Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams (2464 Views)

African Soccer Expert Kwesi Koomson Predicts 5 Nations To Qualify For World Cup! / Female African Soccer Star Forced To Strip Naked To Prove She Is Female / Who Are The Top 8 Highest Paid African Soccer Players Of 2011? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by justin04(m): 9:04am On Jun 14, 2006
Base on the on-going World cup, how would you rate perfomance of the African teams? Personally, I think they have been above average even though there are no wins yet. I am very impressed with Ivory Coast and Ghana.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by Seun(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2006
I think this is a thread that is worth monitoring and updating as the world cup progresses. A thread for discussing the African teams vying for the world cup:
- Ghana
- Ivory Coast
- and Togo

How have they done so far?
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by seeker(m): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2006
You're forgetting Angola( Darn!) and Tunisia, who are 1 up against Saudi now.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by Seun(m): 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2006
Thanks for the correction.

African teams In Germany 2006
- Angola
- Ghana
- Ivory Coast
- Togo
- Tunisia
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by otokx(m): 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2006
is Tunisia not more Arabic than African?
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by seeker(m): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2006
Well, FIFA does not have world cup places for more or even less Arab countries. They represent the CAF region, so we can as well adopt them.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by salehm(m): 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2006
Well i think all the African Countries are perfoming up to expectation it's just that a win is still been await. lipsrsealed
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by asanga(m): 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2006
After looking at my crystal ball,I have the following to say the IVORIENS will qualify to the next round while all other African teams are going out in the first round.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by Bibi(m): 6:56pm On Jun 14, 2006
I wonder,

Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2006
excellent Ivorian team, Ghana has been good too but they all lack clinical finishing.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by mukina2: 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2006
now i know the world cup was not meant for africa sad sad sad we really play and played well but we end up losing, its always the same angryStupid passes
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by raphy(m): 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2006
d per4mance of african teams sux it make me sick togo lack a good striker only essien was trying, tunis was bout 2 win but som how mange 2 drew as 4 d ivoirians i bet they can go far like d nation cup cry cry cry embarassed undecided angry
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by food4tot: 8:54pm On Jun 14, 2006
any country in africa is african.

Yes, tunisians could be considered arab. Some arabs are africans some are asians.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by babwilms(m): 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2006
I think the Ghanaians a quite good and they can qualify but they have to work on their two wingers. The strikers needs to start hitting the target.

The Ivorians played well, but i don't think they have enough quality to qualify for the next stage.

The Angolan's, they performed well, infact i was surprised by their performance. They need to play two up front.

I still believe the Tunisians are the best African team in the worldcup.

The Togolese i know nothing about.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by labondy(m): 10:46am On Jun 15, 2006
[b][/b]whichever way we want to look at it,we must all agree that african reps have performed beyond expectation.Though non has won any game so far but non has also been disgraced.

You guys are wonderful in here.I hail o.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by dokey2g(m): 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2006
l was suprise to see Togo,Angola performed beyond our expection because in nija here everybody was saying togo and angola no chance for them even to score a goal in the tournament will hard them.
But so far l'm impressed with thier performers although not sure if they will qualify for the next stage.
l'm not counting the Ivorians,Ghanaians,and the tunisians out of the competition yet,although no wins at the moment but l'm also impress with thier performers.

Let's cheer up the African (Brothers).
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by justin04(m): 11:35pm On Jun 16, 2006
I guess Ivory Coast does not have luck on their side. This team is actually good, if the nucleus of team stays young for the next 4 years, they will go place in South Africa.

Angola played well despite playing 10 men for most of the game against Mexico.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by babwilms(m): 12:30am On Jun 17, 2006
They did not play with 10 men for most of the game. It was like 20 minutes to the end they played with 10 men. The Mexicans should have buried them long time ago. The Angolan wingers are not good enough. Thats their main problem in my point of view. Anyway sha they played ok.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by justin04(m): 2:03am On Jun 17, 2006
20 minutes is a long time to play with 10 men and not giving up a goal.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by otokx(m): 1:27pm On Jun 17, 2006
their goal tender was above average and mexico is not that fantastic.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by justin04(m): 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2006
With Ghana's match today, I have to say African football has improved tremendously. Czech Republic is is suppose to be No 2 ranked team in the world, they sure did not look like it today. Kudos Ghana.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by Bibi(m): 7:46am On Jun 18, 2006
Great result from Ghananians. It was a superb march from start to finish. I watched the review on BBC last night and everybody agreed that Ghana was on rampage. They played mass attack and mass defence with at least 7 people in front or back depending where the ball is. That was physically exhausting for anyone, most especially the Czechs who are injury laden.

I hope they attack the American with the same relish in the last round match.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by otokx(m): 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2006
i wish the black stars plenty of luck in their next game.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by Grizzly(m): 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2006
It came as a lil surprise though, although i tipped ghana to win that match.
Ghana are going to sail through to d second round,
Can i hear an amen to that, grin cool
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by Jalal(m): 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2006
Yeah Ghanas performance was outstanding!!!! I hope they trash the Yankees in their next match!!!!!!!!!
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by justin04(m): 1:45am On Jun 19, 2006
My greatest joy will be to see Ghana to beat USA soundly. The US are getting cocky too, they are thinking Ghana will be a walkover. Cant wait for this match. Apart from Ivory Coast, all other African teams are mathematically still in the competition.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by Grizzly(m): 2:53pm On Jun 19, 2006
they could escape with a draw,
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by justin04(m): 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2006
As of 06/22/2006, this is how I will rate the African teams:

1. Ghana will get an 8 out of 10 for perfomances against Italy and the Czech Republic, a 10 if they could beat USA today.

2. Ivory Coast would be 7, they could have won any of the 3 games they played, sometimes you need luck on your side too. Defense let them down also.

3. Angola is about a 6, nobody expected them to get a point from group matches. The Goalie was superb, kept them in most of the games, they need scorers. Made me wonder what could have been if Nigeria was in their position?

4. Tunisia gets 4 to 5, most african arab countries don't play attacking football, like they are just glad to be among the last 32.

5. Togo is just a disgrace, well serves em right for firing Keshi, I would give them a 2.
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by Jalal(m): 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2006
Ghana must go!!!! Ghana must go!!! Ghana must go to the Quarter or Semi finals!!!
Great performance against USA today in which they won 2-1!!!!!!!!
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by Rhodalyn(f): 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2006
yeah!! they did fantastic!! cheesy kiss kiss but Brazil Is gonna be a tuff match for Ghana sad just look at what they just did to Japan shocked shocked embarassed
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by Rhodalyn(f): 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2006
Bibi:

I hope they attack the American with the same relish in the last round match.
Jalal:

Yeah Ghanas performance was outstanding!!!! I hope they trash the Yankees in their next match!!!!!!!!!
justin04:

My greatest joy will be to see Ghana to beat USA soundly. The US are getting cocky too, they are thinking Ghana will be a walkover. Cant wait for this match.
yeah!! guys!! Ghana Scored against the USA cheesy kiss kiss 2-1 wink
Re: World Cup Performance Of African Soccer Teams by Rhodalyn(f): 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2006
Grizzly:

It came as a lil surprise though, although i tipped ghana to win that match.
Ghana are going to sail through to d second round,
Can i hear an amen to that, grin cool
Amen Grizz! cheesy wink kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Give Us A Smile ( Mario Balotelli )! / Whatsapp Group For NBA Discussions / Best Football Prediction Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.