Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl (1966 Views)

APC Replaces Oshiomhole As Head Of Committee To Conduct Bayelsa Guber Primary / Bayelsa Guber: Contest Like No Other / Anambra Guber Contest: Sincere 9gerian Vindicated Yet Again!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
Following the crushing defeat suffered by APC in the Anambra election, the battle has now shifted to the print and electronic media. There is currently an ongoing, systematic and well funded campaign in the media to rubbish and discredit the Anambra election.

But let me begin by setting the records straight with some established FACTS. What were the challenges INEC encountered in the Anambra election? Were these challenges also noted in other elections, including those won by APC and hailed in the media as free and fair?

The 3 major challenges INEC encountered in the Anambra elections include:

1. Late arrival of election materials to some polling stations. Was this not present in past elections, including that won by APC? In the last Edo guber election for instance, late arrival of materials in some parts of Edo so serious that, before the results was out, Oshiomole lambasted Prof Jega and called for his resignation. But immediately ACN was announced winner of that election, ACN commended the election and all was well again.
http://www.punchng.com/news/late-arrival-of-materials-fake-voter-register-mar-election/
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/14/updates-edo-governorship-election-2012/
http://premiumtimesng.com/politics/93471-live-updates-edo-governorship-election-2012.html

2. Missing names on the voters register. Was there no incidents of missing names on the voters register in previous elections? The fact is, incidents of missing names on voters register has always been reported for every election, including the last Edo election (see the links above)

3. Supplementary election. Is this the first time INEC is having a supplementary election to conclude an inconclusive election? The election that made Ngige a senator was concluded in a supplementary election. The election that brought Rochas to power was concluded in a supplementary election.

Having established the above facts, why then is Tinubu and his slaves in the print and electronic media crying more than the bereaved? Why are they crying over the decision of Anambra people to remain with APGA? Anambrarians have not complained that their mandate was stolen (besides the hired 100 women that protested on Sunday). In fact it was reported that there was jubilation in Awka immediately news filtered in that APGA had established an unassailable lead. So why is Tinubu and his goons in the media bent on imposing their wishes on Anambra people?

In conclusion, the ongoing media campaign to rubbish the Anambra election by Tinubu slaves and vultures is DEAD ON ARRIVAL. Anambra election has been won and lost. Ndi-Anambra have spoken. They have chosen their leader for the next 4 years.

13 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by talktimi(m): 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Came across an APC e-thug who had clocked 16+ hrs on nairaland despite just registering on the 15th november this year. They've really been busy o

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by Jmain: 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
talktimi: Came across an APC e-thug who had clocked 16+ hrs on nairaland despite just registering on the 15th november this year. They've really been busy o

Lolz . . . . . grin . . .Man must wack .. . . The hustle continues . . . . cool
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by Gorrbachev: 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
Losers on the prowl? yeah, you've been opening threads all over the place even with supposed APC "supporter" monikers.
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by talktimi(m): 8:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
Jmain:

Lolz . . . . . grin . . .Man must wack .. . . The hustle continues . . . . cool
if you think say na lie, look for Atlanticbreeze and check his profile. The manchi na one of the real laptop d**s wey dey this forum grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by Jmain: 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
talktimi: if you think say na lie, look for Atlanticbreeze and check his profile. The manchi na one of the real laptop d**s wey dey this forum grin

Na over time things him dey do . . .I knew you were talking about him. We no be learner Na . . . .. grin
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
Gorrbachev: Losers on the prowl? yeah, you've been opening threads all over the place even with supposed APC "supporter" monikers.
I have only opened 2 threads in the last 4 days or so. Check the spelling of the ID properly
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by stebell(m): 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
Congrats to de gud people of Anambra state who hv stood for justice.
I will wanna say it is justice well served.
I don't kno if APC was dreaming wen they saw Ngige winning Anambra.
Well I tink someone shud wake them frm their slumber.
Next on the agenda is dat ram called Okoroacha.
As for me I'm praying seriously that gov Amaechi decamp. I don't kno wat is keeping him.

Long live de gud peeps of Anambra
Long live my South Eastern brodas
Long live GEJ till 2019
Long live Naija

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by MayorofLagos(m): 9:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Following the crushing defeat suffered by APC in the Anambra election, the battle has now shifted to the print and electronic media. There is currently an ongoing, systematic and well funded campaign in the media to rubbish and discredit the Anambra election.

But let me begin by setting the records straight with some established FACTS. What were the challenges INEC encountered in the Anambra election? Were these challenges also noted in other elections, including those won by APC and hailed in the media as free and fair?

The 3 major challenges INEC encountered in the Anambra elections include:

1. Late arrival of election materials to some polling stations. Was this not present in past elections, including that won by APC? In the last Edo guber election for instance, late arrival of materials in some parts of Edo so serious that, before the results was out, Oshiomole lambasted Prof Jega and called for his resignation. But immediately ACN was announced winner of that election, ACN commended the election and all was well again.
http://www.punchng.com/news/late-arrival-of-materials-fake-voter-register-mar-election/
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/14/updates-edo-governorship-election-2012/
http://premiumtimesng.com/politics/93471-live-updates-edo-governorship-election-2012.html

2. Missing names on the voters register. Was there no incidents of missing names on the voters register in previous elections? The fact is, incidents of missing names on voters register has always been reported for every election, including the last Edo election (see the links above)

3. Supplementary election. Is this the first time INEC is having a supplementary election to conclude an inconclusive election? The election that made Ngige a senator was concluded in a supplementary election. The election that brought Rochas to power was concluded in a supplementary election.

Having established the above facts, why then is Tinubu and his slaves in the print and electronic media crying more than the bereaved? Why are they crying over the decision of Anambra people to remain with APGA? Anambrarians have not complained that their mandate was stolen (besides the hired 100 women that protested on Sunday). In fact it was reported that there was jubilation in Awka immediately news filtered in that APGA had established an unassailable lead. So why is Tinubu and his goons in the media bent on imposing their wishes on Anambra people?

In conclusion, the ongoing media campaign to rubbish the Anambra election by Tinubu slaves and vultures is DEAD ON ARRIVAL. Anambra election has been won and lost. Ndi-Anambra have spoken. They have chosen their leader for the next 4 years.

It is important to look at where the country has been, where it is presently and where it will be 4yrs from now, the length of term the Governor will be in the seat and during which you cannot reverse the decision made today.

If SE is on the move to bring all Ibo states into the APGA fold, then this a great win. We know thats never going to happen.

The only states enjoying stability and growth are APC states. All other states are burdened with security challenges in one form or the other and are trailing on development charts.

Take us through past gains in APGA controlled states and compare with APC states.

So who is the looser, APC or the people of Anambra?

I commented on another post about the fact that registered voters in Anambra totalled 1.764M poeple. Thats the whole of Anambra State! This is alarming!! APGA has done a horrible job uplifting your society and the manpower has thus depleted significantly and relocated to APC controlled states to find proper upliftment.

You ought to be saddened that an opportunity to duplicate in Anambra the same appeal and charisma that draws your brothers to West, and had APC won would reverse the exodus and bring back manpower and growth to the land, was missed.

Can we expect APGA to bring growth and development? Look at their track, its empty!

In fact we expect more people porting out and heading West. It will do APGA good to build a refugee shelter in Onitsha to receive future deportees from APC.

How does the rejection of Ngige in Anambra affect Fashola or Amosun or Aregbe or even Tinubu? No loss..!! Anambra is the looser here.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by talktimi(m): 9:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
Jmain:

Na over time things him dey do . . .I knew you were talking about him. We no be learner Na . . . .. grin
we really have to hope and pray his oga continues payin his stipends o with bonus for his wahala time

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by takedat(m): 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
@Op, always let facts prevail over loyalty and not the other way round. Can you compare the conduct of Edo and Ondo States elections with that of Anambra?

Should we still be experiencing delays in arrival of election materials considering the enormous amount of money we inject into these elections? Late arrival of materials erode confidence in the system.

Anambra is a peculiar case considering the vast number of registered voters who were disenfranchised. In a state where there are 1.7million registered voters, only a third of the 1.7 million registered voters were able to exercise their franchise. Why, because INEC either by errors of omission or commission tampered with the voters register. Was the voters register tampered with to give an undue advantage to a particular candidate? One of the major contenders who have during previous elections casted his ballot in his polling booth, all of a sudden could not find his name on the voters register. Who should take the blame for such display of unpardonable ineptitude if not the umpire, INEC.

The Police hurriedly paraded members of an accredited civil society group as suspected thugs, but till now the police is yet to parade or give the name of the INEC officer and that of his or her collaborators that sabotaged Idemilli election. Is this how to instill confidence in the system?

Anambra broke the record on numbers of invalidated votes based on irregularities. The invalidated votes came second ahead of PDP and APC. Isn't that an indication that it was a grossly tainted poll?

Jega who seem to be more honest than you has admitted that saturday's poll was below average! Stop blaming the mainstream media, they are only reporting situation of things even though we know the truth is unpalatable to you! APGA was always going to win the election no doubt but no one expected an election marred by massive irregularities.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by agbameta: 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
You arrived at losers because INEC declared a winner in a yet to be concluded election or this is just you carrying on with your dullardism and oponuchuckwu laptop duties which I really have nothing against?

Where is the sense in your idiocy and cluelessness...

And you ignorant, mentally deficient village dullards and illiterates get mad when when we qualify you as such...

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by luvinhubby(m): 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
See vex.. grin, APGA victory is a forgone conclusion..... I hope my APC friends are not dreaming because there is no way APC will win in Anambra, even if the election is done 5 times over.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by talktimi(m): 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

It is important to look at where the country has been, where it is presently and where it will be 4yrs from now, the length of term the Governor will be in the seat and during which you cannot reverse the decision made today.

If SE is on the move to bring all Ibo states into the APGA fold, then this a great win. We know thats never going to happen.

The only states enjoying stability and growth are APC states. All other states are burdened with security challenges in one form or the other and are trailing on development charts.

Take us through past gains in APGA controlled states and compare with APC states.

I commented on another post about the fact that registered voters in Anambra totalled 1.764M poeple. Thats the whole of Anambra State! This is alarming!! APGA has done a horrible job uplifting your society and the manpower has thus depleted significantly and relocated to APC controlled states to find proper upliftment.

You ought to be saddened that an opportunity to duplicate in Anambra the same appeal and charisma that draws your brothers to West, and had APC won would reverse the exodus and bring back manpower and growth to the land, was missed.

Can we expect APGA to bring growth and development? Look at their track, its empty!

In fact we expect more people porting out and heading West. It will do APGA good to build a refugee shelter in Onitsha to receive future deportees from APC.

How does the rejection of Ngige in Anambra affect Fashola or Amosun or Aregbe or even Tinubu? No loss..!! Anambra is the looser here.
you see the primary job of any political party is to sell itself to the electorate of which after the elections, if said party is not satisfied with the outcome, there's the option of going to an election tribunal. Your claim that its purely a lack of infrastructure that makes igbo's move to the sw is on the mischievous side since right from foundation, they have always been known to be a travelling people mainly as businessmen/merchants and thus you find them even in the most remote villages in the ss right up to the north & indeed countries all over the world and not just your beloved sw. Therefore your threat to deport them for not voting your prefered candidate is at best a childish blackmail which can be carried out but...

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by Pk001(m): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
talktimi: if you think say na lie, look for Atlanticbreeze and check his profile. The manchi na one of the real laptop d**s wey dey this forum grin

Another APC e-rat identified. Atlanticbreeze
Registered on 15th november 2013 just for Anambra Elections. Already spent of 20hrs online. I guess he getting disappointed now
Check Profile below

https://www.nairaland.com/atlanticbreeze

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by Jmain: 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Pk001:

Another APC e-rat identified. Atlanticbreeze
Registered on 15th november 2013 just for Anambra Elections. Already spent of 20hrs online. I guess he getting disappointed now
Check Profile below

https://www.nairaland.com/atlanticbreeze

Maybe he is the missing Freeglobe grin

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by MayorofLagos(m): 11:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
talktimi: you see the primary job of any political party is to sell itself to the electorate of which after the elections, if said party is not satisfied with the outcome, there's the option of going to an election tribunal. Your claim that its purely a lack of infrastructure that makes igbo's move to the sw is on the mischievous side since right from foundation, they have always been known to be a travelling people mainly as businessmen/merchants and thus you find them even in the most remote villages in the ss right up to the north & indeed countries all over the world and not just your beloved sw. Therefore your threat to deport them for not voting your prefered candidate is at best a childish blackmail which can be carried out but...

Actually, Ibo is a modern age traveller and migratory movement is recent in your history, we will not go into that here.

What I said is not limited to Ibo moving out but also that no other ethnic group is interested in moving in to invest in East. So it is even more insulting to say you are a traditional traveller from time immemorial but yet the cultural exchange between your culture and others is one directional. Do you not see the gravity in that?

Deportation is not a threat, its a reality and a necessary remedy. Anambra is receiving billions of dollars from federal accounts to cater to just 1.764 million voters. Its IGR is zero! Yet if you go to any Yoruba State you will find no less than 5million adult Ibos, subsisting and feeding free on Yoruba soil.

Deportation is a social awakener!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by talktimi(m): 3:47am On Nov 19, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Actually, Ibo is a modern age traveller and migratory movement is recent in your history, we will not go into that here.

What I said is not limited to Ibo moving out but also that no other ethnic group is interested in moving in to invest in East. So it is even more insulting to say you are a traditional traveller from time immemorial but yet the cultural exchange between your culture and others is one directional. Do you not see the gravity in that?

Deportation is not a threat, its a reality and a necessary remedy. Anambra is receiving billions of dollars from federal accounts to cater to just 1.764 million voters. Its IGR is zero! Yet if you go to any Yoruba State you will find no less than 5million adult Ibos, subsisting and feeding free on Yoruba soil.

Deportation is a social awakener!
1st i am not ibo, i just like fairness and dont like tribalism of any kind especially the one where you threaten to "deport" a people for failing to vote your candidate in a state election outside your region. Thats at best a tyrannical statement and puts the democratic credentials of you and the party you represent to question. In order not to derail this thread anymore i'll like you to do a little research on the migratory pattern on the ibo's and you'll definitely find out that they've been a travelling people trade/commerce wise long before the colonial era. This country is blessed with a rich and diverse culture of which ive been privileged to come across quite a few so i usually dont like it when one is singled out for racial attacks knowing fully well that we all have our bad sides as human beings.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by MayorofLagos(m): 4:50am On Nov 19, 2013
talktimi: 1st i am not ibo, i just like fairness and dont like tribalism of any kind especially the one where you threaten to "deport" a people for failing to vote your candidate in a state election outside your region. Thats at best a tyrannical statement and puts the democratic credentials of you and the party you represent to question. In order not to derail this thread anymore i'll like you to do a little research on the migratory pattern on the ibo's and you'll definitely find out that they've been a travelling people trade/commerce wise long before the colonial era. This country is blessed with a rich and diverse culture of which ive been privileged to come across quite a few so i usually dont like it when one is singled out for racial attacks knowing fully well that we all have our bad sides as human beings.

Bring out those historical tracks and share with us which foreign lands Ibo travelled before colonial time.

I repeat, deportation is a social awakener, it was not used as a political tool before..but with the outcome of this election, I see no reason why it should not. There are new revelations in Ibo politics, Yoruba will respond to it in due time when the dust settles. Ngige was not rejected because he was in APC, his rejection is attributed to his contacts with Yoruba. Thats raw politics! No ethnic group plays raw politics more than the Yoruba. Even the Ibos themselves know, in due course they will hear from us. This is a Yoruba-Ibo rivalry, it has nothing to do with bigotry, racism, tribalism, or any other things you want to call it. You should step to the side if its too hot for your spirit to endure.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by biafranqueen: 5:24am On Nov 19, 2013
if you see this guy the way he stalk Anambra and he clearly has never even crossed Niger before, this guy is like he will die mysterious death if APC is not in power, maybe he made some pack in a shrine, I heard Fleaglobe was banned and the person reason just likem, better yet maybe it's Ngige himself grin
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by biafranqueen: 5:31am On Nov 19, 2013
Jmain:

Maybe he is the missing Freeglobe grin
hahaha I just wrote that! grin it must be nobody is licking backside of Ngige like Freeglobe.
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 19, 2013
Why are you fretting and foaming in the mouth? Because Anambra state was not handed over to you people? So much for progressives you people claim. What a bunch of sore-losers you are!

When you talk about security and stability in the APC states, I hope you are not forgetting that; Borno, Yobe, Edo and Nasarawa states are in the firm grip of the APC.

As for your threat against the Igbos, I see that as the puny fart of a puppy with which he tries to put out a raging fire. Funny? That's what you are!

Mayor_of_Lagos:

Bring out those historical tracks and share with us which foreign lands Ibo travelled before colonial time.

I repeat, deportation is a social awakener, it was not used as a political tool before..but with the outcome of this election, I see no reason why it should not. There are new revelations in Ibo politics, Yoruba will respond to it in due time when the dust settles. Ngige was not rejected because he was in APC, his rejection is attributed to his contacts with Yoruba. Thats raw politics! No ethnic group plays raw politics more than the Yoruba. Even the Ibos themselves know, in due course they will hear from us. This is a Yoruba-Ibo rivalry, it has nothing to do with bigotry, racism, tribalism, or any other things you want to call it. You should step to the side if its too hot for your spirit to endure.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by biafranqueen: 5:48am On Nov 19, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

I can tell you that every Anambraian in the diaspora has a voters card but not many of them travel home like my family does during election, in fact I know of none. November is a time where most of the business men that live in our town travel abroad before the holidays.

Since your the Mayor of Lagos you should know that Lagos has over 6 million registered voters and not even 3 million voted so your point is null and void. Please show me what progress APC in Imo on a separate topic has done only Berem who supposedly is from Imo has anything good to say and I doubt she can name up to 5 streets in Imo if quizzed. But anyway outside of a Lekki VI Ikoyi and Maryland Lagos still needs so much work, some people are still traveling by boat in some areas national stadium needs rejuvenation as do so many buildings and malls that are caving in and burying people alive. No where in Igboland did a white man build a structure, and no where in Lagos did they bomb it to smithereens. Enugu the city was built by Anambrians when it was our capital. Give it 4 years you people will be taking vacation there.
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by gramci: 6:32am On Nov 19, 2013
Young man it's obvious that you are hurt by outcome of the election, may I advice that you take time to consider the suicide option, it works like magic cool

Mayor_of_Lagos:

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by talktimi(m): 6:49am On Nov 19, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

my focus primarily was on migratory tendencies due to trade in the entity called Nigeria but your argument that the igbo's are modern day migrants on international settings is on the right track. I dont think any Nigerian governor in his right mind will dare use deportation as a political tool except he/she wants to invite a xenophobic crisis of unimaginable proportions on his head coupled with the legal aspect of trying to explain what right a state govt has to deport a fellow Nigerian citizen from such state which is against the constitution bearing in mind that the 1999 constitution as amended is far superior to any other document in this country. A semi decent lawyer would have a field day ripping such govt to shreds in court and demanding payment for damages caused due to infringements on human rights. Once again i see no reason why Ngige should be forced down the throats of Anambra people and now under the threat of deporting an entire ethnic group from a region ? Thats crass at best and it would have a very ugly repercussion which would most likely put the unity of this nation at risk. This will be the 2nd or 3rd governorship election which Ngige has contested and lost including the sham that kept him in power for 2yrs+ before his debacle with Chris Uba and the okija shrine + kidnapping wahala, lets play the devils advocate here but doesnt this show that Ngige has never really been an Anambra choice ? Of course i cant really speak empirically for them since ive not set foot in that state for 7yrs but at least he won his senatorial seat with a more "yoruba" party than the APC ie the ACN so your argument that he lost because Anambra people said he's in a yoruba party doesnt really hold water, there are other more cogent reasons that can be attributed for his "failure" a word i use since supplementary elections will still be held very soon. The yoruba/igbo rivalry has and will always be there till we sit down and discuss the terms of our existence as a country of which i personally support a shift back to regionalism rather than this our present states structure. Once again i see no reason why Ngige was forced down the throats of Anambra people
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by MayorofLagos(m): 7:36am On Nov 19, 2013
biafranqueen: I can tell you that every Anambraian in the diaspora has a voters card but not many of them travel home like my family does during election, in fact I know of none. November is a time where most of the business men that live in our town travel abroad before the holidays.

Since your the Mayor of Lagos you should know that Lagos has over 6 million registered voters and not even 3 million voted so your point is null and void. Please show me what progress APC in Imo on a separate topic has done only Berem who supposedly is from Imo has anything good to say and I doubt she can name up to 5 streets in Imo if quizzed. But anyway outside of a Lekki VI Ikoyi and Maryland Lagos still needs so much work, some people are still traveling by boat in some areas national stadium needs rejuvenation as do so many buildings and malls that are caving in and burying people alive. No where in Igboland did a white man build a structure, and no where in Lagos did they bomb it to smithereens. Enugu the city was built by Anambrians when it was our capital. Give it 4 years you people will be taking vacation there.

Biafranqueen,

Im using the number of registered voters on official record, not the number of votes cast. Of course the registered is always higher than the number that voted and this is so anyehere in the world.

In Anambra the total number of registered voters statewide is 1.764M.

Can you explain where the people are?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by russellino: 7:38am On Nov 19, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

PYou ought to be saddened that an opportunity to duplicate in Anambra the same appeal and charisma that draws your brothers to West, and had APC won would reverse the exodus and bring back manpower and growth to the land, was missed.

So ppl only started moving to Lagos after the emergence of apc? Smh

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by Freewilly(f): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2013
Sorry to derail the thread a little, I just need to ask a question about an investment I'm hoping to lay my hands on. With a lot of people very bitter about the lost of the elections in Anambra, should I invest my money on otapiapia. I've been reading about this whole election thing for over a month now and I have a feeling I can make a lot of money from people drinking poison.
Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by MayorofLagos(m): 7:58am On Nov 19, 2013
talktimi: my focus primarily was on migratory tendencies due to trade in the entity called Nigeria but your argument that the igbo's are modern day migrants on international settings is on the right track. I dont think any Nigerian governor in his right mind will dare use deportation as a political tool except he/she wants to invite a xenophobic crisis of unimaginable proportions on his head coupled with the legal aspect of trying to explain what right a state govt has to deport a fellow Nigerian citizen from such state which is against the constitution bearing in mind that the 1999 constitution as amended is far superior to any other document in this country. A semi decent lawyer would have a field day ripping such govt to shreds in court and demanding payment for damages caused due to infringements on human rights. Once again i see no reason why Ngige should be forced down the throats of Anambra people and now under the threat of deporting an entire ethnic group from a region ? Thats crass at best and it would have a very ugly repercussion which would most likely put the unity of this nation at risk. This will be the 2nd or 3rd governorship election which Ngige has contested and lost including the sham that kept him in power for 2yrs+ before his debacle with Chris Uba and the okija shrine + kidnapping wahala, lets play the devils advocate here but doesnt this show that Ngige has never really been an Anambra choice ? Of course i cant really speak empirically for them since ive not set foot in that state for 7yrs but at least he won his senatorial seat with a more "yoruba" party than the APC ie the ACN so your argument that he lost because Anambra people said he's in a yoruba party doesnt really hold water, there are other more cogent reasons that can be attributed for his "failure" a word i use since supplementary elections will still be held very soon. The yoruba/igbo rivalry has and will always be there till we sit down and discuss the terms of our existence as a country of which i personally support a shift back to regionalism rather than this our present states structure. Once again i see no reason why Ngige was forced down the throats of Anambra people

On whether or not he lost on account of his associations, you are a biased contributor. His rejection is a payback for his defense of deportation from Lagos. You should read news and keep current on national affairs.

On the validity of deportation, there are many loopholes in the constitution and in which the law defaults to the customary courts for discretionary power. Like I said, its no secret that we fervently despise Ibos in the West and they know it.

You talk about a disunity. I wonder if you can point me to any shred of unity in this country since 1906. What unity do you now expect 100yrs later?

National dialogue is not for decoration. Have you heard Afenifere lately? Thats the custodian of Awolowo's doctrines and the stewarts of the Oduduwa genetic print - omoluabi! If you want to know how Yoruba view Ibo, Hausa or anyone else for that matter read their inputs to President Jonathan on what Yoruba wants ..total cleansing of Yorubaland. It will happen! lol!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Guber Contest: Losers On The Prowl by UyiIredia(m): 8:14am On Nov 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: You ARE NOT being sincere. Here's a part of the web page of Channels you linked.

"elections in the three Senatorial districts of the state
reported though voting materials arrived early at many
polling centres, in some areas like Auchi and its environs
there were slight delay in the arrival of materials.
This delays and anomalies however, did not dampen the
enthusiasm in the electorates as most of them told Channels
Television’s reporters that there will wait in their respective
polling units till they are accredited and allowed to cast their
votes. The late arrival of voting material in some polling units
affected the timing for accreditation and voting as voting did
not commence in some units until 1pm instead of the
scheduled 12 noon.
'

The delay was not as significant as clearly seen in the Abambra polls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aregbesola In Early Lead, As Results Tricke In / 2015: Abike Dabiri-Erewa For Lagos Governor? / How Beheaded Air Force Pilot Killed 63 Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.