upon You, (everyone).

May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

Peace Emusan.

Shalom, DevotedOne

I do not see the response to this incident as being combative. The intention here, as presented to my mind, is one of calm, lack of stress, peacefulness.

Likewise me!

Yahya (John The Baptiste), is mentioned in The Noble Qur'aan. If it was at any time included, in Barnabas' gospel, [size=14pt]it may have been left out by one or more translators of the Gospel of Barnabas over the years.[/size] I cannot be certain regarding what occurred.

The only thing Quran said about John is that He confirmed the Word of Allah.......It didn't give the full detail of His mission.
@bold did my eyes see this or what?

Explain:

That Bible is corrupt.

I have rejected no other gospels. I accept what is truth in them, although I may ignore any interpolations.

So what are the things true in other gospels.....I guess when Jesus says "He is Son of Man"!

Wassalaam. DevotedOne

Shalom, Emusan
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by Emusan(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
WHξξ∟s:

Don't mind me abeg, the dude is pulling a fast one, he hate to substantiate everything he say that's why I want to try his [size=14pt]knowledge of hebrew. Believe me if he were to repond his lazy response shall be something like "am not a hebrew" or "I ignore this".[/size]

Try my knowledge in Hebrew....what a pity......Ask your fellow brothers about me using this word "SHALOM"

All your post that I ignored is to create a chance of enjoying more bit of this conversation because it shown in your post that you lack something.

Shalom
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by lanrexlan(m): 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
Emusan:

Because He was not of this world
He was from planet Jupiter abi?

Does GREATER and SINLESS the same? just want to know.
I'm not saying greater and sinless are the same.If 'Jesus' was sinless according to you[Which you failed to prove],then a man greater than him should be sinless too.
Take for example,Mr. A weighs 90kg and Mr. B weighs 55kg under normal circumstances.This shows Mr. A is greater than Mr. B and Mr. A can survive what Mr. B survives and even more.If Mr. B could lift a weight of 25kg with ease,will Mr. A not lift the same weight with ease? It's obvious,Mr. A is greater than Mr. B.
Similarly,if John the baptist is greater than 'Jesus' according to the bible and you said 'Jesus' is free from sins[You don't prove it].Then,do you expect John the baptist a man greater than 'Jesus' to be sinful? This shows John the baptist is sinless too.Do you get my analogue?

The verse you quoted also says " yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he(John)" what does this statement mean to you?
The least one in the kingdom of heaven may be greater than him,but he's greater than those born of women and 'Jesus' was also born of a woman.That's my concern here.

Another carnal minded interpretation.
Shut the Bleep!!! Why did 'Jesus' cursed that fig tree when he knew the tree doesn't grow on its own and it isn't in its season to bear fruits? Why??

Was that good enough?

Did I say these two verses were wrong? read my previous post again.
You were busy talking about John the baptist being the reincarnation of Elias in one place and denied in another place.
You said again
Emusan: Note:the spirit of Elias was only given to John's human body ....not that God send Elias back to the world again....grap that!
This means John the baptist was Elias reincarnation according to your statement but it's like you don't know the meaning of reincarnation before spewing another rubbish.
Reincarnation means:Rebirth in new bodies or forms of life; especially:a rebirth of a soul in a new human body
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reincarnation
That means John the baptist was a rebirth of a Elias' soul,John was just a vessel.Then you came to spew this
Emusan: Failed! John was not the reincarnation,can you see what I'm talking about? Carnally minded.

Who's contradicting who? Jesus said John the baptist was Elias and John the baptist denied being Elias.
Who's lying? Was John the baptist so daft that he won't realise that he has the soul of Elias in him? Don't you know soul controls that body? Can two souls be in a single body? Who's wrong? 'Jesus' or John the baptist?

To you it looks contradictory just because you don't have the same Spirit to give you the knowledge of what He has inspired this great men to put down.
Another Fallacy,should I quote those verses and you that claimed to be filled with the so called 'Holy spirit' like those bible writers should interprete for us?

Now can you apply the same to what lead to this part!
That Allah(swt) is not All-knowing? SubhanAllah.

You jump into what you didn't start from the beginning......he was the first person who brought the matter of John simply because I said Jesus never sinned,so if truly he want to prove me wrong he would have quoted a verse from the Word of God or from Quran to tell me see why you're wrong. I made it clear that no time to waste on quoting from the Book he has totally rejected...yet he keeps asking me to prove myself angry angry

Shalom!
What are you saying? He brought up John the baptist because You said
Emusan: *He was the ONLY man who has ever passed through the surface of the earth without a single sin Adam,Naoh,Lot,Moses e.t.c committed sin in one way or the other in their life time but save Jesus.....
This statement of yours confirms that John the baptist was a sinner,you've included him in the category of the sinful people.
Then,my brother asked
Wheels: Did john the baptist sinned? When?
Then you said Affirmatively
Emusan: Capital letter YES! If you disagree prove me wrong. During his life time!
You are damn sure John the baptist was a sinner and we keep asking you to prove it.It's None of your business if we believe the bible is corrupt or not.At least,you as a christian believed your bible is 100% GOD's words.Then,prove John the baptist was a sinner at least from it and stop beating around the bush.
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by DevotedOne(m): 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum, The Peace (of Allaah) Be Upon You, (everyone).

Salaam Emusan.

The only thing Quran said about John is that He confirmed the Word of Allah.......It didn't give the full detail of His mission.
@bold did my eyes see this or what?

Yes. I suspect that Barnabas' gospel was tampered with. This is why I depend on The Noble Qur'aan's guidance in matters concerning the Gospel of Barnabas.

019.012 يَا يَحْيَى خُذِ الْكِتَابَ بِقُوَّةٍ وَآتَيْنَاهُ الْحُكْمَ صَبِيًّا
019.012 (To his son came the command): "O Yahya! take hold of the Book with might": and We gave him Wisdom even as a youth,

019.013 وَحَنَانًا مِنْ لَدُنَّا وَزَكَاةً وَكَانَ تَقِيًّا
019.013 And piety (for all creatures) as from Us, and purity: He was devout,

019.014 وَبَرًّا بِوَالِدَيْهِ وَلَمْ يَكُنْ جَبَّارًا عَصِيًّا
019.014 And kind to his parents, and he was not overbearing or rebellious.

019.015 وَسَلامٌ عَلَيْهِ يَوْمَ وُلِدَ وَيَوْمَ يَمُوتُ وَيَوْمَ يُبْعَثُ حَيًّا
019.015 So Peace on him the day he was born, the day that he dies, and the day that he will be raised up to life (again)! Al-Qur'an, 019.012-015 (Maryam [Mary])

003.039 فَنَادَتْهُ الْمَلائِكَةُ وَهُوَ قَائِمٌ يُصَلِّي فِي الْمِحْرَابِ أَنَّ اللَّهَ يُبَشِّرُكَ بِيَحْيَى مُصَدِّقًا بِكَلِمَةٍ مِنَ اللَّهِ وَسَيِّدًا وَحَصُورًا وَنَبِيًّا مِنَ الصَّالِحِينَ
003.039 While he was standing in prayer in the chamber, the angels called unto him: "Allah doth give thee glad tidings of Yahya, witnessing the truth of a Word from Allah, and (be besides) noble, chaste, and a prophet,- of the (goodly) company of the righteous." Al-Qur'an, 003.039 (Aal-E-Imran [The Family of Imran])

021.090 فَاسْتَجَبْنَا لَهُ وَوَهَبْنَا لَهُ يَحْيَى وَأَصْلَحْنَا لَهُ زَوْجَهُ إِنَّهُمْ كَانُوا يُسَارِعُونَ فِي الْخَيْرَاتِ وَيَدْعُونَنَا رَغَبًا وَرَهَبًا وَكَانُوا لَنَا خَاشِعِينَ
021.090 So We listened to him: and We granted him Yahya: We cured his wife's (Barrenness) for him. These (three) were ever quick in emulation in good works; they used to call on Us with love and reverence, and humble themselves before Us. Al-Qur'an, 021.090 (Al-Anbiya [The Prophets])

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by Emusan(m): 8:01am On Nov 23, 2013
lanrexlan: He was from planet Jupiter abi?

Lollll

I'm not saying greater and sinless are the same.

OK

If 'Jesus' was sinless according to you[Which you failed to prove],[quote]

So that I can waste my time in what you can't say OK, you're right!

[quote]then a man greater than him should be sinless too.
Take for example,Mr. A weighs 90kg and Mr. B weighs 55kg under normal circumstances.This shows Mr. A is greater than Mr. B and Mr. A can survive what Mr. B survives and even more.If Mr. B could lift a weight of 25kg with ease,will Mr. A not lift the same weight with ease? It's obvious,Mr. A is greater than Mr. B.
Similarly,if John the baptist is greater than 'Jesus' according to the bible and you said 'Jesus' is free from sins[You don't prove it].Then,do you expect John the baptist a man greater than 'Jesus' to be sinful? This shows John the baptist is sinless too.Do you get my analogue?

Poor analogous, we compare that which is spiritual with spiritual and physical with physical.

The least one in the kingdom of heaven may be greater than him,but he's greater than those born of women and 'Jesus' was also born of a woman.That's my concern here.

You can see how shallow your spiritual life isis.

Shut the Bleep!!!

You've picked it where WÉÉL dropped it.

Why did 'Jesus' cursed that fig tree when he knew the tree doesn't grow on its own and it isn't in its season to bear fruits? Why??

The tree is brainwashed like many people.....thats why!

Was that good enough?

Yes! Same way He will use His word to send those who failed to recognized Him to Hell.

You were busy talking about John the baptist being the reincarnation of Elias in one place and denied in another place.
You said again
This means John the baptist was Elias reincarnation according to your statement but it's like you don't know the meaning of reincarnation before spewing another rubbish.
Reincarnation means:Rebirth in new bodies or forms of life; especially:a rebirth of a soul in a new human body
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reincarnation
That means John the baptist was a rebirth of a Elias' soul,John was just a vessel.Then you came to spew this
Who's contradicting who? Jesus said John the baptist was Elias and John the baptist denied being Elias.
Who's lying? Was John the baptist so daft that he won't realise that he has the soul of Elias in him? Don't you know soul controls that body? Can two souls be in a single body? Who's wrong? 'Jesus' or John the baptist?

I said I didn't deny the two verses, is simple English hard for you?
Thanks for the break down but I know the meaning and I fully understood what I'm saying without contradicting myself.
For clear understanding about John being given the Spirit of Elias/Elijah....means John possesses all the attribute that makes Elias Elias but he is not the real Elias.....the real Elias &Moses spoke to Jesus when He took some of his disciples to the mountain to pray. I don't even know how to express myself again things of spiritual is too hard for non-spiritual mind to grap.

Another Fallacy,should I quote those verses and you that claimed to be filled with the so called 'Holy spirit' like those bible writers should interprete for us?

You don't need to dear, just type "contradictions in the Bible" on your search engine I believe roughly nothing less than 500 answers will be given to you by different site.

That Allah(swt) is not All-knowing? SubhanAllah.

I said apply your explanations to what lead to the reason of quoting those verses..hmmmmm

What are you saying? He brought up John the baptist because You said
This statement of yours confirms that John the baptist was a sinner,you've included him in the category of the sinful people.
Then,my brother asked
Then you said

The problem I always have with you is you don't take time to read my post which make it hard for you to digest..why why Lanrex?

Is Isaiah, Jeremiah, Elijah, e.t.c sin or their sin recorded in the Bible? Assignment for you...
He askes me of John which I told him that [size=14pt]I don't have time to waste quoting for you in a book you term corrupt[/size]
Since this statement came from me, my expectation is for him to quote one or two verses either from the Word of God or his Holy book to show me see the reason while I'm wrong about John.....or he should forget about it......Simple!

you damn sure John the baptist was a sinner and we keep asking you to prove it.It's None of your business if we believe the bible is corrupt or not.At least,you as a christian believed your bible is 100% GOD's words.Then,prove John the baptist was a sinner at least from it and stop beating around the bush.

100% sure!
You can't tell me the Bible is corrupt yet expecting me to waste my energy and time explaining what I already know you have blocked your mind against. I'm not even expect this chat to last to this end because I'm trying to avoid such.

Shalom!
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by Emusan(m): 9:33am On Nov 23, 2013
DevotedOne: Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum, The Peace (of Allaah) Be Upon You, (everyone).

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the swift fellowship of the Holy spirit be with you.

Salaam Emusan.

Shalom Devotedone

[size=14pt]Yes. I suspect that Barnabas' gospel was tampered with.[/size] This is why I depend on The Noble Qur'aan's guidance in matters concerning the Gospel of Barnabas.

@bold- you suspect not that you have the evidence.
If I should just take it, how are you sure the one correlated with Quran wasn't tampered with?
who tampered with the rest, when was the book begin to change and why do they do such thing?

Note: I don't believe the gospel you're talking about but only show you your bias mind toward the rest of the book just to support your own claim.

Shalom!
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by lanrexlan(m): 10:25am On Nov 23, 2013
Emusan:
LollllOK
It's a question na.
Poor analogous,we compare that which is spiritual with spiritual and physical with physical.
Rubbish again.
You can see how shallow your spiritual life isis.
What do you know about spirituality? When christians can't refute a certain muslim,then they say he lacks spiritual knowledge.When some christians I know of failed to explain trinity [How 1+1+1 can equals1],then they will say you lack spiritual gift.What's spiritual about knowing that One is one&sum of one in 3places is 3?
You've picked it where WÉÉL dropped it.
He's Wheels,I picked it when he dropped it doesn't concern you.
The tree is brainwashed like many people.....thats why!
Yes! Same way He will use His word to send those who failed to recognized Him to Hell.
Lwkmd,tree brainwashed? An innocent tree that doesn't grow on its own? I will soon ignore you again.

I said I didn't deny the two verses, is simple English hard for you?
Yeah,you didn't deny both verses contradict,but you were contradicting yourself.
Thanks for the break down but I know the meaning and I fully understood what I'm saying without contradicting myself.For clear understanding about John being given the Spirit of Elias/Elijah....means John possesses all the attribute that makes Elias Elias but he is not the real Elias.....the real Elias &Moses spoke to Jesus went he took some of his disciples to the mountain to pray.I don't even know how put myself again things of spiritual is too hard for non- spiritual mind to grap.
Imagine again,stop giving your own interpretation.John being given the spirit of Elias is different from John possessing Elias' attributes and qualities.
How can Elias appeared to Jesus again?
Was Elias' soul duplicated? Giving the spirit of someone means you are that person but in a new body[Reincarnation],you are the exact of the person[/b]in a new body.If John possesses Elias' attributes,then he's not Elias but [b]Elias alike and similar to Elias,not Elias himself.Read this.Matthew 17:10-13 (NIV) -The disciples asked him,Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?
Jesus replied,To be sure Elijah comes and will restore all things.But I tell you, Elijah has already come,and they did not recognize him,but have done to him everything they wished.
In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist
.The disciples realised that John was Elias,'Jesus' said Elias has come but they(the teachers) don't recognized him because he was in new vessel[John].
They were waiting for Elias and not Elias alike.Quit twisting the bible.

You don't need to dear,just type "contradictions in the Bible" on your search engine I believe roughly nothing less than 500 answers will be given to you by different site.
Mtcheew,answers ko answers ni.The contradictions in the bible remains for eternity,no solutions to it even from your revered pastors.
I said apply your explanations to what lead to the reason of quoting those verses..hmmmmm
Apply to this your silly statement.
Emusan: About John asking again if Jesus is the Messiah is normal for every human because of our nature even the same thing happen in Qur'an when Allah asked Jesus whether He said to the people to Him and his mother as a gods after Allah,Remember Allah is all knowing, do you agree that,that statement is also wrong?
This is stupidity,Human nature may be disturbing 'Jesus' and John.Is Allah(swt) a human? SubhanAllah,You are making silly comparison&expect me to address it? Allah says in the Quran Surah Al-Maidah 5:116- ...Had I said such a thing,You would surely have known it.You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours,truly You,only You,are the All-Knower of all that is hidden and unseen.Allah is All-knowing,he will ask when he already knows what Jesus will say.

The problem I always have with you is you don't take time to read my post which make it hard for you to digestwhy why Lanrex?
Lol,I have the greater problem with you.You can't comprehend my posts,always repeating the same thing.
Is Isaiah,Jeremiah,Elijah,sin or their sin recorded in the Bible? Assignment for you
Assignment for yourself.
He askes me of John which I told him that I don't have time to waste quoting for you in a book you term corrupt Since this statement came from me,my expectation is for him to quote one or two verses either from the Word of God or his Holy book to show me see the reason while I'm wrong about John.Simple!
I can bodily tell you that no sin of John the baptist was recorded in the Quran.
Do the same by giving us the verses that called a sinner from the bible,I know of none.
100% sure! You can't tell me the Bible is corrupt yet expecting me to waste my energy and time explaining what I already know you have blocked your mind against. I'm not even expect this chat to last to this end because I'm trying to avoid such. Shalom!
Lol,it's like a lecturer teaching students in a classroom.The lecturer's Job is to give the lecture,if the students comprehend it or not is none of his business.Yours is to give the verses,if we accept or decline is none of your business..
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by lanrexlan(m): 10:26am On Nov 23, 2013
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by Emusan(m): 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
lanrexlan:
It's a question na.
Actually I thought you just made it out for fun.

Rubbish again.
What do you know about spirituality? When christians can't refute a certain muslim,then they say he lacks spiritual knowledge.When some christians I know of failed to explain trinity [How 1+1+1 can equals1],then they will say you lack spiritual gift.What's spiritual about knowing that One is one&sum of one in 3places is 3?
He's Wheels,I picked it when he dropped it doesn't concern you.
Lwkmd,tree brainwashed? An innocent tree that doesn't grow on its own? I will soon ignore you again.

Don't bring the issue of Trinity into this in other to derail this thread.
I don't know anything about spirituality sir.
Yes the tree is brainwashed like many people as they are innocent but will still rot in Hell.

Yeah,you didn't deny both verses contradict,but you were contradicting yourself.
Imagine again,stop giving your own interpretation.John being given the spirit of Elias is different from John possessing Elias' attributes and qualities.

If you're a fan of a football take this perfect example, Mikel has the spirit of Jay Jay Okocha does it mean Mikel is the real Okocha? It left for you to decide.

How can Elias appeared to Jesus again?

Lemme help you because of your last point, read Matt 17:1-4. Anyhow you understand it, it's left for you. Then you will know how to compare spiritual with spiritual and that Bible is not a book like novel.

Was Elias' soul duplicated? Giving the spirit of someone means you are that person but in a new body[Reincarnation],you are the exact of the person[/b]in a new body.If John possesses Elias' attributes,then he's not Elias but [b]Elias alike and similar to Elias,not Elias himself.Read this.Matthew 17:10-13 (NIV) -The disciples asked him,Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?
Jesus replied,To be sure Elijah comes and will restore all things.But I tell you, Elijah has already come,and they did not recognize him,but have done to him everything they wished.
In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist
.The disciples realised that John was Elias,'Jesus' said Elias has come but they(the teachers) don't recognized him because he was in new vessel[John].
They were waiting for Elias and not Elias alike.Quit twisting the bible.

Anyhow you put it, this is the reason you need spiritual discernment to read Bible.

Mtcheew,answers ko answers ni.The contradictions in the bible remains for eternity,no solutions to it even from your revered pastors.

Thank God you know this,

Apply to this your silly statement.
This is stupidity,Human nature may be disturbing 'Jesus' and John.Is Allah(swt) a human? SubhanAllah,You are making silly comparison&expect me to address it? Allah says in the Quran Surah Al-Maidah 5:116- ...Had I said such a thing,You would surely have known it.You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours,truly You,only You,are the All-Knower of all that is hidden and unseen.Allah is All-knowing,he will ask when he already knows what Jesus will sat

I didn't apply the human to Jesus yet you include Jesus' name hmmmm
I know Allah knows All things because He is omniscient but the reason I related it to the case of John is what you stressed out in your last statement.....John fully knew who Jesus really was but John was in the prison when his desciples came to him. no much time to clear this point.

the greater problem with you.You can't comprehend my posts,always repeating the same thing.

Assignment for yourself

OK.

I can bodily tell you that no sin of John the baptist was recorded in the Quran.
Do the same by giving us the verses that called a sinner from the bible,I know of none.
Lol,it's like a lecturer teaching students in a classroom.The lecturer's Job is to give the lecture,if the students comprehend it or not is none of his business. [size=14pt]Yours is to give the verses,if we accept or decline is none of your business[/size]

Of course it's my own effort and precious time which is my business.

@bold
This statement makes me give the above verses and the this one.

Read this scriptures of John the Baptist's statement about Jesus which I know it won't have a place in you lest the light of Gospel will shine on you.
John 3:25-36, pay attention to verse 31-36
This also answer your first question

Shalom!
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by lanrexlan(m): 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
Emusan:
Actually I thought you just made it out for fun.
Fun? You said Jesus is not of this world,I asked you if he was from Jupiter and you were like LOL.Is he from Jupiter or Venus?
Don't bring the issue of Trinity into this in other to derail this thread.
I'm just using that as an example.
I don't know anything about spirituality sir.
Thought as much.
Yes the tree is brainwashed like many people as they are innocent but will still rot in Hell.
Na wa o,innocent tree cursed for nothing and yet innocent people will rot in hell for nothing.What kind of salvation does 'Jesus' have for you? Salvation through curse[Galatians 3:13]?
If you're a fan of a football take this perfect example,Mikel has the spirit of Jay Jay Okocha does it mean Mikel is the real Okocha? It left for you to decide.
Lol,how can Mikel has the spirit of Okocha in him? Re-frame it,Mikel is playing in the spirit of Jay Jay Okocha means Mikel is Okocha's alike and have got qualities of Okocha not Okocha himself and Mikel doesn't have the spirit of Okocha in him.
Having the spirit of someone is reincarnation,get that into your goddamn brain and keep twisting the bible to suit yourself.
Lemme help you because of your last point,read Matt 17:1-4. Anyhow you understand it, it's left for you. Then you will know how to compare spiritual with spiritual and that Bible is not a book like novel.
What's he saying? The verses you gave talked about Moses and Elias appearing to 'Jesus' on a mountain.'Jesus' said Elias has already came but people don't recognize him.Which Elias was 'Jesus' speaking to again on the mountain? Forget it self.
Anyhow you put it,this is the reason you need spiritual discernment to read Bible.
Mr flowing with holy spirit,keep quiet please.It's just a simple explanation.
Thank God you know this
We know the bible contains contradictions that can never be solved till eternity and that's why people find it very hard to accept it as 100% GOD's word.
I didn't apply the human to Jesus yet you include Jesus' name hmmmm
'Jesus' is an alien and not human abi?
I know Allah knows All things because He is omniscient but the reason I related it to the case of John is what you stressed out in your last statement.....John fully knew who Jesus really was but John was in the prison when his desciples came to him.no much time to clear this point.
Explain to us that John knew who 'Jesus' was.
OK.Of course it's my own effort and precious time which is my business.
@bold
This statement makes me give the above verses and the this one.
Read this scriptures of John the Baptist's statement about Jesus which I know it won't have a place in you lest the light of Gospel will shine on you.
John 3:25-36, pay attention to verse 31-36
This also answer your first question

Shalom!
You've got nothing reasonable to say again.Quit whining and stop wasting my time if you can't provide where John was a sinner which I asked for.Don't tell me to read what John says about 'Jesus',I know that before.I repeat Give us verses from the bible that calls John the baptist a sinner.Very simple.
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by Emusan(m): 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2013
lanrexlan: Fun? You said Jesus is not of this world,I asked you if he was from Jupiter and you were like LOL.Is he from Jupiter or Venus?

Your answer is in that scriptures which I gave to you, read it with humble mind not with arrongance

I'm just using that as an example.
Alright sir.

Thought as much.

Abi nah, I only know about IFA and orunmila....lolllll

Na wa o,innocent tree cursed for nothing and yet innocent people will rot in hell for nothing.What kind of salvation does 'Jesus' have for you? Salvation through curse[Galatians 3:13]?

Yes, all the brainwashed innocent.
As you understood the verse.

Lol,how can Mikel has the spirit of Okocha in him? Re-frame it,Mikel is playing in the spirit of Jay Jay Okocha means Mikel is Okocha's alike and have got qualities of Okocha not Okocha himself and Mikel doesn't have the spirit of Okocha in him.
Having the spirit of someone is reincarnation,get that into your goddamn brain and keep twisting the bible to suit yourself.
What's he saying? The verses you gave talked about Moses and Elias appearing to 'Jesus' on a mountain.'Jesus' said Elias has already came but people don't recognize him.Which Elias was 'Jesus' speaking to again on the mountain? Forget it self.

Why will I forget it?
Since you believe John is reincarntion of Elias, you are still asking me again which Elias was Jesus speaking with? See how shallow your knowledge is about scripture!

Mr flowing with holy spirit,keep quiet please.It's just a simple explanation.
We know the bible contains contradictions that can never be solved till eternity and that's why people find it very hard to accept it as 100% GOD's word.

I've been explaining it since, get spiritual wisdom man. Those things you count contradictory will clear off your brain.

'Jesus' is an alien and not human abi?

Check those verses again John 3:31-36

Explain to us that John knew who 'Jesus' was.

No time to waste man.

You've got nothing reasonable to say again.Quit whining and stop wasting my time if you can't provide where John was a sinner which I asked for.Don't tell me to read what John says about 'Jesus',I know that before.I repeat Give us verses from the bible that calls John the baptist a sinner.Very simple.

If I give you the verse(s) I know it will still be the same Old story and things have change, Emusan has change toooo. so you now you wont get anything because the assignment I gave you, you failed to carry it out.....

Where is Mahdino and Udatso quite being a long time?

Shalom!
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by lanrexlan(m): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2013
Emusan:

Your answer is in that scriptures which I gave to you,read it with humble mind not with arrongance
Ok.

Alright sir.

Abi nah, I only know about IFA and orunmila....lolllll
Hmmm

Yes,all the brainwashed innocent.
As you understood the verse.
A brainwashed tree?? Wetin person no go hear for NL.

Why will I forget it?
Since you believe John is reincarntion of Elias,you are still asking me again which Elias was Jesus speaking with? See how shallow your knowledge is about scripture!
Not what I believe,it's what the bible says.Bible always contradicting itself.

I've been explaining it since,get spiritual wisdom man.Those things you count contradictory will clear off your brain.
Where are they selling spiritual wisdom to explain those glaring contradictions in the bible please?

Check those verses again John 3:31-36
Ok

No time to waste man.
This isn't an excuse,no problem.

If I give you the verse(s) I know it will still be the same Old story and things have change, Emusan has change toooo. so you now you wont get anything because the assignment I gave you, you failed to carry it out.....
Story story,give it to us and stop babbling please.We have been asking you a question here,you failed to answer and you expected me to do your assignment? SMH.

Where is Mahdino and Udatso quite being a long time?

Shalom!
They are doing great,Alhamudulilah.
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by DevotedOne(m): 5:20pm On Nov 23, 2013
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum, The Peace (of Allaah) Be Upon You, (everyone).

Salaam Emusan.

oops, I missed this one in a previous post, sorry.
So what are the things true in other gospels.....I guess when Jesus says "He is Son of Man"!

This is seen today as an esoteric interpretation. My understanding is that it (Son of Man), is referring to the Higher Soul.

@bold- you suspect not that you have the evidence.
If I should just take it, how are you sure the one correlated with Quran wasn't tampered with?
who tampered with the rest, when was the book begin to change and why do they do such thing?

Note: I don't believe the gospel you're talking about but only show you your bias mind toward the rest of the book just to support your own claim

I trust the Bounteous Qur'aan. What I've correlated between the gospel and Al-Qur'aan, I trust absolutely.

I'm not biased against the gospel. As stated, I don't know why certain subject matter found in other Scripture, or, N.T., is absent in Barnabas' gospel. It may be tampering, or, it may be copyist error, or translator interpolation, etcetera.

Al-Qur'aan, is the best support when confronted with Scripture that appears to be questionable, et cetera.

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by DevotedOne(m): 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2013

John 1:21-26 "And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias. And they which were sent were of the Pharisees. And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet. John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not.

Again it is believed that John has recognised who Jesus was after baptising him but when john is about to be decapitated he was unsure if jesus is the awaited one and he sent his disciples to ask if jesus is really the one to come.. Why would john contradict himself regarding the identity of jesus?

The above is just a small portion of numerous accounts that makes one to doubt the authenticity of the bible .

It is likely that the above John 1-21-26 never occurred. See following; It is a clear statement that Prophet Jesus PBUH, is not "that Messiah," that is sent to the whole world:

Chapter 42

Then the disciples wept after this discourse, and Jesus was weeping, when they saw many who came to find him, for the chiefs of the priests took counsel among themselves to catch him in his talk. Wherefore they sent the Levites and some of the scribes to question him, saying: "Who are you?"

Jesus confessed, and said the truth: "I am not the Messiah." They said: "Are you Elijah or Jeremiah, or any of the ancient prophets?" Jesus answered: "No." Then said they: "Who are you? Say, in order that we may give testimony to those who sent us." Then Jesus said: "I am a voice that cries through all Judea, and cries: "Prepare you the way for the messenger of the Lord," even as it is written in Esaias;." *

They said: "If you be not the Messiah nor Elijah, or any prophet, wherefore do you preach new doctrine, and make yourself of more account than the Messiah?" Jesus answered: "The miracles which God works by my hands show that I speak that which God wills; nor indeed do I make myself to be accounted as him of whom you speak. For I am not worthy to unloose the ties of the hosen or the ratchets of the shoes of the Messenger of God whom you call "Messiah," * who was made before me, and shall come after me, and shall bring the words of truth, so that his faith shall have no end."

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by Emusan(m): 8:11am On Nov 25, 2013
lanrexlan:

A brainwashed tree??

Don't tell me you're taking this word literal? If you do that's a serious issue.

Where are they selling spiritual wisdom to explain those glaring contradictions in the bible please?

Just by asking God for His Holy spirit through Christ.

They are doing great,Alhamudulilah.

Glory be to God Almighty who has given us salvation through His Son.

Miss them seriously, I wonder why they didn't show up on this thread!
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by Emusan(m): 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
DevotedOne:

In the name of our Lord Christ Jesus, may He shine the light of his word into everyone.

It is likely that the above John 1-21-26 never occurred. See following; It is a clear statement [size=14pt]that Prophet Jesus PBUH, is not "that Messiah," that is sent to the whole world:[/size]

It would've even better to hold your peace than to make the bolded statement because it shows that you don't read your Quran.

Chapter 42
Then the disciples wept after this discourse, and Jesus was weeping, when they saw many who came to find him, for the chiefs of the priests took counsel among themselves to catch him in his talk. Wherefore they sent the Levites and some of the scribes to question him, saying: "Who are you?"

Jesus confessed, and said the truth: "I am not the Messiah." They said: "Are you Elijah or Jeremiah, or any of the ancient prophets?" Jesus answered: "No." Then said they: "Who are you? Say, in order that we may give testimony to those who sent us." Then Jesus said: "I am a voice that cries through all Judea, and cries: "Prepare you the way for the messenger of the Lord," even as it is written in Esaias;." *

They said: "If you be not the Messiah nor Elijah, or any prophet, wherefore do you preach new doctrine, and make yourself of more account than the Messiah?" Jesus answered: "The miracles which God works by my hands show that I speak that which God wills; nor indeed do I make myself to be accounted as him of whom you speak. For I am not worthy to unloose the ties of the hosen or the ratchets of the shoes of the Messenger of God whom you call "Messiah," * who was made before me, and shall come after me, and shall bring the words of truth, so that his faith shall have no end."

Thank God that you are the one who said that you solely believed so much about this so called "gospel of Barnabas" [size=14pt]now see the reason you need to reject this false gospel yourself unless if you want to continue to hide under delusion.[/size]
the gospel claimed that Jesus rejected being the messiah, [size=14pt]of which Qur'an itself confirmed Jesus as the Messiah Sura 3:45[/size]
You said it earlier that the authenticity of Quran made you choose the only undiluted part of the gospel, now is it Qur'an that is correct or gospel of Barnabas?

I guess you didn't notice this before you paste it.

Wassalaam. DevotedOne

Shalom!
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by DevotedOne(m): 10:12pm On Nov 25, 2013
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Ever Merciful. As salaamu alaykum The Peace (of God) Be Upon You, everyone.

All Praise and Gratitude are due to Allaah, The Lord of the worlds.

Salaam Emusan.

the gospel claimed that Jesus rejected being the messiah, of which Qur'an itself confirmed Jesus as the Messiah Sura 3:45
You said it earlier that the authenticity of Quran made you choose the only undiluted part of the gospel, now is it Qur'an that is correct or gospel of Barnabas?

I guess you didn't notice this before you paste it.

I noticed it, and here is the clear statement of Prophet Isa [Jesus, PBUH]. He PBUH, does not ever, deny being Messiah. However, He PBUH, was sent only to the Children of Israel; isn't this correct? Now look at the following verse:

Chapter 97
Jesus answered: "As God lives, in whose presence my soul stands, I am not the Messiah whom all the tribes of the earth expect, even as God promised to our father Abraham, saying: "In your seed will I bless all the tribes of the earth." But when God shall take me away from the world, Satan will raise again this accursed sedition, by making the impious believe that I am God and son of God, whence my words and my doctrine shall be contaminated, insomuch that scarcely shall there remain thirty faithful ones: whereupon God will have mercy upon the world, and will send his Messenger for whom he has made all things who shall come from the south with power, and shall destroy the idols with the idolaters who shall take away the dominion from Satan which he has over men. He shall bring with him the mercy of God for salvation of them that shall believe in him, and blessed is he who shall believe his words.

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by Emusan(m): 8:42am On Nov 26, 2013
DevotedOne:
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Ever Merciful. As salaamu alaykum The Peace (of God) Be Upon You, everyone.

Salaam Emusan.

Greetings from our Lord Christ Jesus in whom all the fullness of Godhead dwell. May His holy name remains forever bless.

Shalom DevotedOne

I noticed it, and here is the clear statement of Prophet Isa [Jesus, PBUH]. [size=14pt]He PBUH, does not ever, deny being Messiah.[/size] However, He PBUH, was sent only to the Children of Israel; isn't this correct? Now look at the following verse:

See following; It is a clear statement that Prophet [size=14pt]Jesus PBUH, is not "that Messiah," that is sent to the whole world:[/size]

[size=14pt]Jesus confessed, and said the truth: "I am not the Messiah.[/size]

These above statements are from you.

No need to talk much, only people like you still live in this kind of state. As you said earlier you don't believe all the written of this gospel, if we should explore the gospel to the bricks we will descover that only part that negate your claim is the one you will reject.

Remain bless bye for now.

Shalom!
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by DevotedOne(m): 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2013

All Praise and Thanks are due to Allaah, The Lord of the worlds.

I would suppose, and most will agree, that many words cannot be translated exactly, from one language to another. We do not know how many translations this gospel passed through over the centuries, until it reached us in these times. There is too much truth in it, for this gospel to be called a forgery. I suspect that many refuse to accept its precepts.

I see no problem with clarifying the matter. The Bounteous Qur'aan clearly states that Prophet Isa [Jesus, PBUH] is Messiah/Christ. Jesus PBUH, states in Gospel of Barnabas that He PBUH, is not 'that Messiah' sent to all the tribes of earth. What could be clearer?

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by DevotedOne(m): 7:28pm On Nov 27, 2013

I was surprised to learn that the Aga Khan is descended from the Prophet Muhammad [PBUH], and is considered the Imam of the Ismalili Muslims. He appears to be well learned in diplomacy/statesmanship. He has some interesting views, concerning worldly matters. He is also interested in Muslim women's equality/rights, to a high degree, for which I applaud him.

http://asmasociety.typepad.com/mlt/2007/07/islam-business-.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6pdpvnYYuE H.H Aga Khan Interview about Islam May 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVMANkspmhk His Highness Aga khan speech 'Word of God, Art of Man The Qur'an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6w8EOczc74 Pacemakers: A Man of The World - The Aga Khan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPAU-dxe1ow Who is the Aga Khan

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: "Isma'ili Muslim Perspectives On Jesus" Did Jesus Die To Nullify Sin's? by WHees(m): 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2013
Emusan: The tree is brainwashed like many people.....thats
why!

Jizos kraist shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing! The Plot Thickens. / Did Some Sahaba Preferred Ali(r.a) Over Abubakr(r.a)? / Racism In Islam: Why Do Arab Muslims Call Blacks Abeed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.