Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,380 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

'Elrufai Predicts APC Loss in 2015 If No Alliance With nPDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Elrufai Predicts APC Loss in 2015 If No Alliance With nPDP (1037 Views)

APC Senators' Truce Talks Upset Saraki’s Alliance With PDP. / The Meaning Of Apc's Loss In Bayelsa / Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Elrufai Predicts APC Loss in 2015 If No Alliance With nPDP by ochejoseph(m): 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
Malam Nasiru Elrufai made a big political blunder today painting the APC as a party that can not win Election without G7
as soon as soon as Reno Tweeted his surrender' he cried foul forcing PREMUIM TIMES to pull down the story

Below is the message u will see when u visit their website

APOLOGIES: We have pulled down the story as we investigate allegations of wrong quote(s) in it.

SEE THE FULL INTERVIEW BELOW BEFORE THE PULL DOWN

The interim deputy publicity secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Nasir El-Rufai, has stated that the need for an ”incremental change” made it inevitable for the opposition party to seek alliance with strong and willing politicians across the country.

The former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory made this known at the ongoing 15th edition of the Lagos Book and Art Festival, LABAF, during a discussion focused on his book, The Accidental Public Servant.

Mr. El-Rufai was responding to a member of the audience who was critical of the recent visit of APC leaders to some members of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party.

The national leaders of the APC had, in the last two weeks, being on a tour of some states ruled by the PDP, taken advantage of the myriad of crises tearing the PDP apart by visiting the party’s leaders in order to woo them to the APC.

To emphasise the need for a broader alliance to defeat the ruling party, Mr. El-Rufai made reference to the few number of votes, about 100,000, polled by late human rights activist, Gani Fawehinmi.

Mr. El-Rufai noted that the late Mr. Fawehinmi had massive goodwill from the people and was detained over 30 times, yet, he could not command a political fight against the ruling party. He also referenced a similar alliance formed against former military Head of State, Sani Abacha.

“The G18 was formed by northern leaders who felt the fight against Abacha must be seen to start from his backyard (the north), and in alliance with the ongoing clamour by leaders from the south, such as Afenifere.

”G18 were all enemies before (but) they managed to push the envelope and reach out across the Niger to fight Abacha; this is what led to the founding members of the PDP,” he said.

Mr. El-Rufai lamented that in 2013, the nation was back to that era. He added that it was, therefore, necessary for leaders, who wanted to save the country, to come together.

”Political parties have become the cancer that is destroying the country. That is why leaders are coming together to form APC. Ten years ago, Bola Tinubu and co were just happy about their control of the southwest, but they decided to take a quantum leap to join the central move because they realised that if we have a wrong president, it will wrongly affect their region.

”The country would run better if the president had less power,” he noted.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/149669-apc-must-seek-alliance-estranged-pdp-members-el-rufai-elrufai.html

Re: 'Elrufai Predicts APC Loss in 2015 If No Alliance With nPDP by Lusola15: 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2013
With or with npdp. I don't think dey can
Re: 'Elrufai Predicts APC Loss in 2015 If No Alliance With nPDP by musiwa112: 11:05pm On Nov 15, 2013

he most be joking..

which gani got 100,000.. how many people live in yorubaland... who do you think they voted was it gani or obasanjo. it was gani, not obasanjo.. that is history..

gani won the 2003 election.

he knew it was a waste of time to go to court with obasanjo as president..

1 Like

Re: 'Elrufai Predicts APC Loss in 2015 If No Alliance With nPDP by ochejoseph(m): 12:22am On Nov 16, 2013
Lusola15: With or with npdp. I don't think dey can
I can't agree with u. More
Re: 'Elrufai Predicts APC Loss in 2015 If No Alliance With nPDP by damoskiy(m): 1:02am On Nov 16, 2013
APC all the way...is he God...
Re: 'Elrufai Predicts APC Loss in 2015 If No Alliance With nPDP by johnmartus(m): 6:08am On Nov 16, 2013
i cannot even read the article because this man since i know him he as never prophecise a good thing in his life sound like a fool i hate him more than dung does apc send him to speak on behalf he just embarrassing us
Re: 'Elrufai Predicts APC Loss in 2015 If No Alliance With nPDP by talktimi(m): 6:33am On Nov 16, 2013
Despite it being an alliance of various political parties, the APC is still regarded as a regional party and worse still, with religious fundamentalism as its main back bone (true/false) and that will be its achilles heel come any general election. So if the mallam really made reference to the APC needing members of the PDP (new or not) in order to make appreciale impact in 2015, he would actually be making a very valid point although one wonders how far they would survive with such marriage seeing as they're already a party of strange bed fellows.
Re: 'Elrufai Predicts APC Loss in 2015 If No Alliance With nPDP by lovat(m): 7:47am On Nov 16, 2013
I'm still a fan of El rufai but he need to learn from Nuhu ribadu and also take time out to study the works of sun tzu about power.
Re: 'Elrufai Predicts APC Loss in 2015 If No Alliance With nPDP by Unblockable: 8:02am On Nov 16, 2013
And most of the PDP supporters are happy because he said this. When he tweeted insults the other day, most of them were saying he's mentally deranged for insulting the president..
Re: 'Elrufai Predicts APC Loss in 2015 If No Alliance With nPDP by Amanwulu1(m): 8:11am On Nov 16, 2013
Alliance with expired politicians will still not save APC come 2015. Elrufai just try to come to terms with this bitter reality.
Re: 'Elrufai Predicts APC Loss in 2015 If No Alliance With nPDP by Amanwulu1(m): 8:29am On Nov 16, 2013
I saw whr he said, "save Nig," and I ask, who'll save Nig? Asking APC to save Nig is like asking a pastor who bedwets to deliver u frm bedwetting. Only a fool can do that.

(1) (Reply)

Start Writing Your Handover Notes, New PDP Tells Jonathan / Jonathan Is Behind That silly Letter ––iyaboobasanjo Blasts / University named after Maryam Abacha in Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.