Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

No More Hangovers As Scientists Develop Drunk Drug - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No More Hangovers As Scientists Develop Drunk Drug (516 Views)

How Lady Saved A Chronic Drunk's Life In Lagos (photos) / Reasons Kids Are Tiny Drunk Adults / What Drug Can I Take To Flush Out A Few Weeks Old Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No More Hangovers As Scientists Develop Drunk Drug by donodion(m): 11:47am On Nov 16, 2013
Scientists are developing a drug which can make you feel drunk without any of the health risks or hangovers.

The revolutionary new drug is being hailed as the e-cigarette for booze as it gives the feelings of intoxication and pleasure but without damaging the body or the same level of addiction.

Apparently, the new drug will also have an antidote, so the 'drug drinkers' can take another drug that will cancel out the effects, meaning they'd be safe to drive.

It is being developed by former Government drugs advisor Professor David Nutt - however the team at Imperial College London can not get funding for the drug. Shockingly, the drinks industry is not too keen on it.

However Professor Nutt explained that this was key to help alcoholism. He explained to BBC's Today that 10 per cent of drinkers become addicted, and that around one and a half million people are killed every year by alcohol.

One of the obvious problems with the drug compared to the e-cigarette however is the social aspect. While smokers can still carry on the learned action of smoking a cigarette with an electronic one, taking a pill is not the same as sitting with a glass of wine.

Would you be interested in trying it?

http://za.news.yahoo.com/hangovers-scientists-develop-drunk-drug-104100244.html
Re: No More Hangovers As Scientists Develop Drunk Drug by stacomaster(m): 11:51am On Nov 16, 2013
Tankz to them... BUT ℓ̊ love BEER.. angry
Re: No More Hangovers As Scientists Develop Drunk Drug by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
i can't trust this white peeps with their discoveries. I like the taste of my beer/whiskey oooo
Re: No More Hangovers As Scientists Develop Drunk Drug by baby124: 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
Drug for everything. Hangover might go. But the effects of excessive drinking both inside and out cannot be masked

(1) (Reply)

Wicked Mother Burn Her Daughter With Got Iron / Christmas Hampers / Nelson Mandela Dies @95

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.