Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy (3158 Views)

Prize For Most Irresponsible Foreign Policy Awarded To Saudi Arabia / Ghosts Of Libya Will Haunt Obama's Foreign Policy Records. / Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 22, 2008
Lucabrasi, there is nothing to google. You dont know what u're talking about finito.
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by lucabrasi(m): 11:53am On Jul 22, 2008
davidylan:

Lucabrasi, there is nothing to google. You don't know what u're talking about finito.
lol lol i see grin grin
sorry i forgot i was ignorant abi?
well then google
1)i talked about israel putting arafat under house arrest,shutting down water and electricity i presume you read about it if not google it
2)america's stance on north korea and iran
3)my assertion that america s aid to egypt was for acess to the suez canal,having a key arab ally partly for israel s sake and americas e.t.c
4)camp david and oslo accords-i asserted that it was not arafats fault only but the blame is split down the middle between balak and arafat
5)reasons why the rest of middle east are not supporting palestine is because they dont want to join america's axis of evil and suffer other economy sanctions
6)i asserted also that bush isnt fighting any ideology,frankly he doesnt know the meaning,he is only doin what his republican christian backers want
7)then where you called me a juvenile and ignorant fllow,i mega vexed and to prove im none of these i gave you a roughly chronological list of american millitary aid to israel and even the 30 billion dollars mou signed last year for ten years, its easy enough to confirm if im making it up
coolyou talked about435million dollars pnu aid,i countered your 435million dollars with my 4.4billion dollars israel made in just one year on weapons export to china and others just in one year 2006 its easy enough to confirm if im making it up

these are what im talking about,thank you very much,yours faithfully, lucabrasi smiley
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 22, 2008
this ignorant pple sef na wa.

lucabrasi:

1)i talked about israel putting arafat under house arrest,shutting down water and electricity i presume you read about it if not google it

Arafat is an unrepentant terrorist . . . who was behind the violence of the second intifada. Did not Nigeria put Asari Dokubo in prison? Nah . . . nutheads like Lucabrasi would rather Israel allowed arafat and osama bin laden walk free on the streets of Jerusalem killing Jews.

lucabrasi:

2)america's stance on north korea and iran

What has that got to do with the topic?

lucabrasi:

3)my assertion that america s aid to egypt was for acess to the suez canal,having a key arab ally partly for israel s sake and americas e.t.c

And America's aid to Saudi Arabia is for? America's aid to Nigeria is for? America's aid to Kuwait is for?

lucabrasi:

4)camp david and oslo accords-i asserted that it was not arafats fault only but the blame is split down the middle between balak and arafat

Just go and sit down, even rabid anti-semites know the the break down of the oslo accords was entirely Arafat's fault.

lucabrasi:

5)reasons why the rest of middle east are not supporting palestine is because they don't want to join america's axis of evil and suffer other economy sanctions

What a doofus. Iran, Jordan, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon all support "palestine". Egypt and jordan are not under US sanctions neither are they part of the axis of evil, infact Obama just landed in Amman this morning. Take a pill and cure your ignorance.

lucabrasi:

6)i asserted also that bush isnt fighting any ideology,frankly he doesnt know the meaning,he is only doin what his republican christian backers want

What do i expect a 10yr old to know?

lucabrasi:

coolyou talked about435million dollars pnu aid,i countered your 435million dollars with my 4.4billion dollars israel made in just one year on weapons export to china and others just in one year 2006 its easy enough to confirm if im making it up

So Israel can no longer trade with other countries? What is the problem with making money from arms sales just like everyone else does?

lucabrasi:

these are what im talking about,thank you very much,yours faithfully, lucabrasi smiley

You need a lesson in critical reasoning.
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by lucabrasi(m): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2008
davidylan:

this ignorant people sef na wa.

Arafat is an unrepentant terrorist . . . who was behind the violence of the second intifada. Did not Nigeria put Asari Dokubo in prison? Nah . . . nutheads like Lucabrasi would rather Israel allowed arafat and osama bin laden walk free on the streets of Jerusalem killing Jews.
hello,your ignorant student back for more lessons ;Danyway seeing ads you have refused to do some research but allow your emotions to becloud your reasoning while ignoring the cogent points i brought up to support my claims ill do the honourable thing and attend to your post,now hwere were we,
yes but israel's action is not helping neither,how will publicly humiliating and putting arafat under house arrest have shown that israel wanted peace?who is digressing now mentioning asari?lol your comparisons are so hillarious honestly,how can you compare asari the head of a few hundred millitants with arafathas anyone said bin laden is right and should not be arrested??im loosing respect for your sense of reasoning fast o bros
davidylan:

What has that got to do with the topic?

And America's aid to Saudi Arabia is for? America's aid to Nigeria is for? America's aid to Kuwait is for?

as usual,i see you are suffering from your amnesia again,why dont you go back to the question you asked me,and why i mentioned north korea and iran, why can you simply go back one page and see that you asked me, to save you the trouble,check what you wrote with your own typing fingers about un being obsessed with israel and the question you asked oga o,i cant shout lipsrsealed

ill vex for you o,are you pretending to be clueless about how strategic militarily the suez canal is to american naval forces or you are just trying to ba mi se ere?lol, pls do some research on this abeg,im tired of coming up with proven facts while u just keep on rambling like a broken apala or fuji record
saudi s aid is for stability but most important oil,same as kuwait mainly economic,for egypt its basically military and to protect israel i wont repeat this again abeg you too do some research!!
davidylan:

Just go and sit down, even rabid anti-semites know the the break down of the oslo accords was entirely Arafat's fault.

hmmmn,im sorry but i disagree with you,once again go online and read the complete report from an objective view the fault was on both sides,and that is me being totally unbiased,do some reading sir,i dont just yarn i read both the oslo and camp david accord,its online go n read it ha ha!!
davidylan:

What a doofus. Iran, Jordan, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon all support "palestine". Egypt and jordan are not under US sanctions neither are they part of the axis of evil, infact Obama just landed in Amman this morning. Take a pill and cure your ignorance.

i thought you threw that question to me as to why these guys are not helping palestine out millitarily because of my assertion that america was funding israel's weapons e.t.c and i answered you that they cant do so because they will be punished by being joined to the axis of evil,i never at no time said they are in the axis of evil,na wa for you o,even my 8 yr old cousin can google axis of evil and the 3 countries will come up straight within seconds, mr davidlan im starting to give up on you o
davidylan:

What do i expect a 10yr old to know?

i no know this one o,but a simple google AGAIN for th upteenth time will clearly tell you the main backers of american foreign policy concerning the middle east are the republican christian backers, im sure you know all these things or are you testing the level of my ignorance?? grin
davidylan:

So Israel can no longer trade with other countries? What is the problem with making money from arms sales just like everyone else does?

seems you still didnt do any reading at all before posting this,letme summarice and summa beans it for you,israel were selling weapons through the back door to countries like china im sure you know what america will feel to that?thats the only one im sure of because there are others but in my reading unlike some people i didnt get a concrete verifiable fact about the others but only china,and that was in a blantant disregard to americas opposition to it o, again dont take my word for it do what, GOOGLE OR DO SOME FREAKING READINGS/RESEARCH BEFORE COMING AT ME AGAIN SIR!!
davidylan:

You need a lesson in critical reasoning.
i totally agree with you,but so far you have been a bundle of dissappointment,i expect you to counter my so called ignorant comments with proper replies but s far its been an unmitigated disasterio, unless you have decided to ignore me,if you are going to reply me pls and pls make sure its with adequate research because i wont do your job for you o considering how ignorant and doofus like and juvenile smiley

Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by Blatant: 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2008
David

apart from Arafat, do you not think Israeli leaders also qualify as terrorists?
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by lucabrasi(m): 5:25pm On Jul 22, 2008
Blatant:

David

hope you have body armour and bullet proof for the ensuing attack from mr davidlan for daring to insinuate that
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by Nobody: 3:26am On Jul 23, 2008
Blatant:

David

Perhaps we should the minute you tell me when they have sent in suicide bombers to deliberately kill innocent civilians.
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by RichyBlacK(m): 4:24am On Jul 23, 2008
davidylan:

Perhaps we should the minute you tell me when they have sent in suicide bombers to deliberately kill innocent civilians.

Nephew David,

Are you aware that the IDF has killed more Palestinian "innocent" civilians than Hamas has killed Israeli "innocent" civilians?
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by debosky(m): 4:28am On Jul 23, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Nephew David,

Are you aware that the IDF has killed more Palestinian "innocent" civilians than Hamas has killed Israeli "innocent" civilians?

That may well be true, but was the IDF set out to kill civilians or killed those civilians as a result of 'collateral damage' or the Palestinian militants using the civilians as shields?

Can you compare those unfortunate and unintended killings to the actions of militants directed precisely with the aim of killing civilians? Motive matters a lot in considering this matter. Lets not reduce it to simply a numbers count.
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 23, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Nephew David,

when you clueless mugus run out of credible arguments you start reducing it to a game of numbers. If Hamas has killed less Israelis its most likely because the Israelis take utmost care to protect their citizens while Hamas is just happy to use theirs as human shields .
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by RichyBlacK(m): 4:51am On Jul 23, 2008
debosky:

That may well be true, but was the IDF set out to kill civilians or killed those civilians as a result of 'collateral damage' or the Palestinian militants using the civilians as shields?

Can you compare those unfortunate and unintended killings to the actions of militants directed precisely with the aim of killing civilians? Motive matters a lot in considering this matter. Lets not reduce it to simply a numbers count.

The term collateral damage is only conjured up after the much acclaimed precision/guided missiles somehow become grossly imprecise and abysmally unguided. Please drop that term, it has no real meaning.

Okay, I agree that Hamas has targeted Israeli civilians, which is unfortunate, however, Israel has also targeted Palestinian civilians. The only difference is that Hamas may jubilate openly after a successful attack of that nature, but the IDF will dare not do the same - they kill Palestinian civilians and later say "that was a mistake", or "they were used as human shield" (they see the human shiled of children and women but still go ahead and drop a one ton bomb!)

How do you even define "civilian" in Israel, when every Israeli, male or female, is drafted (except for a very few cases) to serve a tenure in the IDF?
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by RichyBlacK(m): 5:00am On Jul 23, 2008
davidylan:

when you clueless mugus run out of credible arguments you start reducing it to a game of numbers. If Hamas has killed less Israelis its most likely because the Israelis take utmost care to protect their citizens while Hamas is just happy to use theirs as human shields .

A tried and tested hypocrite!

When the numbers favor you, you drop them like they're hot, but when the numbers don't go your way, you start giving spurious excuses.

Killing civilians being used as human shields classifies as a war crime!

Even the US armed forces rules of engagement forbid firing at civilians, when it is confirmed that they're being used as human shields, but not the sadistic and brutish IDF.
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by MCUsman(m): 9:58am On Jul 23, 2008
RichyBlacK:

grin grin grin
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by lucabrasi(m): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2008
RichyBlacK:

thank you o, yet we castigate poor people who have been driven to despair and volunteer as sicide bombers because they have no other weapon to fight with be it millitarily or through the press and no one says anything about the israelis
debosky:

Can you compare those unfortunate and unintended killings to the actions of militants directed precisely with the aim of killing civilians? Motive matters a lot in considering this matter.
thats a lame retort considering these "unfortunate and unintended"killings are still going on,i hope we are not forgetting that these people are not playstation characters to test weapons on and after all that u still expect them to me meek and quiet and take it on the chin
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by lucabrasi(m): 11:32am On Jul 23, 2008
RichyBlacK:

The term collateral damage is only conjured up after the much acclaimed precision/guided missiles somehow become grossly imprecise and abysmally unguided. Please drop that term, it has no real meaning.

Okay, I agree that Hamas has targeted Israeli civilians, which is unfortunate, however, Israel has also targeted Palestinian civilians. The only difference is that Hamas may jubilate openly after a successful attack of that nature, but the IDF will dare not do the same - they kill Palestinian civilians and later say "that was a mistake", or "they were used as human shield" (they see the human shiled of children and women but still go ahead and drop a one ton bomb!)

How do you even define "civilian" in Israel, when every Israeli, male or female, is drafted (except for a very few cases) to serve a tenure in the IDF?
you have forgotten their use of the m-26 cluster bombs which is even more dangerous than the normal missiles,some of these cluster bombs look like toys and they remain unexploded but active and the slightest touch will activate them,the main problem is that they look like toys so a lot of lebanese/palestinian children are in danger of being blown up even months and years from now,yet we dont see anything wong,the funny thing is that many of these bombs were dropped, wait for this, AFTER THEY HAVE DESTROYED BUILDINGS TO RUBBLE,let us fear GOD in our justifying what is wrong o israel supporters
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by Blatant: 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2008
davidylan:

Do you not think that if the so-called suicide bombers had the military resources available to the Isrealis, they wont need to commit suicide when they attack Israelis?

A terrorist is a terrorist, whether he is a suicide bomber or a distant bomber!!!
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2008
Blatant:

Do you not think that if the so-called suicide bombers had the military resources available to the Isrealis, they wont need to commit suicide when they attack Israelis?

A terrorist is a terrorist, whether he is a suicide bomber or a distant bomber!!!

What of the allies who defeated Nazi Germany? Are they terrorists too?

RichyBlacK:

A wonderful phrase that most describes richyblack.

RichyBlacK:

When the numbers favor you, you drop them like they're hot, but when the numbers don't go your way, you start giving spurious excuses.

I have never been one to deal with numbers of the dead. Its a moot point that is only whipped up by clueless pro-arab morons like you.

RichyBlacK:

Using defenceless civilians as human shields is in itself a war crime doofus!

RichyBlacK:

Even the US armed forces rules of engagement forbid firing at civilians, when it is confirmed that they're being used as human shields, but not the sadistic and brutish IDF.

Stupid - human shields as a war tactic is ILLEGAL under the Fourth Geneva Convention.
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by RichyBlacK(m): 9:08pm On Jul 23, 2008
Blatant:

Accurate!

Israel qualifies as a terrorist state for countless breaches of international laws, cold-blooded murders, massacres, assassinations, apartheid, etc.
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by 4Play(m): 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2008
Blatant:

What would the Arabs do to a non-Arab people if they had superior military resources? Why ask,when history and current events offer compelling answers to this question:Darfur,South Sudan,Mauritania,Western Sahara(Morocco),Berbers in Algeria,Kurds in Iraq and Syria,e.t.c; to name but a few.

If the shoe was on the other foot,the conflict won't be still raging as the scale of the atrocities committed on Jews would make Rwanda look like child's play.
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by 4Play(m): 11:41pm On Jul 23, 2008
That mooncalf called Richyblack tried to 'convict' Israel on the basis of the relative quantity of civilian deaths Israel is responsible for. The sheer idiocy of this argument is only surpassed by the hypocrisy it reveals.

The argument is idiotic because it rests on the glib assumption that 'guilt' in a conflict can be ascertained through a body count,with the party responsible for the most deaths designated as the guilty party.By this measure,between Nazi Germany and the Allied Forces,the Allied Forces were the guilty party.

The hypocrisy arises because Richyblack and his ilk fail to apply this morbid logic generally,Israel seems to be the only exception.If the relative body count matters,imagine the havoc it will do to Richy's worldview.

Since the 2nd Intifada started in Sept 2000,about 4,900 Palestinians have died in total at the hands of Israel. Putin's Russia,in a shorter time frame, managed to kill at least 20,000 Chechens. This remarkable body count hasn't affected Richy's high regard for Putin one jot.

In the Anfal campaign waged against Kurds by Saddam,again within a shorter time frame, at least 100,000 civilians were killed.In Halabja,Saddam managed to kill in one day,more civilians than Israel has managed in 8 years. Has any of this affected Richy's high estimation of Saddam?

It's important to note that the figure of 4,900 Palestinian deaths presumes that every Palestinian who has died since Sept 2000 is an 'innocent civilian'.In reality,if we isolate the civilian deaths,one won't be surprised to find that almost as many civilians died in a few days in Odi,Nigeria as have died since the 2nd Intifada.
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by boyscout: 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2008
I must commend Davidalyn for trying to justify all action of the State of Israel. Israelis/Jew would not have done better.

Obviously, the blood letting call for all concern. Hire wire politicking is fueling the crises and the war is being executed passionately by zealots on the both side of the divide. the solutions to this can best be sought from the sponsors(Israel - America, Palestinians - Saudi Arabia,Iran). As they provide more than enough to help them sustain the struggle. Historical the war may be, but it has to come to an end.

The propaganda implored in this war is quite enormous. Objectively it all tend to make the Israelis more humane despite the fact that the Palestinians suffer more.

I believe if they could make exchanges then that means they actually talked. And for the war to end the talk must continue with all parties and their supporters on board.

The violence will pay no one. Israels monopoly of winning was surely threatened by the 33days fight with Hizbollah that ended in a stalemate. I do not undermine the military capabilities of Israel both the present boldness of the other side calls for concern.

@Richblack and Davidylan
You guys no dey tire. This name calling is turning to something else. Abi una wan start una war wey go pass from generation to another? Abeg make una go small small.Lets just talk on issues and leave the side jabs. It spoils the whole show smiley
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by lucabrasi(m): 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2008
@boyscout
i have abandoned this thread a long time ago and just happened to see this purely in error,i must say u have encompassed and addressed all the pertinent and mundane issues perfectly,nothing more to add, i really dont understand why people rtesort to name calling when you dont agree with them,it demeans the intellect of all concerned no matter how intelligent they are but seems they dont realise
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by dudubobo1: 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2008
I no understand why dem no negotiate like this before dem destroy all those Lebanese structures and lives.

This politics na wa o
Re: Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy by toshmann(m): 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2008
boyscout:

Historical the war may be, but it has to come to an end.

this is the sunnary of my point

boyscout:

I believe if they could make exchanges then that means they actually talked. And for the war to end the talk must continue with all parties and their supporters on board.

point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Election; Donald Trump Beats Biden In Alaska / Gabon Is Now A Bilingual Nation! / See What Politician Is Doing With A Girl In A Restaurant. Stripping Her Unclad!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.