Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen (11872 Views)

Tension In Bayelsa As Militants Attack Army Check Point, Kill Four (August 2015) / Breaking News: Gunmen Kill Four Soldiers, Policeman In Bayelsa Creek / Gunmen Kill Four Borno Officials (2) (3) (4)

Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Etumgbe(m): 7:13am On Nov 15, 2013
Gunmen on Thursday killed four policemen who were travelling to Anambra State for election duties.

The policemen were said to be part of those deployed from Osun State for the November 16 governorship election in Anambra State.

It was learnt that the truck they were travelling in was attacked by gunmen at the Benin bypass. Four of them were killed immediately.

It could not however be ascertained whether the attackers were political thugs or armed robbers.

Though effort to confirm the death from the Edo State Police Commissioner, Mr. Foluso Adebanjo, was fruitless, a senior police officer told our correspondent that the command had not been briefed about the incident.

http://www.punchng.com/news/gunmen-kill-four-anambra-bound-policemen/
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Series22(m): 7:25am On Nov 15, 2013
APC at it again..

Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Kingsley1000(m): 7:48am On Nov 15, 2013
.i wish all guber candidates success as they tussle 2moro,i also implore all d electorates to abide stictly by d law,as they vote 4 d right candidate devoid of party buh one dat's experienced so dat d long waited transformation(change)'ll flourish...#NGIGE

Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Realdon1(m): 7:54am On Nov 15, 2013
National association of unemployed graduates is urging our youth to come togeda and say 'yes' to employment and equitable economic development in our society. Say 'no' to political tuggery, carrying of ballot papers for old gray hair political vampire. They are bloodsuckers. They need blood of youth. Join NAUG today lets overpower them. We cn. Yes we cn.

Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Iykebestbt(m): 9:21am On Nov 15, 2013
in the spirit of the gubernatorial election...may their soul RIP
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by 80million1: 9:21am On Nov 15, 2013
*speechless*
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 9:22am On Nov 15, 2013
Part of the free and fair election plan
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by fragilgal(f): 9:23am On Nov 15, 2013
Incredible
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by lovat(m): 9:24am On Nov 15, 2013
Armed robbers on point.
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Iykebestbt(m): 9:24am On Nov 15, 2013
[size=13pt]Anambra is too hot during politics...reason yet unknown[/size]
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2013
Hmmmm, this election is becoming bloody...

Those casting their votes tomorrow shld be extremely careful and vigilant incase....... lipsrsealed
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by tonydim: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2013
It could not however be ascertained whether the attackers were political thugs or armed robbers.

armed robbers attack police on their way for election duties ?? whats the connection....

Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Kevsman(m): 9:26am On Nov 15, 2013
na waoo. the policemen no Cary weapon?

Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by DICKtator: 9:26am On Nov 15, 2013
whoa!.
R.I.P.

Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Leopantro: 9:27am On Nov 15, 2013
in other news, 181 indigenes of osun state were arrested in imo state. they were appended in a hotel following a tip off in which the police recovered election materials and APC identification cards. they claimed they were mobilized by certain individuals to help "assist" in the election taking place tomorrow.

Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Laslim(m): 9:27am On Nov 15, 2013
I just dey laff!
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by haibe(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Rottenegg1: 9:29am On Nov 15, 2013
Where are the tanks and f-16's deployed to the area for maintaining law and order in the state??
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by fingard02k(m): 9:34am On Nov 15, 2013
please i beg NPF not to reveng on innocent citizens of anambra
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by ifeanyidavid: 9:41am On Nov 15, 2013
Wetin dem Dey come Anambra come do?
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Dannylux: 9:42am On Nov 15, 2013
I hate seeing such news about my beloved state cry
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by nonzy26(m): 9:43am On Nov 15, 2013
wont step ma toes in any voting venue...wont risk ma precious life for all dis greedy and selfish politicians
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Polio: 9:43am On Nov 15, 2013
Sad.
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by ifeanyidavid: 9:45am On Nov 15, 2013
Kevsman: na waoo. the policemen no Cary weapon?

who tell u say better bullet Dey Dey for that tin. Na only one bullet way that tin fit comtu and dem position am where innocent citizens there . RUBBISH PEOPLE
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Temptee101(m): 9:47am On Nov 15, 2013
Why am i not surprised? Our politicians with their born-to-rule attitude. They will end up scaring the voters away. Imagine what would happen if the candidate behind this despicable act is at the helm of affairs in Anambra state come 2014. I wish all Anambraians going to vote to be cautious and vigilant. I pray that one day karma will catch up with each and every one of them.
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by alex1612: 9:48am On Nov 15, 2013
Series22: APC at it again..

SARAP THAT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH. SO PDP ARE INNOCENT. I'M SURE YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE THUGS AND GOD GO PUNISH ANY MAN/WOMAN THAT WILL NOT ALLOW PEACE IN THIS NATION, because OF THEIR EVIL AMBITIONS

Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Moukafoam(f): 9:49am On Nov 15, 2013

Alot of guys talk before they thinkkkkkkkkkk undecided

Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by striker9(m): 9:50am On Nov 15, 2013
alex1612:

SARAP THAT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH. SO PDP ARE INNOCENT. I'M SURE YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE THUGS AND GOD GO PUNISH ANY MAN/WOMAN THAT WILL NOT ALLOW PEACE IN THIS NATION, because OF THEIR EVIL AMBITIONS
AMEN!
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by kabba7(m): 9:52am On Nov 15, 2013
Leopantro: in other news, ing a fo181 indigenes of osun state were arrested in imo sta te. they were appended in a hotel following a tip off in which the police recovered election materials and APC identification cards. they claimed th ey were mobilized byertain individuals to help "assist" in the election taking place tomorrow.

To help and to assist , see your self making a monkey of yourself where did you get this jankara news item from is this how your. Masters intend ts a o win the election ? All this confussion the government is causing in anambra could just boomerang the. IG singing armoured personal carriers he don't have the perforce Jet fighters that were grounded in Mali ,,the navy as usual useless all this to create in the populace you are moving people from Oshun to arnambrs who even at the best of time is a killing ground
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by igbsam(m): 9:52am On Nov 15, 2013
I don't see this as a political attack or something.....If you know that benin bypass very well, you would know its a death trap. I sensed that those robbers got to know they were carrying rifles and that's what they needed. So they killed them. Robbers always operate in that area often and something needs to be done about that bypass. A friend almost lost his life to robbers in that area.

Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Moukafoam(f): 9:55am On Nov 15, 2013
Dannylux: I hate seeing such news about my beloved state cry

Which state? Edo, Osun or Anambra? undecided

Imagine armed robbers attacking a truck load of Nigerian Policemen with arms grin

Any time the NPF are travelling they are always shooting into the air to warn people they they are around, how come this ugly incident sad
Re: Gunmen Kill Four Anambra-bound Policemen by Orikinla(m): 9:57am On Nov 15, 2013
YOU ARE SICK.

Senate Committee On Debts & Loans Visit Lagos To Inspect Projects / Why Buhari, Governors Postponed NEC Meeting Amid APC Crisis / Festus Keyamo Sues Atiku And Others