Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,278 members, 7,826,080 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Lagos For The Holidays - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Lagos For The Holidays (776 Views)

Book For This Exciting Space In Lagos For Makeup Artist.. / Pickup And Delivery Services In Lagos For As Low As N500 / Event Management/ Smallchops/cocktail Training In Lagos For N18,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos For The Holidays by AmericanGirl29(f): 3:08am On Nov 17, 2013
Hey guys,

The username says it all. I'll be in Lagos for Christmas and New Years (also my bday). No clue what to wear.

Wondering how the weather changes? What people wear daytime and night outings? Proper beach attire? I'll be in VI for the most part, but definitely open to exploring.

-AG
Re: Lagos For The Holidays by Justeenaleo(f): 5:48am On Nov 17, 2013
American_Girl29:
Hey guys,

The username says it all. I'll be in Lagos for Christmas and New Years (also my bday). No clue what to wear.

Wondering how the weather changes? What people wear daytime and night outings? Proper beach attire? I'll be in VI for the most part, but definitely open to exploring.

-AG
The weather is quite hot
Re: Lagos For The Holidays by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 17, 2013
The weather will be hot for the most part of your stay. So bring cloths that you will normally wear in summer.

As for the beaches, most Nigerians do not wear bikinis to the beach except for private beaches. So you might have to do more of short dresses or bum shorts and tank tops.

Have fun in Lasgidi! grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos For The Holidays by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 17, 2013
I'll be going to Nigeria for Xmas too. cheesy

I'd suggest light clothing because it is hot during xmas time. For when I go I tend to wear a lot of shorts and dresses because they are comfortable. Bring plenty sandals o ! At night it gets cooler, so I guess you can wear a fitted dress with heels.

Beachwear ? Shorts and a crop top should do. I'm not sure about bikinis in nigeria. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Lagos For The Holidays by AmericanGirl29(f): 4:40am On Nov 21, 2013
What should I pack for a 3 week trip?
Re: Lagos For The Holidays by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 21, 2013
American_Girl29: What should I pack for a 3 week trip?

A lot of clothes and shoes/sandals grin
Re: Lagos For The Holidays by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 21, 2013
Get a lot of light cotton clothes.
No Jeweleries or expensive accessories.
You may need a lot of Gadgets to keep yourself entertained when NEPA strikes.
Do more of sandals, fancy leather boots is a big No.

Then you need a lot of cash cuz Lagos is quiet expensive, especially if you like clubbing. grin

(1) (Reply)

Mr And Miss Style Nigeria / Photos:Rihanna Rocks African Print Kaftan As She Visits Barbados / Affordable Male Shoes Right To Your Doorstep!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.