Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) - Celebrities (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) (109853 Views)

Peter Okoye & Lola At A Friend's Birthday Dinner (Photos) / Peter Okoye, Lola & Awilo Goof Around... / Very Pissed Off Fans Curse Out Peter Okoye & Lola For Shunning Jude's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by freecocoa(f): 7:53am On Nov 18, 2013
@Manny4life.

My cousins got their titles when they were not even up to 5 years, one was a baby sef when he got his(in Awka) and these days people wear the cap for fashion gan sef, so the same custom doesn't apply everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by safarigirl(f): 7:55am On Nov 18, 2013
adabeke12: .

igbo ppl rather grasp other ppl's culture and spit on theirs than be proud of who they are. i am suprised he didnt dress in Yoruba attire. you have ppl who do traditional marriages in the village who wear agbada for an igbo wedding. SHAME UNTO IGBO PPL. one thing i like about Yoruba ppl is that most are very proud of their culture. I DON TALK MY OWN.

Bla bla bla...una sabi talk plenty crap sha...
1. The lady in question is a yoruba woman and last I checked when u do a traditional wedding it's according to the ladies tradition. Except it's different in your place!
2. What makes that attire a Niger Delta attire? Is it the buttons undecided
3. He did change to an Igbo attire
4. Obviously u need to research more on traditional marriages..u should be complaining that the wedding wasn't Yoruba"ish" enough...

To the ones complaining that the wedding was done in lagos...y'all sound like big empty heads..should he have done it in his village..some of u are very ignorant and tribalistic..I'm Igbo and always fight for my tribe but some Igbos on this thread are really pig headed.

She is Yoruba and since Peter is not the woman the wedding should be a Yoruba wedding..whatever "igboness" in the wedding will be minute!

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by homesteady(m): 8:11am On Nov 18, 2013
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by homesteady(m): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2013
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by mercurie(f): 8:24am On Nov 18, 2013
killuminati: Pls I need answer. When is Genevieve gettin' married?

U can as well marry her nah.
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by Tonniey(m): 8:51am On Nov 18, 2013
AmicableEd: Toke Makinwa looked so hot at the wedding, see more photos here http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/11/photos-from-peter-okoyes-and-lola.html
This wall looks like biochemistry dept in UI. Anyone 2 confirm dis....L̳̿☺Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇☺L̳̿​
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by Djmantana: 8:59am On Nov 18, 2013
Is it usher u peeps r calling peter...dym resemble o.
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 18, 2013
A lot of psychos on this thread, why turning someone wedding into tribal war
Introduction ceremony is what they usually have in the bride family home this days and the owanbe in an hall!
Thank God, peter and lola did not invite this kind of people, they for scatter the wedding grin grin grin
p.s ; they are not the first to have this type of ceremony.
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by Dannylux: 9:57am On Nov 18, 2013
Jesus Christ!!! shocked Una no dey tire? undecided
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by tammie24: 11:37am On Nov 18, 2013
phreakabit:

Aww, sorry! I work in an oil firm, and PROBABLY make more money in a day than you make in a year. . . . I have never bragged about finances before as that is just dumb/shallow. But I just had to get that out. So, cheers. Hope you can turn that frown upside down after reading this. RFLMAO! BTW, this is a forum meaning I can air my views, not necessarily taking swipes at anyone. . . . . Just airing my views. Quit getting all worked up.
haha Oil firm my foot... talk is cheap!!!
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by jawara1: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2013
Cusubaba: Also there is nothing worse than TERRORISTS. Micheal Adeboloja one of the millons Yoruba terrorists in the world that beheaded an innocent young British soldier in London is not bravery but cowardice. When a leader of a coward tribe drank rat poison because of little problem , that means his followers like u would continue to drink rat poison when face little problem.

Just the way agbari ojukwu had a heart attack and died when he realized that the harlot has slept with almost everybody in the government.
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by homesteady(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2013
From Linda Ikeji's blog - undecided strange undecided
I just spoke with P-Square's publicity, Bayo
Adetu, and he confirmed that Jude Okoye was
not at Peter and Lola's wedding yesterday. I
asked why he didn't attend and Mr Adetu said
Jude and some members of P-Square's band
were stuck in Ghana after their Saturday night
show. He said Peter and Paul were able to make
the trip back on Sunday morning but not Jude.
That's the official reason but erm, I don't know
if I believe it. 1, they traveled by private jet
so...how can you get stuck? 2, people have been
writing to me that the music exec was spotted
at different locations in Lagos yesterday, and 3,
Jude posted a pic of himself and Wizkid at Don
Jazzy's Mavin studio on instagram yesterday
and never made mention of the wedding. Really
weird! Hopefully there's good reason for his
missing his own brother's wedding.
And like I said yesterday, Paul was at the
wedding! He just didn't participate in many pic
taking.
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by manny4life(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2013
freecocoa: @Manny4life.

My cousins got their titles when they were not even up to 5 years, one was a baby sef when he got his(in Awka) and these days people wear the cap for fashion gan sef, so the same custom doesn't apply everywhere.

Oh thank you. I thought it applied everywhere, guess everyone is different.
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by manny4life(m): 11:53am On Nov 18, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

Brother I got one too, In IGBO land everybody is a titled man in his Home, you never hear Igbo enwegi Eze

Ok o, I stated what I was passed on, yet what I was taught as what the tradition of my people is... Nsogbu adiro.
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by manny4life(m): 12:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
PocketEconomist: another silky assertion. Why would one not inter marry? Must my wife be from my tribe? This is very common among Igbo people, as my parents and uncles are warning me and my cousins of marriageable age not to marry outside. Trash! We go do am if we like, anybody wey no like am go jump for lagoon. Sorry for derailing the thread.

Shey it's silky assertion, it will soon turn into cottoned assertion...

Your uncles and parents have a reason for telling you that, the Igbo tradition is slowly but surely dying away, in another 100 years or even less, it will be extinct. Often when we marry outside our culture, we tend to overdo things thereby forgetting what binds us together - culture and tradition. For instance, what's traditional about Peter's marriage? Nothing. You call that traditional abi? Or shey Peter doesn't have umunna that should have led him right since their parents are no more? People should continue deceiving themselves, there's nothing wrong with intermarriage, as long as we uphold our responsibility. We are custodians of our culture, when we lack in our duty, everything FAILS.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by MsSpaqs(f): 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
@Manny4life his Dad is still alive,he lost only his mom
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by Merkki(f): 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by manny4life(m): 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ms Spaqs: @Manny4life his Dad is still alive,he lost only his mom

Huh?

It was speculated they were orphans after their mother passed, so which one is that their father is alive? embarassed

Anyway, thank you for the correction...
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
grin
manny4life:

Shey it's silky assertion, it will soon turn into cottoned assertion...

Your uncles and parents have a reason for telling you that, the Igbo tradition is slowly but surely dying away, in another 100 years or even less, it will be extinct. Often when we marry outside our culture, we tend to overdo things thereby forgetting what binds us together - culture and tradition. For instance, what's traditional about Peter's marriage? Nothing. You call that traditional abi? Or shey Peter doesn't have umunna that should have led him right since their parents are no more? People should continue deceiving themselves, there's nothing wrong with intermarriage, as long as we uphold our responsibility. We are custodians of our culture, when we lack in our duty, everything FAILS.
yeaah right. Culture is dying my foot! Life is about choice. If you like, do if you don't whatever. Fterll, this culture you are talking about did not come from heaven, it was a group of people who chosse to live in a certain way. So everyone has the choice to live the way he wants to. With reespect to marriage, on a lighter note, my cousin married a hausa girl he met while serving in Kano. All hell was let loose, but he survived it. Now my immediate cousin wan follow suit yoruba girl...
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by homesteady(m): 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
manny4life:

Huh?

It was speculated they were orphans after their mother passed, so which one is that their father is alive? embarassed

Anyway, thank you for the correction...
Their dad is still alive! I heard that he has a bakery in Jos!
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by manny4life(m): 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
homesteady:
Their dad is still alive! I heard that he has a bakery in Jos!

Thanks again. I was wrong, so now I know... Their father is alive and well.
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by Dannylux: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
I never knew his dad lives oh LOL!
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by manny4life(m): 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
PocketEconomist: grin yeaah right. Culture is dying my foot! Life is about choice. If you like, do if you don't whatever. Fterll, this culture you are talking about did not come from heaven, it was a group of people who chosse to live in a certain way. So everyone has the choice to live the way he wants to. With reespect to marriage, on a lighter note, my cousin married a hausa girl he met while serving in Kano. All hell was let loose, but he survived it. Now my immediate cousin wan follow suit yoruba girl...

Don't know if I should call you oga or madam, whichever, here's my gist, we tend to go overboard with this. The day of repayment is coming along. God bless your cousin's marriage, I imagine what kinda of hell broke because I've experienced it. Again, people have every right to react how they choose, I'm not against intermarriage, what I'm angry is that we often forget what defines us. Anyway, carry go but as for me, I'm keeping it in-house, God bless your future union with whomever you decide to marry. It is well, oga di mma.. cool

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by TharyeS(m): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
tyson99:
Bros i dey do gun rentals,in case it is needed grin
i'v lotta guns. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by oladelei: 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
Airforce1: 2 years warranty marriage
bad belle na till death
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by homesteady(m): 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by hydrocarbon(m): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
Shuuuu after all the flenchorin and all one not,so na the woman be this She's just not the pretty lady I expected of him though,,all the same HML.
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by anitank(f): 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
hydrocarbon: Shuuuu after all the flenchorin and all one not,so na the woman be this She's just not the pretty lady I expected of him though,,all the same HML.
He loves her like that! Eat your heart out tongue
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by adabeke12(f): 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
safarigirl:

Bla bla bla...una sabi talk plenty crap sha...
1. The lady in question is a yoruba woman and last I checked when u do a traditional wedding it's according to the ladies tradition. Except it's different in your place!
2. What makes that attire a Niger Delta attire? Is it the buttons undecided
3. He did change to an Igbo attire
4. Obviously u need to research more on traditional marriages..u should be complaining that the wedding wasn't Yoruba"ish" enough...

To the ones complaining that the wedding was done in lagos...y'all sound like big empty heads..should he have done it in his village..some of u are very ignorant and tribalistic..I'm Igbo and always fight for my tribe but some Igbos on this thread are really pig headed.

She is Yoruba and since Peter is not the woman the wedding should be a Yoruba wedding..whatever "igboness" in the wedding will be minute!

honey when a Yoruba man comes to marry an igbo woman in her villa..... you need to c their getup, their ppl represent hun!some igbo ppl do not know how to represent at all. I most definitly feel bad for ppl with your mindset hun. ARU!
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by tpia5: 5:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
Why was the groom not in agbada at the wedding?

They had better publish a picture of themselves in full agbada, cap and iro and buba, abi is he playing ni?
Re: Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo's Traditional Wedding (Pictures) by manny4life(m): 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
tpia@:
Why was the groom not in agbada at the wedding?

They had better publish a picture of themselves in full agbada, cap and iro and buba, abi is he playing ni?

For your mind na, go and force agbada on him...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Kunle Remi: Adesua Etomi Dated & Left Actor For Banky W (Photos) / See The Ending Story Of Archana And Manav - Pavitra Rishta "Indian Soap Opera" / Wizkid Defiled Linda Ikeji's Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.