Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' (11365 Views)

Essien Ayi Sleeps During 2016 Budget Presentation - See Photo / Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola / Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by Lilimax(f): 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2013
Demdem: Jonathan is confused.
Stop that!
You should not insult our president angry
Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by adino(m): 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
Wol-ef7:

it's 'sauce' not 'source'.
English teacher if you can reason properly you can see that I capitalised the word source (to ring a bell to the fellow), since I could not strike out sauce due to the fact that I am using a phone.
Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by hamaworld(m): 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
;DBudget for.... Stealer de miss
Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
gregg2: It has nothing to do with security.

It's the harmonization of oil benchmark.
Senate is proposing ..........$76.50k
House of Reps..................$79
Fed Govt.........................$74

FIXED

Oil benchmarks are denominated in DOLLARS!
Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
There is nothing to present.
...Except how they plan to stock up the cash war-chest ahead of the coming elections.
Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by Peinstein: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
awodman:
Some opposition lawmakers and those loyal to the G-7 governors are planning to boo him...

Meanwhile according to ChannelsTV..the president has sent a letter to the NASS which was read by the Senate President.In the said later,he asked that both Chambers of NASS meet to harmonize their position on the Oil benchmark before he can present the budget

If booing is now taken as a security threat then Cristiano Ronaldo should be playing football with bulletproof jerseys. If you can't stand criticism, why contest for presidency. I don't want to believe being booed was his reason for being absent.

Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by nairaman66(m): 5:39pm On Nov 19, 2013
Guyman02: Na who be that person wey beat me for FTC? Why you come first me take something wey suppose belong to me? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

GEJ needs to be well prepared and explain to Nigerians why implementation of the current budget has been abysmal as only 40% of the capital expenditure has been implemented. Its mostly the capital expenditure that affects the average Nigerian on the streets.

The civil servants and political appointees ensure that recurrent expenditure is almost expended entirely on travel estacode, salaries, seminars and trainings that add little value to the system.
While presenting the budget it is anticipated that Nigerians will be informed about the mechanisms to be put on ground for proper monitoring of capital expenditure to ensure at least 80% implementation and not make budget presentation just an annual routine.

The reason is not far fetched! 60% of recurrent expenditure goes to the POVERTY DEVELOPMENT PARTY and their PROXIES! One day the poor will have nothing to eat but the rich.. grin
Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by Demdem(m): 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
Lilimax: Stop that!
You should not insult our president angry

But MY president is indeed daft. Just calling by his real name..

Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by Jman06(m): 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
adino: Bad Belle people, hatred for GEJ will kill you all. Senate President David Mark was the one that asked for the postponement so that both chambers will harmonise their positions. Immediately David Mark informed The President the useless Nigerian press went to town with this fake news.
It is obvious the press is a bigger opposition to G.E.J than apc.
what do you expect when the press is dominated by some bunch of APC propagandists? The Nigerian press is already biased and i wonder where that's going to lead the nation to. I thought press freedom was about unbiased journalism but what's happening in Nigeria presently is that the press has been hijacked by APC such that they feed the public with wrong information about GEJ administration so as to score cheap political points. It's quite unfortunate and i think it's high time the presidency clamped down on any media organisation that publishes FALSE news about GEJ's administration.

Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by obinnakenedo(m): 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
Currently on sale. Plots at green gate v i p estate and Santa florida v i p estate, igbesa afta agbara. As low as N500k. Call chris for more info: 08185105562
Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
Fazhy: So, the NA may be attacked or what? Or could it be they want to attack him on his way to NA?
Who knows? Those Almajaris bloody terrorists might have planted a sniper at the NASS to take down our President. They want the power at all cost and they shall not get it till Nigeria breaks...Awon Ole Olojukokoro...Fawar Fawar Fawar shaaa...oga gan oooo....Ride on GEJ, we dey ur back till we break the useless country.
Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by Pukkah: 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
awodman:
Some opposition lawmakers and those loyal to the G-7 governors are planning to boo him...

How can booing be a security issue?

What of Nigerians that are daily harassed at work and at home by unfriendly and harsh conditions?

Poverty and hardship are booing many Nigerians many of whom would not mind being booed by lawmakers.

Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by kennyamusan(m): 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
adino: Bad Belle people, hatred for GEJ will kill you all. Senate President David Mark was the one that asked for the postponement so that both chambers will harmonise their positions. Immediately David Mark informed The President the useless Nigerian press went to town with this fake news.
I guess you are not as learned as I thought,how could d press that have been in d fore front of securing our democracy dislike d president,let me educate u,the president is just totally confused,he lacks the charisma and dignity to face d house,how could only 40 percent be used and no refund,he is also afraid cos oduah's issue would come up,and y d waiting for oil price,the man is just totally confused,he has nothing to offer except hope,and I guess anyone can give that has long as his family are feeding well,can u just tell me,what GOodluck has done in the past 3yrs except fighting,intra party differences and his unchecked nad untrained wife. A breath of fresh air indeed!

Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by nagoma(m): 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2013

Sorry GEJ is the biggest opposition to himself for his cluelessness and non performance. He doesn't need a last minute permission from David Mark.

Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by nagoma(m): 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
Jman06: what do you expect when the press is dominated by some bunch of APC propagandists? The Nigerian press is already biased and i wonder where that's going to lead the nation to. I thought press freedom was about unbiased journalism but what's happening in Nigeria presently is that the press has been hijacked by APC such that they feed the public with wrong information about GEJ administration so as to score cheap political points. It's quite unfortunate and i think it's high time the presidency clamped down on any media organisation that publishes FALSE news about GEJ's administration.

You are funny. What is false about GEJ's non performance and muddled state of mind?

Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by rabzy01: 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
In PEJ's voice: " The President has a very strong manhood so he cannot be intimidated. This has nothing to do seeccuurtty."
grin grin cheesy
Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by amakenny: 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
ceo4eva: Budget Presentation in Nigeria has become an annual ritual filled with inconsistencies, lies and deceit.
Postponement of a ritualistic and futile exercise shouldn't attract any
attention. In any case, what has been the performance of the Budget since this Poverty Development Party, (PDP) came to power? Indeed, another 'breath of fresh air'.
You chose to drown the message with anti govt rhetorics. What was the insecurity issue that made the president abort a meeting with the legislators? Or you are not interested? Do you note that billions of Naira that should have gone for development have in the last three years been deployed to fight off the groups that declared war on Nigeria - groups that one can imagine must have provoked today's insecurity scare in the National Assembly?
Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by ziccoit: 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
May be he wants to harmonize how much he is spending on cooking utensils and feeding allowance this time around.
Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by justice2020(m): 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
dnt worry gej cos dy mst harmonize or else they will spend deir xmas in abuja.
Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by iretiland: 12:44am On Nov 20, 2013
Jonathan doesn't even understand this whole issue of "bench mark" anyway. He has to get the input of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, first. Thereafter, he will find courage to read out to NASS members whatever she writes for him. This guy would never have been my Class Monitor in School.
Re: Jonathan Calls-Off Budget Presentation To N'Assembly For 'Security Reasons' by Harrypoter(m): 12:59am On Nov 20, 2013
Nigeria a country where having issues is no longer an issue.....May The Almighty help Us!

Kaduna Beggars Storm Government House, Demand Withdrawal Of Anti-begging Law / Shehu Sani Tells Acting IGP, Adamu Next Line Of Action / Buhari’s campaign Writes Police, SSS, Accuses PDP Of hacking INEC Server