Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Starting Pure Water Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting Pure Water Business (4379 Views)

Packaged Water Business / Nafdac Requirement For Pure Water Business / Pure Water Biz(Discuss) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting Pure Water Business by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 18, 2008
hi nairalanders,i will like to start up a pure water business in the south south of nigeria,
do u think it will give me high return on investment?
Re: Starting Pure Water Business by vividgate: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2008
Pure water business is one very good business that will bring in good returns,although,it requires some planning and good marketing.

I can consult for you on that but i specalise in coldroom and ice block.

You can reach me vividgateco@gmail.com
Re: Starting Pure Water Business by mayorde(m): 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2008
hi,
i am an accountant with a servicing firm in lagos but we av a subsidiary that is involved in manufacturing of pure water. i am in charge of their accounts and it has been 4 like 2 years now so i can tell u at least sometin.

Purewater is a very good business cos virtually everybody needs water, that means the market is readily available. but just like evry other good bis it has its own challenges and the challenges are quite much and could kill the bis if proper care is not taken.

i'll list some of the challenges and explain them in detail thereafter.
1. Saturated market
2. Use of bad vehicle, bad roads and quick depreciation of vehicles
3.Fraud, pilferage, etc
4. low selling price
5.Seasonal changes
6.Govt agencies
7. incompetent staff
8. Power supply(Diesel)
9. Overstaffing, high cost of labour, etc
10. source of raw(input) material
11. AND FINALLY ONE THING YOU MUST KNOW-[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][/color]THE BUSINESS IS DIFFERENT FROM THE OWNER. accountants call it THE ENTITY CONCEPT.

n[color=Black]
now let me expain briefly.
1.Saturated market
In lagos there are thousands of pure water producers, in our lg alone they number into hundreds, but do not be afraid there still exist a market for every body depending on the quality of your products, ur marketing strategy, ability to reach out to more people i.e having more than one vehicle at a time etc.

2[b].Use of bad vehicle, bad roads and quick depreciation of vehicles[/b]
one factor affecting bis inn nigeria is bad road as it causes ur vehicles to wear out quickly so put that in mind and plan 4 it.
Use rugged vehicles that can stand the test of time e.g Nissan Cabstar, Toyota Diana etc PLEASE DONT USE DIESEL ENGINE VEHICLES IT IS A VISA TO HELL, Have reliable, trusted and readily available mechanics and technicians. if possible employ drivers who have mechanic experience.

3.Fraud, pilferage, etc
have a good internal control system, employ reliable personnels, keep accounts-employ AATof ICAN or OND holders, preferably AAT holders, if they steal ur money u can report them to ICAN and appropraite measures will be taken .I am Proud to be One (AAT). keep a close eye on the accounts and accounting system of the company generally. pay ur staffs very well if u want to discourage them 4rm stealing. dont pay more than the company can afford.

4.low selling price
the contribution of purewater is much but the profit is quite low. in Lagos purewater is N50per bag(sp) the total variable cost of producing a bag is around N 25- N 28( cost of raw materials and direct labour). by the time other cost are deducted the total cost of a bag should be around N47. thus the profit is so small. i heard that in portharcourt a bag is N 100. if that be the case then u are in bis 4 real bliv me. but if u are to sell @ N50. then keep in mind that the profit is small.

11. pardom me please as i move to the Last one. i av a lot of work to do.
THE BIS IS DIFFERENT FROM THE OWNER.
Place urself on a salary from the bis. dont touch any other money aside from ur salary, ur salary must not be too much 4 the bis to bear. at the end of the year or ur accounting year end u can take from the reserves after making adequate provision for the survival and continuity of the bis.

u can reach me on 07030614637 if u av further questions or emial me @ mayordenali@yahoo.com .

1 Like

Re: Starting Pure Water Business by Danielqwer: 10:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
A purification system developed to produce clean drinking water from water sources with poor quality

Our purification system removes:

1. Bad smell, colour & taste

2. Dangerous chemicals, particles, humus, salt

3. Harmful heavy metals

4. 99.99% of & pathogenic bacteria (E.coli, salmonella, legionella, cholera, shigella, typhoid)

5. 99.99% of parasites (cryptosporidium, giardia)

6. Other chemicals that cause water hardness, you will spend less on moisturizers and conditioners to fight dry skin and dry hair caused by hard water.

www.nwsnigeria.com

info@nwsnigeria.com

11 Isheri Road, Aguda Ogba, Opposite Excellence Hotel Ogba

For a free demonstration & purchasing 0802 330 5728 / 0709 003 9966

ALWAYS ASK FOR A DEMONSTRATION BEFORE YOU BUY ANY WATER FILTER

(1) (Reply)

Feed Formulation Software For Animal Production / Top 5 Public Relations Agencies In Nigeria - Topeverything / Design, Re-design Your Existing Website/blog To Generate More Leads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.