Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku (1375 Views)

Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement / APC Ask Ekiti Civil Servants To Blame PDP For Non Payment Of July Salary / Fashola Rips Goodluck To Shreds! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by businessMODE(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2013
The APC head of publicity Alhaji Lai
Mohammed have this to say

“The fact that Maku is of the Eggon ethnic stock, to which the Ombatse ethnic militia group behind the Nasarawa crisis has been
linked, has made his new role as the supervising Minister of Defence untenable.”

“This is why we believe that the most prudent thing to do is for President Goodluck Jonathan to immediately take the Defence Ministry portfolio from Maku. This is in line with international best practices.”

The APC chieftain also alleged that the
Information Minister himself could not
address the matters by the unguarded
comments he made in an interview he
granted the BBC recently, in which he
hinted that the Governor Al-Makura’s
could not initiate any dialogue with
stakeholders as a way of bribing the
endless crisis across the state.

“He had tried to down play the major role that the state government has played in
curtailing the activities of the outlawed
Ombatse men/ethnic militia that has
engaged in senseless killings and
plundering in the state.”

read details of the accusation >>>www.poshh.org/forums/topic/apc-ask-goodluck-to-sack-labaran-maku/
Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by Dpeacemaker101: 1:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Lai Mohammed has now turned to an adviser to the presidents,I don't understand why people don't remove logs in their eyes before tell other about theirs. Have you finished solving problems in APC,before looking for who to advise. You people won't just allow the FG do their work,all you know is to look for any way to apportion blames and who to sack,but I tell you that you have failed. Maku is still one of the best ministers this country has ever produced,and I believe he has been doing carrying out his duties diligently. Ride on Maku, tell them the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by Vanityupnvanity(m): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
coolwatching keenly at the new dimention issues are turning
Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by 9jaBrid(m): 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
APC always looking for cheap recognition. Mtchew!!!!!!!!
Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by Nuzo1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
Most APC members are very intelligent political pundits. But their undoing is once they discover a political strategy, they become too noisy about it to the extent of wiping up sentiments from "independents".

Lai and co very well know that mr Maku is going to be a threat to APC's Al-makura's gubernatorial ambition in 2015. They need Maku be made powerless, irrelevant and uninfluential before then.

Its a very deadly and winning combination to be an influential minister in Nigeria and an indigene of a very powerful Eggon ethnic group in Nasarawa state.
Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by sakaguchi(m): 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
And federal government ask APC to oust Buhari because he is from the same ethnic stock as Boko Haram the international terrorist group.

5 Likes

Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by businessMODE(m): 10:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nuzo':
Most APC members are very intelligent political pundits. But their undoing is once they discover a political strategy, they become too noisy about it to the extent of wiping up sentiments from "independents".

Lai and co very well know that mr Maku is going to be a threat to APC's Al-makura's gubernatorial ambition in 2015. They need Maku be made powerless, irrelevant and uninfluential before then.

Its a very deadly and winning combination to be an influential minister in Nigeria and an indigene of a very powerful Eggon ethnic group in Nasarawa state.

you certainly are on point...so Far as I know, CPC won election in Nasarawa when they lost in Katsina and other core Northern states because the people were fedup with Doma...now Almakura knowing that these same people can vote him out decides to look for the biggest threat which he found in Maku... thus victimizing his ethnic group and picthing them against Alago another major ethnic group is his divide and rule tactics
Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by businessMODE(m): 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
sakaguchi: And federal government ask APC to oust Buhari because he is from the same ethnic stock as Boko Haram the international terrorist group.

hmmmm Buhari is something else when it comes to Nigerian politics...he's still running his mouth even when APC ask him not to make any comments...check out his rescent speech in Kano where he went on with his usual instigatuon of Northernerns against government >>> read all of his speech poshh.org/forums/topic/why-buhari-cant-be-president-in-nigeria/
Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by divatosin(f): 12:00am On Nov 19, 2013
If I were Lai Mohammed, I will focus on the humiliating defeat that his party suffered in Anambra over the weekend.
APC are just a bunch of noisemakers. What is his business with the appointee of a President whom he labels as clueless?
Nigerians are not gullible. They can reason on their own. They know that it's all politics and Maku is a threat to APC in Nassarawa state.

1 Like

Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by Puntae: 12:22am On Nov 19, 2013
Somebody should tell Lai Mohammed that he has ran out of steam and should keep quiet for the following reasons:

1. Maku is information Minister and not the IG of police or service chief.
2. His role as supervisory minister of Defence Is temporal and purely administrative.
3. He is not the Governor of Nassarawa state whoose primary role is the protection of lives and property of Nassarawa citizens.
4. He is also not the National Security Advicer nor chief of Army staff.
5. He is an Eggon indegene but he has not been linked with the Ombatse group at all

1 Like

Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by Mandelaguy(m): 12:51am On Nov 19, 2013
Nuzo':

You analysed the politics accurately. At the root of the Ombatse group lies a struggle for the people of Eggon to emerge Governor in 2015.
Gov Al Makura of APC is not comfortable with that development and wants to drag Lanaran Maku, who is the most influential politiciam in that area, to mud. He has engaged Lai Mohammed to execute the hatchet job hence this press release.

1 Like

Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by Bukkyade: 1:02am On Nov 19, 2013
Maku is one of my Favourite and performing Ministers in the present administration. Even if you are an avowed hater of this administration, you can't help but admire the passion and committment with which he drives public information management.
Labaran Maku has a good way of addressing the public on the transformational agenda of Jonathan. I watched the ministerial platform and enjoyed his presentations all through the event.

2 Likes

Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by Arobam: 1:39am On Nov 19, 2013
I quite understand the antics of APC. This is an escapist strategy to divert attention from the incompetence of Gov Tanko Al Makura of Nassarawa state. Since Al Makura assumed office, the state has witnessed a downturn in every sector. Security situation has worsened and the state keeps moving from one crisis to another. There is no visible upgrade of infrastructure in the state yet APC is busy playing politics with the state.
The People of Nassarawa state can't wait to kick out Gov Al Makura from office and they see Labaran Maku as a credible alternative. All these write ups are politically motivated to tarnish the Minister's image ahead of 2015

3 Likes

Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by Dollarman101: 1:42am On Nov 19, 2013
9jaBrid: APC always looking for cheap recognition. Mtchew!!!!!!!!

grin And cheap popularity they won't get
Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 19, 2013
business MODE :
The APC head of publicity Alhaji Lai
Mohammed have this to say

“The fact that Maku is of the Eggon ethnic stock, to which the Ombatse ethnic militia group behind the Nasarawa crisis has been
linked, has made his new role as the supervising Minister of Defence untenable.”
/
I never knew this man was this dumb.

1 Like

Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by Unblockable: 7:15am On Nov 19, 2013
So I really know why Maku is still there?? Does Maku know anything about defence/security??
Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by israel007: 7:19am On Nov 19, 2013
They should sack liar mumumade

1 Like

Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by Elueme: 7:34am On Nov 19, 2013
Just when you think this APC should be mature as an opposition( party) they disappoint by telling you they are only good at being a pressure group grin grin.
Just when I want to give them the benefit of being decorum and serious minded, this liar called Mohammed in his characteristic uncouthness proved me dead wrong.
The fear of Maku has now become APC's beginning of wisdom that they are now presidential advisers in ministerial affairs, what a shame. Al-Makura and his surrogates are scared of the risen portfolio and influence of Maku hence this unsolicited advice.
My sincere admonition to these political harlots is change of tactics. This negative politics and propaganda is dealing dirty blows on theming Nigerians are seing them through and through.

1 Like

Re: Apc Ask Goodluck To Sack Labaran Maku by businessMODE(m): 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
Unblockable: So I really know why Maku is still there?? Does Maku know anything about defence/security??

Maku is a journalist not a security expert...but what you should know is that he is just supervising ...the ministry have other defence experts...Goodluck didn't read political science or public administration so

(1) (Reply)

: FINALLY! Lagos Pastor Set For Sambisa Forest To Bring The Girls Back / African Historical Ruins Never Seen On Tv - On Youtube ! Mindblowing ! Education / Removal Of Tambuwal's Security Details. GEJ is right.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.