Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Short Critic About Nairaland - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Short Critic About Nairaland (796 Views)

How Did You Know About Nairaland. / What Do U Think About Nairaland's New Website Pattern / Here's What We Know About Nairaland.com: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Critic About Nairaland by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by barapistis(m): 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2013
more.....no dynamic url function for a site of this magnitude
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by Seun(m): 12:33am On Nov 17, 2013
We appreciate these suggestions.

mincuu: -Add a "Cancel" button to the 'New Post' or 'Reply Post'. I have looked for this button several times and can't seem to find it. Or, someone should help me out if I am missing it.
We feel it may not be necessary since you can just hit the back button on your browser ...

-Ads should be set to open on a new tab when it's clicked. As a constant web user, I may not like to navigate away from the present page when I click an Ad I'm interested in. This same system applies to sites that request for users to take a survey or a basic Google ad.
We feel it's not necessary since you can just right-click, ctrl-click, or long press ads to make them open in new windows. Forcing them to open in new windows will also make it impossible for people who prefer to open ads in the same window to do so; it will take away their choice.
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by Smartiegurl(f): 12:45am On Nov 17, 2013
Seun: We appreciate these suggestions.

We feel it may not be necessary since you can just hit the back button on your browser ...

We feel it's not necessary since you can just right-click, ctrl-click, or long press ads to make them open in new windows. Forcing them to open in new windows will also make it impossible for people who prefer to open ads in the same window to do so; it will take away their choice.
How about a refresh button?
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by Nobody: 2:19am On Nov 17, 2013
Moderators should reduce d rate of banning people.some people till 2018.its to long na.
It should be ban forever or for a short-while.
How may people do you think have been banned won't open a new account??
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 17, 2013
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by olyivy(f): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2013

my friend here just called you: 'money miss road'
i dont want to agree wit her but come on!
These little suggestions should have been implemented without questions. Its only more difficult ones like modifiable user experience that should be under debate.
This site should be competing with facebok etal if you just apply small wisdom and dynamism.
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by ZinoFego: 9:55am On Nov 17, 2013
I was thinking clicking adverts and being taken to a new window may be quite confusing since most users use mobile phones to access NL.

Alternatively, users can be given the option to open ads on NL or a new window when they click ads or any other external link. Returning to NL after navigating to another site can be tideous using a mobile phone. Most times I've to enter NL afresh after seeing an ad.

Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by Seun(m): 10:06am On Nov 17, 2013
olyivy: These little suggestions should have been implemented without questions.
Here's what happens when you implement every little suggestion without questions:
http://www.taleswithmorals.com/aesop-fable-the-man-the-boy-and-the-donkey.htm
This is not to suggest that we don't appreciate your suggestions.
We appreciate all of your suggestions and we will surely implement the ones that make Nairaland better as soon as we can.
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 17, 2013
Seun:
Here's what happens when you implement every little suggestion without questions:
We appreciate all of your suggestions and we will surely implement the ones that make Nairaland better as soon as we can.
how about given us d ability to log complains/suggestions directly to u.
Instead of opening threads.u won't see many.
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by Seun(m): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2013
Arcsniper: how about given us d ability to log complains/suggestions directly to u. Instead of opening threads.u won't see many.
The quantity of suggestions is not as important as the quality of suggestions. Ideas are not scarce, but good ideas are scarce and precious. It's better to discuss your suggestions publicly on threads like this one so we can find out how other Nairalanders feel about your suggestions.
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 17, 2013
The option of deleting a thread/topic created by yourself...
should be really considered..
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
Chuzzyrules: The option of deleting a thread/topic created by yourself...
should be really considered..
yea
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by curiouslad(m): 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
A humble suggestion
I think the current ban system should be scrapped in favor of the "hell ban " option as used on HN.

It would allow tribal bigots the space to do whatever they want without affecting the sanity of the site nor the no of pageviews

Only hellbanned users would be able to see the trivial and spam posts

Also this leaves them with little incentive to open a new account as they can continue to do whatever they want in the "hell section" heck they won't even know they've been hellbanned

Just suggesting.
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2013
curiouslad: A humble suggestion
I think the current ban system should be scrapped in favor of the "hell ban " option as used on HN.

It would allow tribal bigots the space to do whatever they want without affecting the sanity of the site nor the no of pageviews

Only hellbanned users would be able to see the trivial and spam posts

Also this leaves them with little incentive to open a new account as they can continue to do whatever they want in the "hell section" heck they won't even know they've been hellbanned

Just suggesting.
i don't know the essence of ban.
Whenever a member is banned,d next thing is to open a new account.
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by Ajibel(m): 7:28am On Nov 18, 2013
I think what @seun may be trying to avoid is the speed and easy accessibility of NL. NL is fast even on slow internet connections cuz it's just simple without the heavy social features characterizing most competitors. It takes more time for naijaloaded to load than NL. Buh if @seun is to introduce lots of features, then I think he should leave an option for those who prefer the basic NL look to continue with which I prefer, just like FB kinda did providing you the opportunity of selecting the features you'd want to see which determines how fast FB loads on your machine.
Re: Short Critic About Nairaland by sisqology(m): 9:24am On Nov 18, 2013
Seun:

Is there a way to "UP vote" this 10times?

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Marketing Agency / The New Shared Button On Nairaland / Hackers Hits Gmail, 5million Passwords Leaked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.