Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Please Help A Teacher Help His Students. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help A Teacher Help His Students. (832 Views)

Parent's Reply To A Teacher's Comment On Child's School Report Card / See How A Teacher Brutalised His Student / Photo: See A Teacher's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Teacher Help His Students. by kimco(m): 10:16am On Nov 17, 2013
hi guys...i have this problem dat i hope i can help rectify to a certain degree at least. im a national youth personnel in a village in Ghana. been teaching for a week now. my problem is dat these kids can't speak english to save their lives. this makes teaching them so difficult. feels bad dat i cant get thru dem. they are in the junior high level. i was hoping at least dat i cud get a recommendation on some English books dat can help improve their English...reading and writing. like learning English for noobs dat i can use to help make my work dat much easier even a little bit. they dnt even know "come".
Re: Please Help A Teacher Help His Students. by SirTunechi(f): 11:14am On Nov 17, 2013
kimco: hi guys...i have this problem dat i hope i can help rectify to a certain degree at least. im a national youth personnel in a village in Ghana. been teaching for a week now. my problem is dat these kids can't speak english to save their lives. this makes teaching them so difficult. feels bad dat i cant get thru dem. they are in the junior high level. i was hoping at least dat i cud get a recommendation on some English books dat can help improve their English...reading and writing. like learning English for noobs dat i can use to help make my work dat much easier even a little bit. they dnt even know "come".
you should also get a textbook on English for yourself
#team_socrates
Re: Please Help A Teacher Help His Students. by Joyeux: 11:32am On Nov 17, 2013
As a recent graduate of education ,i will advice you to learn their language because that is one of the way you can pass infomation to them.I have faced similar problem and that was how i solved it.
Re: Please Help A Teacher Help His Students. by kimco(m): 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joyeux: As a recent graduate of education ,i will advice you to learn their language because that is one of the way you can pass infomation to them.I have faced similar problem and that was how i solved it.

i already do. the problem is not the info passing...it's da fact dat they have to write assignments and exams in the english language. they may be knowledgeable but they have to prove to the world dat they are and i want them to.
Re: Please Help A Teacher Help His Students. by kimco(m): 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2013
Sir-Tunechi:

you should also get a textbook on English for yourself
#team_socrates

ur contribution is greatly appreciated.....sir tunechi....pray, which particular books do u suggest for me...oh great sir?

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Suspends Strike Next Week – Fagge / Has Uniben Online Clearance Started ? / Advantages Of Studying In Europe!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.