Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,842 members, 7,851,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:13 AM

Kill These Blogging Habits Of Yours Before They Kill You! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Kill These Blogging Habits Of Yours Before They Kill You! (485 Views)

What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging / Dummy Post Title / Thread For All Your Blogging Related Problems Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kill These Blogging Habits Of Yours Before They Kill You! by bizfirst: 9:14am On Nov 18, 2013
Blogging is a noble profession. However, of late, many persons simply abandon their blogs to rot...and after the domain name expires, never bother to renew it. What could make one quit a blog:

1. Poor Grammar: When you write like some grade kid, then obviously, blogging isn't your thing. You may work yourself to death, but the much desired readers would only run away. Solution? Improve your English, make it simple but smart and eloquent...you'd be surprised how your traffic will take a forward start.

2. Ignorance About Your Subject Matter/ Copy & Paste Syndrome: It is only logical that when you've got nothing to write on your own, you simply go, copy and paste! But once I read an piece on Bella Naija, I don't appreciate that same piece on Linda Ikeji. So, if one blog covers it first, it's got my respects for that day! Go figure! The truth about copy and paste syndrome is that bloggers simply run out of ideas. Instead of taking time to generate new ones, they simply go, copy! Solution? Google is your friend. When you don't have any idea about a topic but still want to blog about it, simply Google it - it makes far more sense than simply producing trash in the name of content.

3. Quit Being Proud: It's your readers that will make or mar you. When you treat your readers like some piece of poo, great chances are that thy'll make sure they reciprocate the gesture...you become the poo! Solution? Answer all emails and questions, no matter how stupid, help the newbies etc.

4. Go Get A Better Blog Design! As simple as this may seem, many a blogger have themes that are the worst anyone would ever dream of. The navigation around such blogs is extremely poor and as a result, before you find your bearings, you've got a headache already. What to do? Change that blog design of yours. If you cannot get a better one yourself, go premium and hire an expert! You'll be happy you made that investment many years from now!

Want to read more? Check the post out: http://notopoverty.com/quitting-blogging-quit-these-habits-of-yours-first/
Re: Kill These Blogging Habits Of Yours Before They Kill You! by omoelu1(m): 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
very nice nd educative piece, especially thr copy n paste thing (i don't just know why i dont like it). meanwhile, u can spare some minutes of ur time and check my blog and say one or two things about it. d blog is just 3 monthd old.
the blog address is www.sdknaija.com
thanks
Re: Kill These Blogging Habits Of Yours Before They Kill You! by bizfirst: 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
omoelu1: very nice nd educative piece, especially thr copy n paste thing (i don't just know why i dont like it). meanwhile, u can spare some minutes of ur time and check my blog and say one or two things about it. d blog is just 3 monthd old.
the blog address is www.sdknaija.com
thanks

The concept behind your blog is great...however, the design is quite poor. It looks clumsy, unprofessional and difficult to navigate.

I suggest moving it to Wordpress, getting a solid theme and getting to serious work.

If you can do these things on your own, fine. If you need help doing them, hit: info@notopoverty.com and I'll be glad to help out!
Re: Kill These Blogging Habits Of Yours Before They Kill You! by great664(m): 11:17am On Nov 19, 2013
Thanks for your post i really enjoyed it, pls help check my blog design and tell me what you think and where i need to improve, http://ask9ja..com thanks for your time
Re: Kill These Blogging Habits Of Yours Before They Kill You! by amjf(m): 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
Kindly review mine

www.geekshall.com

(1) (Reply)

Need Help On MCSE And MCITP Materials And Dumps. / *help Please* Uploading Files(booking Engine) To My Site. / Learn How To Import Form China To Nigeria Free Of Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.