Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,641 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Can You Marry,or Allow Your Child To Marry An Uneducated Person. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry,or Allow Your Child To Marry An Uneducated Person. (852 Views)

Is It By Force To Take Your Child To Santa? (Photo) / Is It An Offence To Marry An Uneducated Guy? Pls Advice / If You Choose To Marry An Uneducated Woman, Send Her To School Or Die Early! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Marry,or Allow Your Child To Marry An Uneducated Person. by stan4b(m): 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
Recently,my mum called me and told me that,if I should bring an uneducated person to her as my wife,that she won't be happy.
According to my own understanding;
An uneducated person is someone that cant read,write,nd cant make a creative contribution to issues.
So,back to my question. Can u marry,or allow ur child to marry an uneducated person,whether he or she loves the person or not?
Re: Can You Marry,or Allow Your Child To Marry An Uneducated Person. by EfemenaXY: 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
stan4b: Recently,my mum called me and told me that,if I should bring an uneducated person to her as my wife,that she won't be happy.
According to my own understanding;
An uneducated person is someone that cant read,write,nd cant make a creative contribution to issues.
So,back to my question. Can u marry,or allow ur child to marry an uneducated person,whether he or she loves the person or not?

Your mum, in her wisdom, is looking beyond the mere physical abilities of reading, writing and making intelligent conversations.

She's look much further and into the character and personality of the person. Basically, her mental capabilities. So for example, she's referring to:

~ An overtly superstitious person (e.g: someone who believes owning scented candles is a sure sign that you're a cult member / devil worshipper), or one who believes misfortunes are caused by people back in the village planning your 'downfall', rather than understanding the cause and effect relationship.

~ Someone with your average Nollywood mentality e.g: The man must foot all the household bills, feed and educate his wife's people, educate all her siblings and start up a business for every male member of her family.

~ Someone who believes ALL mother-in-laws are bad with evil intentions, without even making the effort to know / understand her inlaws.

These are a few examples of what I think your mother meant. Be wise and take heed.

Love get im own levels jare.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry,or Allow Your Child To Marry An Uneducated Person. by stan4b(m): 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Your mum, in her wisdom, is looking beyond the mere physical abilities of reading, writing and making intelligent conversations.

She's look much further and into the character and personality of the person. Basically, her mental capabilities. So for example, she's referring to:

~ An overtly superstitious person (e.g: someone who believes owning scented candles is a sure sign that you're a cult member / devil worshipper), or one who believes misfortunes are caused by people back in the village planning your 'downfall', rather than understanding the cause and effect relationship.

~ Someone with your average Nollywood mentality e.g: The man must foot all the household bills, feed and educate his wife's people, educate all her siblings and start up a business for every male member of her family.

~ Someone who believes ALL mother-in-laws are bad with evil intentions, without even making the effort to know / understand her inlaws.

These are a few examples of what I think your mother meant. Be wise and take heed.

Love get im own levels jare.
Well said

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Multi-tasking: Are Women More Skilled Than Men In Multi-tasking? / What Will You Do? / Top 10 Best Principles Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.