Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,749 members, 7,865,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:43 AM

Sunday's Inspirational Message - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunday's Inspirational Message (398 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome's Inspirational Blog, Does It Hold A Warning? / My Inspirational Message And Quote For The Day. / ~ The Burden ~An Inspirational Message~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sunday's Inspirational Message by senator2k9(m): 12:27pm On Nov 17, 2013
Sometime ago, i went jogging along the express way. I noticed a person in front of me,
about 1/4 of mile. I could tell he was running a little slower than me and i thought ''good, i shall try to catch-up with him''. I had about a mile to go my path before i needed to turn off.
So i started running faster and faster. Every block, i was gaining on him just a little bit. After just a few minutes i was only about 100 yards behind him, so i really picked up the pace and pushed myself. You would have thought i was
running in the last leg of London Olympic competition. I was determined to catch him. Finally, i did it! I caught and passed him by. On the inside i felt so good. "I beat him" of course, he didn't even know we were racing. After i passed him, i realized i had been so focused on competing against him that i had missed my turn. I had gone nearly six blocks past it,and now i had to turn around and go all back...
Isn't that what happens in life when we
focus on competing with co- workers, neighbors, friends, family, trying to outdo
them or trying to prove that we are more successful or more important? We spend our
time and energy running after them and we
miss out on our own paths to our God given
destinies. UNHEALTHY COMPETITION is a never ending cycle. There will always be
somebody ahead of you, someone with better job, nicer car, more money in the bank, more
education, a prettier wife, a more handsome husband, better-behaved children etc. But know this: "You can be the best that you
can be, you are not competing with no one." Some people are insecure because they pay
too much attention to what others are doing, where others are going, what they are wearing and what they drive.
Please Take what God has given you... the
height, weight & personality. Dress well & wear it proudly! You'll be blessed by it. GOD IS ALWAYS MORE THAN ENOUGH. Happy sunday and God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Y Does Pple Said Dat Dey Love God Disobey Him & Said Dey 8 Satan & Obey Him / Deliverance And Forgiveness / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.