Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). (2009 Views)

INEC Declares Ife Central Constituency Election Inconclusive / Inec Declares Kogi State Election Inconclusive / INEC Declares Taraba State Governorship Election Inconclusive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by fitnesswis: 7:20am On Nov 18, 2013
LIVE IN AWKA NOW AT THE INEC OFFICE Opposite Ekwueme Square, Aroma Awka Anambra State.
INEC Teamhas held a brief Press COnference Right now saying that the Number of Invalid Votes is thus higher than the number of Casted Votes.
In further Enumaration Anambra has 1,714,341 Registered Voters but total valid votes recorded is not more than 250,000.
Hence the Election has been declared inconclusive and a later date will be made known to conduct election in areas where it was not conducted properly.

Below is an official report from Sahara Reporters on this:
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of Nigeria could not declare a winner in the Saturday elections in Anambra State even as it released results showing the candidate of APGA , Willie Obiano was leading.

INEC returning officer told reporters that the commission will hold supplementary elections in area where elections were canceled as a result of logistic problem.

The election was therefore declared inconclusive because, according to INEC, the number of canceled ballots far exceeded the margin of victory in the election. INEC did not reveal the date it planned to conduct the supplementary elections.

Meanwhile three major candidates in the election namely Chris Ngige (APC), Tony Nwoye (PDP) and Ifeanyi Ubah (LP) have renewed their call for the total cancelation of the election.

The candidates stated in a press statement today that since the Chairman of INEC, Attahiru Jega, had publicly admitted that the election were compromised due to sabotage by INEC officials, the commission to organize fresh elections.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/inec-declares-anambra-gubernatorial-poll-inconclusive-hold-supplementary-election-across-s

NOTE: ATTACHED TO THIS IS THE RESULT SHEET.

Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by fitnesswis: 7:25am On Nov 18, 2013
NOTE: ATTACHED TO THIS IS THE RESULT SHEET....

Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by fitnesswis: 7:33am On Nov 18, 2013
MOD front page for Nigerians to know the latest on the anambra 2013 election.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by Yeske2(m): 7:56am On Nov 18, 2013
250,000 valid votes out of 1.7m registered voters, this alone is enough to cancel this charade called election.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by fitnesswis: 8:04am On Nov 18, 2013
Election will be held in 7 days in the locations where there was problems.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by fitnesswis: 8:19am On Nov 18, 2013
we are getting information of planned huge protests today and they will be calling for outright cancellation of the election result.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by Kingsley1000(m): 8:24am On Nov 18, 2013
The whole exercise should be totally cancelled and postponed.,..apga members just bought all voters card in pooling boots,is that the way election being conducted?no true democracy!
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:27am On Nov 18, 2013
Billions of naire gone down the drain without result, billions of naire will still be required to conduct the election again yet Nigerian masses are taking said with these crook and brainless politicians whose ideologies is to impoverished us till eternity. Am sad. I ve no faith in Nigeria.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by nedu2000(m): 8:27am On Nov 18, 2013
Maybe the 2015 national elections should be in batches,'cos the Jega-led INEC seem incapable or better still let's find someone else to lead INEC

1 Like

Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 18, 2013
Inconclusive, only one state out of 36 o? But y s there prblm n dat Idemili area? bcus I learnt it takes at most one hour to move frm INEC office to d Idemili and roads are very good!
2015, there will b war in d land!
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 18, 2013
wazoboy: Inconclusive, only one state out of 36 o? But y s there prblm n dat Idemili area? bcus I learnt it takes at most one hour to move frm INEC office to d Idemili and roads are very good!
It was undermined to be that way in order to perpetuate fraud.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by nedu2000(m): 8:44am On Nov 18, 2013
wazoboy: Inconclusive, only one state out of 36 o? But y s there prblm n dat Idemili area? bcus I learnt it takes at most one hour to move frm INEC office to d Idemili and roads are very good!
INEC officials arrived at nkpor as late as 3:30pm,despite d fact that d road was free & bare due to the election
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:56am On Nov 18, 2013
I have lost faith in INEC!
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by fitnesswis: 9:00am On Nov 18, 2013
The Election needs to be cancelled out rightly.
Imagine a polling unit that has over 340 registered voters only 35 saw their name on the list and those 35 are apga people.
Really INEC messed up big time in this one.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 18, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:
I have lost faith in Nigeria!
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 18, 2013
fitnesswis: The Election needs to be cancelled out rightly.
Imagine a polling unit that has over 340 registered voters only 35 saw their name on the list and those 35 are apga people.
Really INEC messed up big time in this one.
Was this supposed to be a joke? Only 35 saw their names? gringrin
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by Judek2(m): 9:11am On Nov 18, 2013
I have lost fate in (S)elections..
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by juman(m): 9:16am On Nov 18, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:

INEC conducted the election badly.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by fitnesswis: 9:16am On Nov 18, 2013
payless: Was this supposed to be a joke? Only 35 saw their names? gringrin
it happened at adagbe in abagana even myself didnt see my name on the list while i voted in the last senate elections.
imagine.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:21am On Nov 18, 2013
payless: Was this supposed to be a joke? Only 35 saw their names? gringrin

Everything was systematically prearranged before the election. That JEGA has won himself the Worst Election Umpire Nigeria ever had. smh!
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 18, 2013
This is why politicians don't care about the masses when they get into office. Imagine this kind of systemic rigging. The electorates had no say!! How shameful for INEC. A better Nigeria starts with then! They have to give Nigerians a credible election period!
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by fitnesswis: 9:32am On Nov 18, 2013
Nigeria needs to be above all these.
i recommend electronic voting.
Which will be done with our Bank ATM Cards. i think with it nothing like rigging.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by aventura: 9:36am On Nov 18, 2013
The blood of dogs and baboons will be soaked in alomo. cool cool
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by juman(m): 9:56am On Nov 18, 2013
fitnesswis: Nigeria needs to be above all these.
i recommend electronic voting.
Which will be done with our Bank ATM Cards. i think with it nothing like rigging.

You are right.

But nothing works in this senseless one nigeria.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by fitnesswis: 10:08am On Nov 18, 2013
Thats why we are so backward.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by gerald09(m): 11:07am On Nov 18, 2013
I agree the election shuld be cancelled. This is to show that rigging election aint as ezy as it use to be, imagine during d PDP era, rigging was live riding a bicycle. Now ever1 wants change n like it or not 1 day election in africa will be free and fair. ABGA has to do better than bribing INEC officials or the people if they want to win dis, dats old skool now PDP, APC and LP are bribing INEC officials n d people, n u back to square 1.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by fitnesswis: 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
[email][/email]
gerald09: I agree the election shuld be cancelled. This is to show that rigging election aint as ezy as it use to be, imagine during d PDP era, rigging was live riding a bicycle. Now ever1 wants change n like it or not 1 day election in africa will be free and fair. ABGA has to do better than bribing INEC officials or the people if they want to win dis, dats old skool now PDP, APC and LP are bribing INEC officials n d people, n u back to square 1.

you got it right.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by fitnesswis: 12:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
APC people are now live at Finotel planning on what next to do.
PDP likewise in Cosmila planning on what next also.
I smell a large crowd protest.
Re: Official-live In Awka: Inec Declares Anambra Election Inconclusive (photos). by OAM4J: 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2013

(1)

Who Is JERRY GANA? / Mu’azu, Others Ruined Jonathan’s Chances – Fani Kayode / El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.