Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Reps Summon Minister Over Job Seekers' Deaths (who Is To Be Blamed) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Summon Minister Over Job Seekers' Deaths (who Is To Be Blamed) (732 Views)

Reps Summon DSS Boss, Daura, Over Ekiti Assembly Invasion / Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits / Oby Ezekwesili Lectures Jonathan's Minister Over Alleged $30billion ECA Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Summon Minister Over Job Seekers' Deaths (who Is To Be Blamed) by Gennyz(m): 10:45am On Jul 17, 2008
WHO IS TO BE BLAMED ,the GOVT abi the MINISTER,

THE House of Representatives has summoned the Minister of Interior, Major-Gen. Godwin Abbe (rtd), and the executive members of the Civil Defence, Immigration and Prisons Board over last weekend's deaths of job seekers in the Immigration and Prisons recruitment exercises.
The House also plans to present a motion against on-line recruitment by government agencies.
Re: Reps Summon Minister Over Job Seekers' Deaths (who Is To Be Blamed) by aahmed112: 11:42am On Jul 18, 2008
I mean if your goin to have people go through that sorta physical test, den they should have included as part of the suitability to apply, that each one of them provide some medical report certifying them healthy enough (this is advised for any physical involvements, including gyming).

Knowing Nigeria, everyone one of them would have gotten that document somehw, but den the NIS can hold their hands upĀ  and say hey, this is what d candidate presented; we had no way of knowing he wasnt healthy enough, CASE CLOSED!!

Its sad to see this happen tho; I jus hope they do learn from it.
Re: Reps Summon Minister Over Job Seekers' Deaths (who Is To Be Blamed) by Bolarge(m): 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2008
aahmed112:

they should have included as part of the suitability to apply, that each one of them provide some medical report certifying them healthy enough (this is advised for any physical involvements).
I agree with u 100%
How many Nigerians can wholeheartedly claim to be physically fit in the present scheme of things?
Such a sad development I must say.
Sad we dispense of human lives to learn our lessons.
Re: Reps Summon Minister Over Job Seekers' Deaths (who Is To Be Blamed) by Gennyz(m): 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2008
@Bolarge did u say "Such a sad development" u've not seen anything yet bro, till 2020 WATCH OUT FOR DAS ALL I CAN SAY FOR NOW.

(1) (Reply)

See What They Have Stolen From Nigeria. / Dokubo Asari Replies Soyinka / Prof. Maurice Iwu Finally Confessed That Most Politicians Bought 2007 Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.