Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Karu Market Abuja Demolished - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Karu Market Abuja Demolished (10555 Views)

Demolition Starts In Mpape Market, Abuja (pics) / Ladipo Market Finally Demolished / Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by iterator25: 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
Diamonddamsel: Its so sad several people have lost their livelihood.I shop in that market and ive been thinking of some of these traders who have built their lives there.God help them and to think its close to Christmas some have started stocking their shops.
I believe they were informed of the demolition exercise
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by Shinelle(f): 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
Donsammi: When demolition was in kubwa we did not panic ..kaRU PPL u Guyz have not seen anything ..come to kubwa gadanasko road and the rest and see what they did here
Serious o.... Went through kubwa , all d shops along dat road are gone.... Elrufai did his own dat year.... D traders shud jus take heart... Cos suing d govt won't yield anytin... Many have tried!
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
Cele-pope:
OP thanks for the info but kindly edit your post.Your use of English doesn't seem good for a front page item
You are dumb.
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by boniflex(m): 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
Witty07:
You are dumb.
you are dumber
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by Costa2000(m): 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
Cele-pope:
OP thanks for the info but kindly edit your post.Your use of English doesn't seem good for a front page item
English Master make u no worry we get d message.Op more news abegi.
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by Celepope: 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2013
Witty07:
You are dumb.
I won't exchange words with you.Am way bigger than that.It was just an observation.I believe he typed the content in a hurry therefore after the news making front page it was expedient for him to go back and edit it.You may not have the knowledge of the people that visit this site daily.It is disheartening to read such use of English by foreigners.Tomorrow when a Foreigner accuse majority of Nigerians of not good in writing the English language i believe you will be the first to castigate them meanwhile they are not far from the truth.
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by sikwex11: 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2013
Good development
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by Ndoye: 10:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pls my beloved Nigerians let us obey the law. It is not good to experience this type of thing after struggling for many years.
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by Shedysworld(m): 10:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
This is the height of wickedness. Why destroy the livelihood of people. Demolition without prior notice, If u can't improve the lives of the citizens don't compound the problems further.
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by akraym(m): 10:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
Thread Derail(er) Association of Nairaland
(T-DAN). Who wan join my group

TDAN for Life
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by lastmessenger: 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
Cele-pope:

Bro in a simple sentence kindly define 'insultive' then relate it to my post.
it seems you are very good in the use of english.please let the guy have some peace.atleast he has given us some info
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by here: 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
Cele-pope:

I won't exchange words with you.Am way bigger than that.It was just an observation.I believe he typed the content in a hurry therefore after the news making front page it was expedient for him to go back and edit it.You may not have the knowledge of the people that visit this site daily.It is disheartening to read such use of English by foreigners.Tomorrow when a Foreigner accuse majority of Nigerians of not good in writing the English language i believe you will be the first to castigate them meanwhile they are not far from the truth.
I like to draw your attention to your post;poor punctuation,starting your sentence with "am" and repetition of ideas.

2 Likes

Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by lastmessenger: 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
Cele-pope:

knowing how to write or speak english does not any difference in the world. i believe we all are still learning english.
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by Celepope: 10:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
lastmessenger:
knowing how to write or speak english does not any difference in the world. i believe we all are still learning english.
Very correct
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by stagger: 1:32am On Nov 16, 2013
ifyalways: Na wao.

How could the govt embark on demolition without prior notice? Dis country sef.

The truth is that govt always gives several notives but our people are stubborn. Look at the illegal market at Abali Park in PH that was demolished by Rotimi Amaechi because of street urchins and thugs who used to rob people and snatch bags there. Everybody came back after three months and the place is thriving again.
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by Emmyguru(m): 4:28am On Nov 16, 2013
..i was de live...menn...it wasnt a small tin.....1 woman bought a shop for 4 milion nt up to 1 week she stock d shop with goods.....demolition cum price am 2day....

Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by naijaguy77: 4:36am On Nov 16, 2013
Isn't Karu in Nassarawa state not Abuja, kinda like Agbara is in Ogun state, not Lagos?

So any demolition will be done by nassarawa state govt, under Alhaji Tanko Al Makura (APC)
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by bobmatex(m): 7:13am On Nov 16, 2013
Naijaguy77, just stick to the Lagos u are familiar with. Your post clearly shows u know nothing about the capital city.

1 Like

Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by stagger: 7:15am On Nov 16, 2013
naijaguy77: Isn't Karu in Nassarawa state not Abuja, kinda like Agbara is in Ogun state, not Lagos?

So any demolition will be done by nassarawa state govt, under Alhaji Tanko Al Makura (APC)

No dey talk wetin you no know. Karu is in the FCT.
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 16, 2013
Cele-pope:

Atleast we understood him. The site is meant for both the learned and the unlearned. Stop being an English examiner. you dont need it.
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by nagoma(m): 7:57am On Nov 16, 2013
Looks like the work of the Super Hurricane Haiyan. Are you sure this picture is from Karu?
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by 2n2k(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2013
naijaguy77: Isn't Karu in Nassarawa state not Abuja, kinda like Agbara is in Ogun state, not Lagos?

Karu is in FCT. New Karu is in Nassarawa state
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by Greekbreed(m): 11:11am On Nov 16, 2013
2n2k:

Karu is in FCT. New Karu is in Nassarawa state

we have old karu in fct and new karu in nasarawa..#proudly_Nasarawa
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by RockMaxi: 12:41pm On Nov 16, 2013

If only you can hide your ignorance.. wink
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by Emmyguru(m): 3:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
nagoma: Looks like the work of the Super Hurricane Haiyan. Are you sure this picture is from Karu?
.....guy if u lyk bliv if u lyk dnt...i got it strt 4rm dey
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by stanzo: 12:33am On Nov 17, 2013
Greek_breed:
we have old karu in fct and new karu in nasarawa..#proudly_Nasarawa
There are actually three thus:
Karu Site - FCT
Karu Village - FCT
New Karu - Nasarawa State (along Abuja-Keffi highway)
They all have markets too.
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by londoner: 4:57am On Nov 17, 2013
Its unfortunate, but to be honest the government tends to notify long before demolishing and more than opnce too.......it is aldo true that Nigerians in general like to defy and test those notifications then cry blue murder afterwards..........its never good to lose your livel;ihood, but Nigerians can not be allowed to continuie in a lawless way.
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by londoner: 4:57am On Nov 17, 2013
Its unfortunate, but to be honest the government tends to notify long before demolishing and more than opnce too.......it is aldo true that Nigerians in general like to defy and test those notifications then cry blue murder afterwards..........its never good to lose your livel;ihood, but Nigerians can not be allowed to continue in a lawless way.
Re: Karu Market Abuja Demolished by hppyromz(m): 10:25am On Aug 20, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Rated Africa’s 19th Most Attractive Investment Destination / Products That Can Be Imported Into Nigeria / Naira Falls To ₦‎1,200/$ In Parallel Market, Gains 11% In NAFEM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.