Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? (2029 Views)

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / What Is The Scariest Movie You Have Ever Watched? / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by J0nyb0y(m): 12:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
Dear nairalanders, this question just poped my mind.. Decided to put it up for fun sake..
So wats the scariest/horror movie you've ever watched or hoping to watch?
As for me SAW and FINAL DESTINATION 1-5 mehn thos m0vies are damn scary..
Mods please move this to front page...
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by Obinnau(m): 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
the hills have eyes.
anaconda.
resident evil.
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
Resident evil aint scary. I luv watching it in the middle of the night. For me it's boffy,the ring & hatchet.
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by J0nyb0y(m): 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
Obinnau: the hills have eyes.
anaconda.
resident evil.
resident evil is kind of scary too.. I got used 2 d zombies after seeing them lot of times
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by J0nyb0y(m): 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2013
Cykik: Resident evil aint scary. I luv watching it in the middle of the night. For me it's boffy.
Wow.. So which could you say its scary
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 16, 2013
If you haven't seen any of the movies in the Saw franchise, you haven't watched real horror.

The fear of Jigsaw can leave you crippled for ages.
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by J0nyb0y(m): 6:02pm On Nov 16, 2013
AdannayaBella: If you haven't seen any of the movies in the Saw franchise, you haven't watched real horror.

The fear of Jigsaw can leave you crippled for ages.
am telling you..
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by tuagbo: 6:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
Movies like "Resident Evil,""Saw," & "Hostel" aren't horror movies.They are best described as "gore" movies.Truly horror movies are;"The Exorcist"(the 1973 version),"The Omen"(the 1976 version),"The Shining,"Basket case"(the original 1982 version) & "Pet Semetary."Watch all these movies & you go "fear fear."
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by UjSizzle(f): 6:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
Saw, The Grudge.
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by fatdon2(m): 7:02am On Nov 17, 2013
1.Saw
2. Wrong Trun
3. The Ring
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by chygoz3(m): 8:56am On Nov 17, 2013
Saw shouldn't be a scary movie. I mean what is scary about killing people? What should be classified as scary movies should be those that involve the supernatural, like the exorcism of Emily Rose, the rite, etc.
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by J0nyb0y(m): 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2013
tuagbo: Movies like "Resident Evil,""Saw," & "Hostel" aren't horror movies.They can best be described as "gore" movies.Truly horror movies are;"The Exorcist"(the 1973 version),"The Omen"(the 1976 version),"The Shining,"Basket case"(the original 1982 version) & "Pet Semetary."Watch all these movies & you go "fear fear."
hope i go fit sleep 4 nyt after watching o..
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by J0nyb0y(m): 2:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
chygoz3: Saw shouldn't be a scary movie. I mean what is scary about killing people? What should be classified as scary movies should be those that involve the supernatural, like the exorcism of Emily Rose, the rite, etc.
its not just killing like that.. Torture till death!
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by chygoz3(m): 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2013
J0nyb0y:
its not just killing like that.. Torture till death!
call me weird but I don't think I can get scared watching someone get tortured. Only something supernatural can make me get a little bit scared, with a big emphasis on A LITTLE BIT.
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2013
chygoz3: Saw shouldn't be a scary movie. I mean what is scary about killing people? What should be classified as scary movies should be those that involve the supernatural, like the exorcism of Emily Rose, the rite, etc.
What is scary about killing people in a cold and sinister manner? Are you serious about that? I'm sorry but that doesn't sound normal.

In any case, what should one then classify Saw as? A musical or comedy? A horror/scary movie is one that scares the viewer. Basically, it elicits a negative emotional reaction. It doesn't matter the genre whether supernatural or just plain gore (as somebody earlier classified Saw as), as long as it has the ability to startle an audience, it is horror.

2 Likes

Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by chygoz3(m): 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
AdannayaBella:
What is scary about killing people in a cold and sinister manner? Are you serious abut that? I'm sorry but that doesn't sound normal.

In any case, what should one then classify Saw as? A musical or comedy? A horror/scary movie is one that scares the viewer. Basically, it elicits a negative emotional reaction. It doesn't matter the genre whether supernatural or just plain gore (as somebody earlier classified Saw as), as long as it has the ability to startle an audience, it is horror.
Maybe I've seen just too many movies in which people are killed in brutal manners that I don't get moved by them anymore. I may say : "hey that was gross" at that moment but it doesn't mean I was scared. I mean I know they are just movies. It would have been a different thing if they were actually real.
Well although saw may be classified as a scary movie, I just don't see it as one anymore. A scary movie for me is one that's capable of making me scared when I think about it at night. Sorry but saw just doesn't do that for me. There was a time scary movies used to be my favorite kind of movies until Hollywood ran out of ways to scare me. If you have other good recommendations, I'll be happy to check them out.
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by NadiaSA1(f): 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2013
Scary movie 4

grin
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by J0nyb0y(m): 4:12pm On Nov 17, 2013
AdannayaBella:
What is scary about killing people in a cold and sinister manner? Are you serious abut that? I'm sorry but that doesn't sound normal.

Gbam!!
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by J0nyb0y(m): 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2013
chygoz3:
Maybe I've seen just too many movies in which people are killed in brutal manners that I don't get moved by them anymore. I may say : "hey that was gross" at that moment but it doesn't mean I was scared. I mean I know they are just movies. It would have been a different thing if they were actually real.
Well although saw may be classified as a scary movie, I just don't see it as one anymore. A scary movie for me is one that's capable of making me scared when I think about it at night. Sorry but saw just doesn't do that for me. There was a time scary movies used to be my favorite kind of movies until Hollywood ran out of ways to scare me. If you have other good recommendations, I'll be happy to check them out.
so u dey laff wen u watch saw or na action film?
Buh u were scared wen u first watched it?
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by tuagbo: 5:43pm On Nov 17, 2013
J0nyb0y:
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by tuagbo: 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
J0nyb0y:
I doubt it.Years after watching those movies,i'm still troubled by them."Saw," "Cabin Fever," "The Ring," "Final Destination" etc being classified as horror/scary movies?That has got to be "child's play."Watch a movie like "Pan's Labyrinth"- a movie actually classified as "dark fantasy" & you'll be VERY disturbed.
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by chygoz3(m): 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
J0nyb0y:
so u dey laff wen u watch saw or na action film?
Buh u were scared wen u first watched it?
By the time I watched saw, I had gotten over the fear of such movies. Nowadays I watch the horror scenes of final destination and laugh while doing so while people around me keep screaming. One of the movies that scared me when I was younger was 13 ghosts. I downloaded it later and watched it was was asking myself why I was scared of it initially.
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
The SAW series was the scariest shii I had the misfortune to watch, had nightmares for a while,
Nightmare On Elm's Street and the Final Destination series also left me cowering in unabashed fear, I hate the horror genre like mad
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by tuagbo: 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2013
emk4lif: The SAW series was the scariest shii I had the misfortune to watch, had nightmares for a while,
Nightmare On Elm's Street and the Final Destination series also left me cowering in unabashed fear, I hate the horror genre like mad
The "Saw" series really scared you?I believe those movies were just made to make people squeamish.What then will you do if you watch any of the movies i listed?Faint?Which "Nightmare on ....." did you watch?The ones made in the 1980s(which are the best) or the garbage made in 2010?Compared to the originals,i believe all hollywood horror/scary movies remakes are thrash from "Carrie," "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" to "The Amityville Horror"
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by sooplova(m): 12:51am On Nov 18, 2013
Drag Me To Hell was really scary, and unpredictable
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by J0nyb0y(m): 11:03am On Nov 18, 2013
tuagbo: I doubt it.Years after watching those movies,i'm still troubled by them."Saw," "Cabin Fever," "The Ring," "Final Destination" etc being as classified horror/scary movies?That has got to be "child's play."Watch a movie like "Pan's Labyrinth"- a movie actually classified as "dark fantasy" & you'll be VERY disturbed.
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by J0nyb0y(m): 11:06am On Nov 18, 2013
Can i get d download link to the 'Pan's Labyrinth' Movie..? Anyone
And has one watchd any of Wentworth Miller (Micheal scofield) Horror movie?
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 18, 2013
tuagbo: The "Saw" series really scared you?I believe those movies were just made to make people squeamish.What then will you do if you watch any of the movies i listed?Faint?Which "Nightmare on ....." did you watch?The ones made in the 1980s(which are the best) or the garbage made in 2010?Compared to the originals,i believe all hollywood horror/scary movies remakes are thrash from "Carrie," "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" to "The Amityville Horror"
Watched the 2010 remake, I hate the genre absolutely so it was natural for me to go crazy watching the few I happened to watch, however since you fancy the horror genre,u might not consider them hard core
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by russellino: 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
The exorcist and The Thing (2011)
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by pasqal09: 8:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
Jeepers creepers 1&2

1 Like

Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by ojj(m): 11:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
The ring
The conjuring
Silent hills
Insidious
Mama
Re: Scariest Movie You Ever Watched? by J0nyb0y(m): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
pasqal09: Jeepers creepers 1&2

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lekki Wives Season 2 Link Needed Please / Amarachi Ubani VS Harriet Agbenyi / Drop The Name Of Any Nigerian Or Ghanaian Movie You Want To Watch I Will Provide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.