Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Xbox, Playstation, Wii - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Xbox, Playstation, Wii (3297 Views)

Poll: Which Console Do You Owned?

XBOX: 40% (2 votes)
Playstation: 40% (2 votes)
Wii: 0% (0 votes)
BOTH: 20% (1 vote)
Neither: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Official FIFA 16 Thread (PC/Xbox/Playstation) / Let's Play Fifa 14 Online On Xbox, Playstation & Pc / Gaming Showdown: PS3 Vs Wii Vs Xbox 360 Vs PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xbox, Playstation, Wii by SeanT21(f): 1:23am On Jul 17, 2008
Lets do a poll on which system is the most owned by nairaland members.

Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by SeanT21(f): 1:26am On Jul 17, 2008
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by SeanT21(f): 1:27am On Jul 17, 2008
Playstation

Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by texazzpete(m): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2008
I'm sorry, but this is a no-brainer kind of poll
Simply because of a certain game called 'Pro Evolution Soccer' or alternatively named 'Winning Eleven' on the Playstation, there are 1000x Playstation consoles than nintendo and microsoft combined.

What's the deal anyway? You used the Xbox 1 logo, the PS1 logo and then the Nintendo Wii. Three different consoles from three different generations. Not smart.
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by Gamine(f): 9:52am On Jul 17, 2008
NA FAmily COMP i get

this poll no fair oooooooooooooh! embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by SeanT21(f): 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2008
texazzpete:

I'm sorry, but this is a no-brainer kind of poll
Simply because of a certain game called 'Pro Evolution Soccer' or alternatively named 'Winning Eleven' on the Playstation, there are 1000x Playstation consoles than nintendo and microsoft combined.

What's the deal anyway? You used the Xbox 1 logo, the PS1 logo and then the Nintendo Wii. Three different consoles from three different generations. Not smart.

I was just posting a General Logo. Anywayz, I am doing a survey. It do not matter if Playstation is owned more than any other system. ITS A SURVEY!!
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by SeanT21(f): 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2008
Gamine:

NA FAmily COMP i get

this poll no fair oooooooooooooh! embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry

sorry G!! I have no idea what is that.
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by texazzpete(m): 11:07am On Jul 18, 2008
SeanT21:

I was just posting a General Logo. Anywayz, I am doing a survey. It do not matter if Playstation is owned more than any other system. ITS A SURVEY!!

Surveys should be intelligent. The Playstation has been out since 1993 (15 yrs) . TheXbox since 2001 (7 yrs) and the Wii since 2006 (less than 2 years), yet you're comparing them?
FOr a general logo you should not talk about consoles, but brands. Ie Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.

Finally, edit your survey. Why include 'BOTH' as an option when you're talking about three (3) consoles? Both only refers to TWO items.
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by SeanT21(f): 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2008
texazzpete:

Surveys should be intelligent. The Playstation has been out since 1993 (15 years) . TheXbox since 2001 (7 years) and the Wii since 2006 (less than 2 years), yet you're comparing them?
FOr a general logo you should not talk about consoles, but brands. Ie Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.

Finally, edit your survey. Why include 'BOTH' as an option when you're talking about three (3) consoles? Both only refers to TWO items.

My Bad. In this case " Both" means all. It do not matter when those Consoles came out. Just vote for which one you own. It be iiight.
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by vowiski(m): 4:39am On Jul 20, 2008
texazzpete:

Surveys should be intelligent. The Playstation has been out since 1993 (15 years) . TheXbox since 2001 (7 years) and the Wii since 2006 (less than 2 years), yet you're comparing them?

huh? 1993?
nah, its definately 1994, same year the co-founder of sony and inovator of the failed betamax------Akio Morita DIED.
always give right information and dont try to impress all the time.

playstation 1, december 1994
playstation 2, march 2000
playstation portable, december2003
playstation 3, november 2006.
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by kosovo(m): 6:55am On Jul 20, 2008
texazzpete,

the console logo should be used. reason being that we are talking about consoles and not the entire company's product.
hope we got an understanding on that.
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by texazzpete(m): 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2008
vowiski:

huh? 1993?
nah, its definately 1994, same year the co-founder of sony and inovator of the failed betamax------Akio Morita DIED.
always give right information and don't try to impress all the time.

playstation 1, december 1994
playstation 2, march 2000
playstation portable, december2003
playstation 3, november 2006.

Lol
1993 came off the top of my head. You had to do research and make a whole post just to dispute 1 year accuracy?
Pathetic.

kosovo:

texazzpete,

the console logo should be used. reason being that we are talking about consoles and not the entire company's product.
hope we got an understanding on that.

Then if we're talking about consoles, this has to be the most unfair poll ever. Do we have an understanding on that?
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2008
texazzpete:

Lol
1993 came off the top of my head. You had to do research and make a whole post just to dispute 1 year accuracy?
Pathetic.

Seriously, grow up. you gave the wrong info and you were corrected. Seems no one ever taught you something about humility.
Just keep running around these forums like some know all master. Even when the truth hits you like a truck.
And please don't bother coming at me with some pointless tirade, your specialty. You seem to be the pathetic person around here.
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by Gamine(f): 11:23pm On Jul 20, 2008
han han
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by vowiski(m): 2:39am On Jul 21, 2008
texazzpete:

Lol
Pathetic.

just as i has expected.
there is no difference between you and a punk!
you can keep ranting like a pig.

khai_khai:

Seriously, grow up. .
I have told him several times.

khai_khai:

Just keep running around these forums like some know all master. Even when the truth hits you like a truck.
He probably wants to be NOTICED!

khai_khai:

You seem to be the pathetic person around here.
HE IS PATHETIC. NO DOUBT
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by texazzpete(m): 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2008
khai_khai:

Seriously, grow up. you gave the wrong info and you were corrected. Seems no one ever taught you something about humility.

My point was to highlight that the three consoles were from different generations. I succeeded. If you want to dabble in semantics, be my guest.

khai_khai:

And please don't bother coming at me with some pointless tirade, your specialty. You seem to be the pathetic person around here.

been tracking me, have you? Well, it's a testament to how often i've been right that you've only ever been able to attack me on this one, trivial issue.
Now, speaking of 'truth', can you show me several of my 'pointless' tirades?
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2008
texazzpete:

been tracking me, have you? Well, it's a testament to how often i've been right that you've only ever been able to attack me on this one, trivial issue.

Self deceit, another one of your gifts. I could attack your argument on MGS4 being a system seller, or that most people are buying a PS3 for its bluray playing capabilities. And a few of the other 360 centered arguments you've put forward.  But as experience has shown, it will be akin to arguing with a fanatic and hence an utter waste of my time.
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by texazzpete(m): 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2008
khai_khai:

Self deceit, another one of your gifts. I could attack your argument on MGS4 being a system seller, or that most people are buying a PS3 for its bluray playing capabilities. And a few of the other 360 centered arguments you've put forward. But as experience has shown, it will be akin to arguing with a fanatic and hence an utter waste of my time.

Ah.

Are you hurt because i didn't go into a 'tirade' at you?

Now, let's take this logically

1. I never said MGS4 was not a system seller. I said it isn't/wasn't a MAJOR system seller.
proof below

July 7 - July 13
http://game.blogdig.net/archives/articles/July2008/20/Japanese_hardware_sales__July_7___July_13__Birth_of_gaming_journalism_edition.html
- PSP: 56,998 down 559 (0.99%)
- DS Lite: 48,540 down 1,085 (2.29%)
- Wii: 41,768 down 2,757 (6.19%)
- PS3: 12,458 down 1,901 (13.24%)
- PS2: 10,405 down 1,363 (11.58%)
- Xbox 360: 3,807 down 969 (20.29%)

June 30 - July 6
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/13/japanese-hardware-sales-june-30-july-6-e4-edition/
- PSP: 56,439 2,422 (4.11%)
- DS Lite: 47,455 1,429 (2.92%)
- Wii: 44,525 3,955 (8.16%)
- PS3: 14,359 3,614 (20.11%)
- PS2: 11,768 4,095 (53.37%)
- Xbox 360: 4,776 328 (6.43%)

As you can see, the PS3 selling 12000 - 14000 units weekly is a far cry from the 100k + vowiski was touting. Even the 40000 units average weekly he was spouting was untrue.
MGS4 came out in June in the US. Total sales in June = approx 750000 units. This, for one of the most anticipated and hyped games out there. Do you wanna know how much Halo 3 sold?

2. I never said most people were buying the PS3 for it's bluray capabilities. I said many people were buying it for use as a cheap Bluray player

I said
texazzpete:

And i think it's pertinent to realise that a great many people are buying the PS3 just as a cheap Bluray player. it actually is one of the cheapest Bluray players on the market now.

While we're at it, highlight the '360 centered' arguments i've posted that are false. go ahead, buddy. I dare ya grin

khai_khai:

But as experience has shown, it will be akin to arguing with a fanatic and hence an utter waste of my time.

fanatic, eh? As i said before, i own all three of the next-gen game consoles, and even more Ps3 games than Xbox360 games. I've only tried to get rid of the disinformation concerning the potency of the 360 with respect to the PS3. The truth i've tried to put across is that the 360 is almost half the price of the PS3 in Nigeria, and with all the benefits (with the exception of Bluray). Lots of people could and should be enjoying HD gaming if only they can find their way past the sony fanboyism and propaganda. I try and help these people.

By the way, i've made the claim of owning all three consoles before, but to ward off any future challenge, here's proof attached below.

Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by texazzpete(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2008
http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1553

Major system seller, eh?
Check out comparison charts around the MGS4 release in the US, and around Halo 3 release last year. Notice how long the halo 3 'spike' lasts.

Quick hint though. Cumulative PS3 sales in the US is 5.43 million. Total sales of MGS4 in the US is less than 1 million, over a month after release. So less than 20% even bought the most hyped gamed on the PS3.

GTA 4 has sold 1.95m on the PS3 in the US. That means that there are 1.95m consoles on which mature, serious gamers play on. So why have over 1 million convinced gamers not bought in to MGS4, considering the level of hype? When you consider the fact that PS3 GTA 4 sales may have been hampered by gamers with both consoles getting the 360 version, then the portion of core gamers not getting MGS4 (which happens to be an exclusive) becomes more glaring.

Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by vowiski(m): 5:52am On Jul 22, 2008
Weekly PS3 sales in Japan rise to over 75k.
The Japanese release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots has caused as significant rise in the number of PlayStation 3’s sold in the region, with the console shifting over 75,000 units this past week, according to Famitsu publisher, Enterbrain.

Sony’s latest home console sold approximately 77,208 for the week ending June 15, with MGS4 itself closing in on the 500,000 sales mark, with a total of 476,334 copies sold in just four days.

http://www.psu.com/Weekly-PS3-sales-in-Japan-rise-to-over-75k--a0003989-p0.php
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by vowiski(m): 5:58am On Jul 22, 2008
US VIDEO GAMES INDUSTRY - JUNE 2008
Software: $872.6M (+61%)
Hardware: $615.1M (+54%)
Accessories: $202M (+25%)
Total Games: $1.69B (+53%)

TOP-SELLING HARDWARE - JUNE 2008
Nintendo DS--783,000
Wii--666,700
PlayStation 3--405,500
PlayStation Portable--337,400
Xbox 360--219,800
PlayStation 2--188,800

The top ten best-selling videogames in the US for the month of June were:

1 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3) 774,600*
2 Guitar Hero On Tour (DS) 422,300
3 Ninja Gaiden II (360) 372,700
3 Wii Fit (Wii) 372,700
5 Wii Play (Wii) 359,100
6 Battlefield Bad Company (360) 346,800
7 Mario Kart Wii (Wii) 322,400
8 LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (Wii) 294,500
9 LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (DS) 267,800
10 LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventure (PS2) 260,300
* - Does not include sales of the game bundled with the PS3 console.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6194691.html?print=1
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by vowiski(m): 6:11am On Jul 22, 2008
texazzpete:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1553

GTA 4 has sold 1.95m on the PS3 in the US. That means that there are 1.95m consoles on which mature, serious gamers play on. So why have over 1 million convinced gamers not bought in to MGS4, considering the level of hype? When you consider the fact that PS3 GTA 4 sales may have been hampered by gamers with both consoles getting the 360 version, then the portion of core gamers not getting MGS4 (which happens to be an exclusive) becomes more glaring.

for almost 3 month gtv4 sold 1.95m
and MGS4 IS less than 2 month and has sold nearly 1 million in the us.
WHAT ACTUALLY ARE U SAYING?
OR ARE U DAY DREAMING?
WAKE UP!
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by vowiski(m): 6:40am On Jul 22, 2008
texazzpete.
i could not see 360 in those chart. lol.
try to me mature, huh? i think the last time i read ur post in politics, it was way dumb!
you must not try to be NOTICED! all the time, everybody is here to learn.
you are good but you exergerate too much.
you are a hardcore gamer so also i am.
i started playing games when i was 5yrs  old and i can say that i ve eventually palyed all kinds of games.
and we are know what cracking in the gaming industry,
texazzpete GO PLAY!
while i PLAYB3YOUND!

NO HARD FEELINGS DUDE, just me and no one else, just another guy in da house who knows that  TRUTH HURTS!
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by texazzpete(m): 8:06am On Jul 22, 2008
vowiski:

Weekly PS3 sales in Japan rise to over 75k.
The Japanese release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots has caused as significant rise in the number of PlayStation 3’s sold in the region, with the console shifting over 75,000 units this past week, according to Famitsu publisher, Enterbrain.

Sony’s latest home console sold approximately 77,208 for the week ending June 15, with MGS4 itself closing in on the 500,000 sales mark, with a total of 476,334 copies sold in just four days.

http://www.psu.com/Weekly-PS3-sales-in-Japan-rise-to-over-75k--a0003989-p0.php

476000 copies were sold in 4 days at launch in Japan. One month after, total sales of MGS 4 is only 600000. Affter the initial spike, the sales of the game has flatlined.
Only 10676 copies of MGS4 were sold on the PS3 last week in Japan. Compare that to the sales of Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP) that catapulted the PSP for 3rd position to 1st position in japan for over 9 weeks! The PSP has now outsold the DS and Wii in Japan simply because of one game. That's a MAJOR system seller.

vowiski:

for almost 3 month gtv4 sold 1.95m
and MGS4 IS less than 2 month and has sold nearly 1 million in the us.
WHAT ACTUALLY ARE You SAYING?
OR ARE You DAY DREAMING?
WAKE UP!

I sincerely apologize. I thought you'd be able to understand simple deductive reasoning.
It isn't about the number of months. If 1.95m copies of GTA4 have been sold, it means that there are at least 1.95m PS3 owners that are mature gamers.
Therefore, it means that of 1.94 million mature gamers, less than half saw fit to purchase the most hyped game on the PS3.
All i did was to use the GTA 4 sales number to estimate the number of mature gamers. Naturally this does not take into account the people with both a 360 and a PS3 who chose to buy the 360 version of GTA 4.
If i had used the total number of PS3s out there as a comparison point, that would have included those who bought the Ps3 solely as a BluRay player or even the casual gamers who would normally not buy any mature game like MGS4.
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by vowiski(m): 4:07am On Jul 23, 2008
texazzpete:

476000 copies were sold in 4 days at launch in Japan. One month after, total sales of MGS 4 is only 600000. Affter the initial spike, the sales of the game has flatlined.
Only 10676 copies of MGS4 were sold on the PS3 last week in Japan. Compare that to the sales of Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP) that catapulted the PSP for 3rd position to 1st position in japan for over 9 weeks! The PSP has now outsold the DS and Wii in Japan simply because of one game. That's a MAJOR system seller.

I sincerely apologize. I thought you'd be able to understand simple deductive reasoning.
It isn't about the number of months. If 1.95m copies of GTA4 have been sold, it means that there are at least 1.95m PS3 owners that are mature gamers.
Therefore, it means that of 1.94 million mature gamers, less than half saw fit to purchase the most hyped game on the PS3.
All i did was to use the GTA 4 sales number to estimate the number of mature gamers. Naturally this does not take into account the people with both a 360 and a PS3 who chose to buy the 360 version of GTA 4.
If i had used the total number of PS3s out there as a comparison point, that would have included those who bought the Ps3 solely as a BluRay player or even the casual gamers who would normally not buy any mature game like MGS4.

DUMB!
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by texazzpete(m): 8:07am On Jul 23, 2008
vowiski:

DUMB!

That IS your standard response to any superior argument, isn't it?
I shudder to think of ever receiving praise from you. At least then i'd know i've sunk to an all-time low. Keep up with the hate, bro!
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by vowiski(m): 3:26am On Jul 24, 2008
texazzpete:

That IS your standard response to any superior argument, isn't it?
I shudder to think of ever receiving praise from you. At least then i'd know i've sunk to an all-time low. Keep up with the hate, bro!
lol.
texazzpete, i got no hatered for nobody.

texazzpete:

bro!
huh? bro? alright, cool. BRO!
THAT's better,
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by vowiski(m): 4:42am On Jul 24, 2008
Anyway , I dont believe VGchartz numbers , no matter who outsells who.

Either vgchartz is crap everyday (not when it pleases you) and people should stop approving them alltogether.

npd is where the numbers are!

VGchartz is simply just crap and a waste of time.
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by texazzpete(m): 7:52am On Jul 24, 2008
vowiski:

Anyway , I don't believe VGchartz numbers , no matter who outsells who.

Either vgchartz is crap everyday (not when it pleases you) and people should stop approving them alltogether.

npd is where the numbers are!

VGchartz is simply just crap and a waste of time.

Can you provide convincing proof that VGchartz is crap? Or that NPD is any better?
Take that as a challenge, if you will.
Re: Xbox, Playstation, Wii by Gamine(f): 11:35am On Jul 24, 2008
nawa o lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Chess Players (Play a Nairalander) / Psn Online Gamers In Nigeria[ps3] / PS3 Game CD Swap.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.