Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) (3293 Views)

Building A House From Scratch Or Buying One? / 2 Bedroom Flats Awoyaya, Ajah (behind Mayfair Garden ) Very Affordable (2 Flats) / What's The Best Way To Build A House From Diapora? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by FEMACKNIG: 1:59am On Nov 16, 2013
Hello Everyone
I am contemplating about purchasing a terrace building from lekki gardens chevron...

Please do you think they are real?

Has anyone purchased property from them and started living in any of their estate?

How long did it take before they deliver your house to you?

What are there hidden terms and condition?

Do you pay any monthly or yearly service charge?

I will appreciate your sincere response as soon as possible

Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by FEMACKNIG: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2013
Hello Everyone
I am contemplating about purchasing a terrace building from lekki gardens chevron...

Please do you think they are real?

Has anyone purchased property from them and started living in any of their estate?

How long did it take before they deliver your house to you?

What are there hidden terms and condition?

Do you pay any monthly or yearly service charge?

I will appreciate your sincere response as soon as possible

Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by amywonda: 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
the are real, they would build you a house quite alright but please visit the completed estate at ajah after business school before you buy so u can judge the quality of work yourself and the lay out of their buildings
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by amywonda: 12:27pm On Nov 16, 2013
i saw your other post, and i have this advice, u might get a good plot before the second toll gate for 15 million, but please dont get on the right side of the express coming from phase one try and get on the left side (lagoon side of the road) i would strongly advice you buy a plot of land and build your own house because of the difference in quality, however lekki gardens is a real company , i am not really comfortable with their quality of buildings,visit the completed estate your self and make an informed decision, i almost bought from lekki gardens myself but i changed my mind at the last minute for personal reasons
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by FEMACKNIG: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2013
Thanks a lot for the advise... What area do you think I can get a land for 15million before the second toll gate...?Because I think chevron land I more expensive...
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by amywonda: 10:34am On Nov 17, 2013
FEMACK NIG: Thanks a lot for the advise... What area do you think I can get a land for 15million before the second toll gate...?Because I think chevron land I more expensive...
try osapa, you might just be lucky, if u are patient you would definately get a distressed seller, especially in the festive period, i could look out for you,altho like you noted chevy view is quite expensive, however kjeep your eyes on osapa, french colony, agungi, you might be lucky, would look out for u as well maybe u should drop ur email so i can send you any useful info i have
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by FEMACKNIG: 11:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
Thanks... femtosin@gmail.com and 07052696761
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by amanikondo: 3:26am On Nov 18, 2013
amywonda: i saw your other post, and i have this advice, u might get a good plot before the second toll gate for 15 million, but please dont get on the right side of the express coming from phase one try and get on the left side (lagoon side of the road) i would strongly advice you buy a plot of land and build your own house because of the difference in quality, however lekki gardens is a real company , i am not really comfortable with their quality of buildings,visit the completed estate your self and make an informed decision, i almost bought from lekki gardens myself but i changed my mind at the last minute for personal reasons

Why did you object against being on the right side? Is it because of Ocean Surge, tsunami or traffic? Hope to get a feedback from you. we are all learning.
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by amywonda: 5:01am On Nov 18, 2013
amanikondo:

Why did you object against being on the right side? Is it because of Ocean Surge, tsunami or traffic? Hope to get a feedback from you. we are all learning.
well when i mean the left side is preferable to the righ side, it is basically because of ocea surge, the right side is good but dont goo too deep, i once stayed close to alpha beach and the surge affected me twice, i have since moved out of that area, if u get close to the road or in areas where the surge doesnt affect like still water gardens etc then u are in luck, if un are goinmg to be living in the house and it is not for investment , then you have to select you location very carefully to take into account access road, light situation, altho generally the light situation is poor in the areas you want, it only gets good from ikota village down to ajah,
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by FEMACKNIG: 12:32am On Nov 19, 2013
Bro.. What do you think about ikota villa estate Or lekky county homes... Do you think it a good area,.. I tried making Enquiry about Agungi, osapa and Chevron land.. And an Agent told me there is alot of controversy about land in that area...As Oba Elegushi has gotten judgment from the Supreme court to take possession of the land from the other family selling most of the land...
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by amywonda: 1:56am On Nov 19, 2013
FEMACK NIG: Bro.. What do you think about ikota villa estate Or lekky county homes... Do you think it a good area,.. I tried making Enquiry about Agungi, osapa and Chevron land.. And an Agent told me there is alot of controversy about land in that area...As Oba Elegushi has gotten judgment from the Supreme court to take possession of the land from the other family selling most of the land...
i thiink your biggest problem is cost, except oba elegushi got the judgment last week, i will however make calls and ge back to you, ikota villa estate is a good location , they are not affected by the surge , and u can get for ur budgest, i actually know about a plot going for 15 million around these axis,i would call you tomorrow with info on how to free yourself from you 30 million naira budget, if you where willing to pay for lekki gardens i assume have plenty space in youir compound is not top on you priority list , I would get the clarification on the judgement tomorrow and offer my 2 cents
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by amanikondo: 8:57am On Nov 19, 2013
amywonda: well when i mean the left side is preferable to the righ side, it is basically because of ocea surge, the right side is good but dont goo too deep, i once stayed close to alpha beach and the surge affected me twice, i have since moved out of that area, if u get close to the road or in areas where the surge doesnt affect like still water gardens etc then u are in luck, if un are goinmg to be living in the house and it is not for investment , then you have to select you location very carefully to take into account access road, light situation, altho generally the light situation is poor in the areas you want, it only gets good from ikota village down to ajah,

Thanks for the information. I have some plots around Abraham Adesanya which I think is far from the Ocean. We do not have a good government that will quickly come to your aid when there are natural disasters. I stayed almost 80 miles away from the beach and I was still heavily affected by hurricane some years back in the US. Thanks for the info.

About lekki gardens, I have a family friend that is complaining about poor finishing. If you want a house like this, it is better you get it as shell and finish it yourself.
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by FEMACKNIG: 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
Alright thanks.. I am just trying to be careful and i think it better to get information from more experienced people rather than making decision you might end up regretting.... I hope to hear from you about the judgment...

Thanks..
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by nikkygal(f): 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
This thread couldn't have come at a better time. I am also interested in getting updates from people that have subscribed into any of the Lekki Gardens schemes based on first hand information and not just from the aggressive adverts they've been doing.

Am particularly concerned about the structural integrity of the houses - How structurally sound are their buildings considering the coastal terrain of that axis?
How spacious is the house itself? With respect to the Kitchen, rooms, living rooms etc
Do the houses have adequate parking space?
How densely populated is the estate ? Knowing developers and how they love to maximise the land area to the very last bit, hope the houses are not too choked? or too close to each other?
How long will it take to deliver the estate or the houses after payment?
WHat of management of the estate post-delivery?

I know my questions are soooo many and all the answers might not be available here but at least we'll appreictae answers from anyone who has an idea of any of them.

Like amywonda said, some of these factors will be a big determinant in decideing whether to just buy a land separately and build to your own taste to avoid developer wahala.
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by FEMACKNIG: 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
From what i saw from the one opposite Abraham AS... The house is not very spacious and the quality of the building is not so good.. because from the prototype.. The walls are already cracking..However, the road to the estate is good.. and i think they always have light... It a little confusing... they promised to deliver my house after 14month... after outright payment... No inner doors,no tiles, no painting, etc..
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by babaeko1: 10:37am On Nov 20, 2013
I was very very close to buying from Lekki gardens phase 2 this time last year, but I later changed my mind because i am an investor and I thought single units arent better value for money. Anyway, I was at the phase 2 offices in April, they have glossy brochures etc. But TBH, I didnt go to view the houses as back then, there were not any houses that were completed.

As per Lekki County estate, I know a lot about this estate as I actually lived there, years ago when the developer was promoting the place, they took peoples money, only to then dissapoint them. Houses were not finished, it got very messy, in actual fact some of the residents were living in the estate for about a year with no electricity, they were running generators. Electricity came in about 12-18 months ago. The residents are running things there and they are really really doing a good job against all odds, the developer isnt happy about this and making thier lives difficult. The estate is well located, just before VGC, looks good inside, but again this is all due to the efforts of the residents, the developer is tryingt o force them off and who knows what you will get should the developer take control of estate management. Its a good estate, but could have been much more better had the developer done things properly.

They have good road network, electricity, no water, good atmosphere, nice neighbours, some teething problems that i pray they iron out.

I hope I have been of help.
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by FEMACKNIG: 11:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
I think lekky county estate is good but not fully developed yet...I have been doing some inspection there ..But the price of land there is a little on the high side...
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by vivalicious: 8:28am On Nov 23, 2013
My answer is yes and I'm very happy with it grin I was asking questions on the other thread, finally I went and bought a unit in Phase 1. Being their 1st project, the buying and allocation process was a bit rough. Nonetheless, I got my house within a year, finishing is under process now. There's light, water in my unit. The environment is serene, security is tight. Some of my neighbours have moved in. The building structure / foundation is very solid. I'm not a fan of their choice of windows undecided (can't complain much, house is cheap enough for me). The units come as shell. You do your own finishing. I'm happy with mine as it is, feels good. wink

My 2 cents hope it helps.
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by staceyo(f): 11:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
let us help you finance the purchase id your home.please call 08038413163 for more details.
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by FEMACKNIG: 10:45am On Nov 25, 2013
finance what?
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by FEMACKNIG: 10:56am On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by gabbytabby: 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/862800/lekki-gardens-estate-how-genuine

Question has been asked before so see if this helps.
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by nikkygal(f): 9:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hello Famack...any update on your decision yet?

A couple of my colleagues and my boss went to Lekki Gardens last week on a 1st hand assessment to check out the place before also making an investment decision. To be honest with you, they came back with a lot of un-impressive things about the quality of work currently carried out in their estates. They visited phase 1,2 & 4...the phase 2 is where there is currently a lot of work going on & it was massively sand-filled at over 7ft according to what was said.

A lot of the complaints stem from water channeling issues...lack of drainage in some key areas, putting box-like septic tanks in each house without proper planning how this will be channeled...so you could emptying your soak-away every month becos the water table there is high & all your used water is collected in that small 'box'....even some of the slabs that serve as drainage covers around the fence of the estate have collapsed! In some of the houses, the floor inside is lower than the road..sad etc.
...So how can you vouch for the structural integrity of the houses when you can even see such material lapses

Honestly, am not a paid agent of anyone before NL'ers will come & say am de-marketing them. This was a personal assessment by a group of my colleagues who happen to be civil & mechanical engineers. As a result of their judgement, I've opted out oh!!!

I'll advise you to please go & examine their estates very well & assess their quality of work independently before putting your money...God save us from these developers...
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by FEMACKNIG: 10:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
I don free dem.. It was really hard for me to make the decision but.. I just decide buy one better, spacious land for better estate..and build gradually myself... But i still think it is a good idea to invest in the new project at chevron round.. It a very good location and i love it...But you should also cosider.. How much space you need? How big is your family? what is the main purpose of buying the property?Do you have a steady source of income? etc.. You should also remember they will Lekki garden will not do the internal finishing for you.. etc...
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by SangoCrusader: 7:30am On Jul 07, 2014
I bought two properties with them 18 months ago at Phase IV and Horizon (Eti Osa) but neither are finished unfortunately. If I was counting on the rental income or resale at their advertised forward values, I would be in a fix now. The communication process after the sale is also quite poor and so far, I am beginning to regret the decision. They are, however, legitimate from what I gather, but aggressive over selling and over commitment has meant that they have missed their promised timescales without bothering to keep their customers informed.

Verdict: They will most likely deliver with reasonable quality and their prices are really good however, if you decide to purchase from them, be prepared to wait up to 36 months before receiving a completed unit in a habitable estate.
Re: Has Anyone Here Purchase A House From Lekki Garden(very Urgent) by Olumidepriority: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2019
Available for sale

(1) (Reply)

2 Bedroom Flat @ Iroko Estate Opposite Diamond Estate N220k ( Iyr Rent) / Fairly Used Perkins Generator For Sale In Abuja / 3 Bedroom Bungalow House For Rent On Amal Pepple Estate Airport Road. 850k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.