Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota (18618 Views)

Trailer Crushes Tricycle Passenger In Lagos (photo) / LAWMA Truck Crushes Four SUV Cars At 1004 Estate,VI,Lagos(pics) / Several Dead As Trailer Crushes Commercial Bus At Ketu, Lagos (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
akereconfi: Even if there was a Pedestrian Bridge, how many of you will use it, we Nigerians prefer to cross the road that take the Pedestrian Bridge.......................RIP to the Dead.

too bad
Exactly, witnessed one by 7up dis mornin whre a vehicle killed a man, dat was jst by a footbridge o. may God av mercy on us.
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by MagicBishop: 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
If we charge 50 naira per pedestrian for using the bridge and fine those who opt out 100,000 naira or 18 months jail term or both we stand to make at least 50 million naira per day across Lagos.

Lets get to work!

4 Likes

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by Nja147: 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
May their soul rest in perfect peace, all that matter to the government is to collect toll fees. from that axis Jakande, VGC Junction and Ajah round about needs fly over bridges not round about. Lagos is working, government use masses cash to build road for them(Toll gate) same masses will still pay taxes to Lagos state government.

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by MagicBishop: 2:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
we can have at least 30 bridges on Ikorodu road alone.

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by MagicBishop: 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
I will handle the toll company and the fining unit

5 Likes

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by MagicBishop: 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ehh but we have to build the bridges first

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by Iceman296: 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
casgal: Exactly, witnessed one by 7up dis mornin whre a vehicle killed a man, dat was jst by a footbridge o. may God av mercy on us.
This Morning Again?? Something needs to be done Asap

RIP to the Innocent Kids!
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by MagicBishop: 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
what happened to the ones that are on ground?

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by Chuks80: 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
etudaddy: There is serious crisis in Ikota area of Lagos as touts, otherwise known as area boys, are clashing with policemen. Trouble started after a trailer crushed four pupils on their way to school.
May God grant these innocent souls eternal rest. +
Update: 10:23am

Police now shooting teargas.

Protesters say they will not leave until Fashola comes. They lament that if a pedestrian bridge was available, such accident would not have occurred.

More details later

http://www.punchng.com/news/chaos-in-ikota-lagos-as-trailer-crushes-four-school-kids/
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by MagicBishop: 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
but they may not be enuff

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by MagicBishop: 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
then more fines will be coming in

3 Likes

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hey Jesus o! 4 kids.... cry May their young innocent souls RIP

This is not the time to start trading blames and why mention Fashola's name here?
Afterall in most of all the other busier experssways with pedestrian crossings, how many are actually being used I see people EVERYDAY i drive along Ikorodu road play Russian roulette with their lives! If Fash likes, construct a pedestrian bridge every 20 secs along Ikota road, some peole will still cross the road and get hit! tongue tongue
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by MagicBishop: 2:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
Magic Bishop: then more fines will be coming in

jagaban! my godfather!

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by waldigit: 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
akereconfi: Even if there was a Pedestrian Bridge, how many of you will use it, we Nigerians prefer to cross the road that take the Pedestrian Bridge.......................RIP to the Dead.

too bad

Though its not good not to use over head bridge. Yet I think its hightime govt begin to consider underpass pedestrian crossing instead. Esp for new roads being constructed. As a town planner I know several coleagues in public and private practice must hv been advising govt. With no success.
Underpass is more convinient to use and. Saver. Its underground easy to climb with few step risers, no risk of falling down, no problem of height fright, disable pple can use, old pple can use, sick pple can use children can use without fear. If proprly manged by prvate sector it will work with no security and health issues. These are the reason pple don't like to use overhead.

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by Sike(m): 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
SmH
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by Fullstack38: 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
Fashola is working but kids don die now because there is not PD bridge for God sake ... akota for that mata !!!...!!!

I wonder how dem parent go feell ... early in the morning cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Oh Allah help me make dere parents happy sad
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by bukatyne(f): 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
RIP to the kids cry embarassed

Ajah, Ikota, Igboefon and Agungi need pedestrian bridges ASAP

Unfortunately, it seems one is being constructed at VGC
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by Meekmind(m): 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2013
etudaddy: There is serious crisis in Ikota area of Lagos as touts, otherwise known as area boys, are clashing with policemen. Trouble started after a trailer crushed four pupils on their way to school.

Protesters say they will not leave until Fashola comes. They lament that if a pedestrian bridge was available, such accident would not have occurred.

More details later

http://www.punchng.com/news/chaos-in-ikota-lagos-as-trailer-crushes-four-school-kids/
So pathetic...innocent kids bearing d brunt of a failed government! I feel 4 dere parents
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by portable11: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2013

More details later

Rip to them,so pathetic
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by enioladeran: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
RIP to the kids.
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
too bad.gone too soon.
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
Traffic in that area no be am.

Even if there was a free ride across the road, nigerians, especially lagosians no go use am.

At the chevron roundaboutI, almsot ran over 2 female tossers some 2 hours ago who thought it right to cross the road just by the roundabout.

Cars almost ran into me as I swerved and then tried to stop.. All they did was smile.
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by owabor(f): 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Am sure its Dangote trailer. RIP to those innocent kids
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by redsun(m): 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
i saw some nigerians skate surfing on fast moving vehicles on busy and dangerous lagos in the news yesterday.How that can be allowed in a state where there re so many traffic task forces and police is baffling.

I agree they are very skillful and daring,but their talents could be used better for entertainment and money making.
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by yungboss(m): 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
May their souls rest in peace, what a sad day for their Families.
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by arimahoseloka(m): 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2013
Some of these trailer drivers are reckless. They drive with the beleif that they own d road and nobody should compete with them, cos they know if an accident happens it is the smaller car that will suffer..
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by faithinnaija: 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2013
may their souls rest in peace.
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by primusmaximus: 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
Any Update?? Is the road still blocked?
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by babybird82(f): 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
primus_maximus: Any Update?? Is the road still blocked?

The road is opened to traffic now.
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by primusmaximus: 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
babybird82:

The road is opened to traffic now.
Thanks. I was wondering how I'll get home today
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by campos2012: 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
Pls help us tell lagos state govt. We don't need round about we need pedestrian bridge alone Lekki and Ajah axis. And pls you pple should reason with me all this stuffs happening along ikota and ajah area is ritually incline the evil men and women living in all this manipulating and sucking blood with this road no time u we not get new of accident in this areas, emerge a place souls were lost u come there , you won't see the trace of blood on the ground tomorrow now you we see them driving big and expensive cars around. May God help us we living in this land of ritualist and devils incarnant in and around ikota and Ajah. Also nigeria police don't help matters they came there and started shotting killing another small kid and injured two boys who came to protest our police should be educated on how to manage crisises. Thanks for reading
Re: Trailer Crushes Four Kids To Death At Ikota by Reachyrich(f): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Do You Spend On Your Car's Scheduled Maintenance? / Peugeot Unveils N2million Electric Mountain Bicycle With In-frame Battery / ......20w50 Oil Does More Harm To Your Engine if it is not needed ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.