Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 (14229 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Egypt AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 1 On 25th March 2016 / Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
Nomski0: He's my superman. cheesycheesy. Where the haters na.tongue

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Nomski0(f): 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
hiroz: ronaldo seems to play better when he is insulted.after blatter insulted ronaldo over his hair,he has scored in every subsequent match if my memory serves me right
That insult made me hate Sepp Blatter, it was so unfair. Ronaldo trains more than an average player. I can imagine Messi punching something hard.......kia! It will pinch him in placescheesycheesy
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by isalegan2: 10:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ronaldo almost had a . . .a . . . what do you call 4 goals? angry 2 braces? grin cheesy embarassed
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by isalegan2: 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
5 mins added time to Swe-Port game. 2 mins left. sad
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
isale_gan2: How come this Swedes leave no defenders on their end when they're attacking Portugal side? Each of Ronaldo's goals have been on the counter-attack! shocked undecided
thats portugal for you.you just cant attack them with all your players when they have speed stars like cr7 and nani and the intelligence of moutinho.i think the swedish coach expected portugal to abandon their counter attacking play and protect their 1-0 first leg league
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by isalegan2: 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
The Swedes were so close there! shocked
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Nomski0(f): 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2013
Those bloody Ukrainians! angryangry. I cant believe they let France do this to them.angry

And Belgium loosing to Japan? Is the world ending!angry
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by isalegan2: 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
All right, Portugal are in.

Back to France/Ukraine. At 3-0, that's a done deal. I have no idea what Ukraine scored in the first leg, but I'm gonna assume it wasn't 3-0. undecided

When all the qualif. matches are over, I will update my World Cup Mania thread. wink

https://www.nairaland.com/1480999/world-cup-fever-brasil-2014
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by isalegan2: 10:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
Nomski0: Those bloody Ukrainians! angryangry. I cant believe they let France do this to them.angry

France are always expected to beat Ukraine though. . .despite moments of brilliance for Ukraine. What's the name of that fantastic striker they had at 2006 WC - the one that played for Chelsea but Mourinho didn't want to use him cos they said Abramovich forced him on Chelsea?
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Nomski0(f): 10:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
That's it folks! Portugal in Brazil.grin

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MAN IN THE 7 SHIRT. No Portugal without him. He's shut the critics up.tongue. And if the ballon goes to anyone but him(especially that midget)then we'd know for sure its cheating.

My man of the year
My man of the moment
My man of the match
My man till Neymar reaches this feet.
My Ronaldokisskiss

Ronaldo 4 Zlatan(the noise maker) 2.

Its all about 7. 7. 7. 7.

Cristiano Dos Santos Averio. Mwwwwah.
kisskisskiss
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
cr7 has completed a good 7 days of soccer for me.naija qualified,played well against italy and cr7 destroyed sweden.what could better.and now cr7 is joint higest goal scorer for portugal with pauleta.
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by isalegan2: 10:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
The French are such ingrates though. Always fighting each other and making a mockery of the international tournaments since 2006 when all the greats left. They just need to sit their butts at home. And those Africans need to play for their fatherland(s)! angry

Ukraine, Scotland, Ireland Turkey Croatia - those are fun teams to have at any World Cup. And they're always so grateful and excited to make it.
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
isale_gan2:

France are always expected to beat Ukraine though. . .despite moments of brilliance for Ukraine. What's the name of that fantastic striker they had at 2006 WC - the one that played for Chelsea but Mourinho didn't want to use him cos they said Abramovich forced him on Chelsea?
the legendary andriy schevchenko
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Nomski0(f): 10:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
isale_gan2:

Schevchevko (i always bite my tongue). After he moved to Ac millian I never heard about him.undecided
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by isalegan2: 10:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
France 3 - 0 Ukraine

Ukraine almost made one! Straight into the arms of the goalkeeper.

It's over. French are in!
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Nomski0(f): 10:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
Bloody Ukrainians! angryangry. Now i have to stand Frank's noise in Brazil! angry. Darn it.angry
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by isalegan2: 10:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
hiroz: the legendary andriy schevchenko

Yup! That's him.

Nomski0: Schevchevko (i always bite my tongue). After he moved to Ac millian I never heard about him.undecided

Didn't he leave Milan where he was partnered with Kaka, to go to Chelsea in 2006. Where did he go after that? Did he return to Milan?
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Nomski0(f): 11:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
isale_gan2:

Yup! That's him.

Didn't he leave Milan where he was partnered with Kaka, to go to Chelsea in 2006. Where did he go after that? Did he return to Milan?
I think he went back. I remember seeing him in black and red stripes during one champions league match. Anyways, Chelsea wasted his talent on the bench.(no offence to chelsea fans)
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by POPEII: 11:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
mad nigerian:

Interesting story behind Cameroon not being a West African country.

In the 1970's, Cameroon was on the verge of joining ECOWAS.....but due to some disagreement about water rights with Nigeria....something to do about the River Cross.....the deal fell through...and Cameroon joined the Equatorial African subgrouping...hence Cmeroon being regarded as a Equatorial African country not a West African country.

Cameroon was also once part of the Equatorial African Federation.....a group of French colonies consisting of Chad, CAR, and Gabon, as well as Congo Brazzaville.
Cameroon has never part of your Equatorial African Federation, Cameroon was not a colony but a mandate then a country under tutelage (as stated by the SDN) with this status Cameroonians were able to attend SDN sessions something others couldn't , they weren't enrolled in colonial armies to fight their wars like others colonies E.g Nigeria , Ghana , Uganda.
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by isalegan2: 11:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
It's pretty shameful the Ukrainians couldn't come back and get one goal after beating France 2 - 0. How'd that happen anyway? Anyone watched it back then? Was there a penalty? Did the French fall asleep?

Remaining qualification matches are:
- NZealand-Mexico, 7am, Wedn
- Uruguay-Jordan, 12am, Thur
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by isalegan2: 11:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Nomski0: I think he went back. I remember seeing him in black and red stripes during one champions league match. Anyways, Chelsea wasted his talent on the bench.(no offence to chelsea fans)

Why're you apologising to Chelkis? grin They know the history of their club. They're not gonna deny it.

Yeah, I think Shevchenko realised the move was an ill-adviced career-stumping vanity move. It was one of those moves that broke transfer/signing fees. $20 milla from Roman Abramovich's deep pockets. He and Ballack were coming of off WC heartbreak to England. . .
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Nomski0(f): 11:17pm On Nov 19, 2013
isale_gan2:

Why're you apologising to Chelkis? grin They know the history of their club. They're not gonna deny it.

Yeah, I think Shevchenko realised the move was an ill-adviced career-stumping vanity move. It was one of those moves that broke transfer/signing fees. $20 milla from Roman Abramovich's deep pockets. He and Ballack were coming of off WC heartbreak to England. . .
Michael Ballack too. He was sensational at Wc, but then he went to Chelsea, and i never heard of him again. Chelsea is fond of destroying talents. See what they're doing to poor Torres

P.s, Chelsea fans please dont attack o.grin
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Elose11(m): 11:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
Nomski0: We almost scored!!!

This is not fair. 4 west africans, 1 North africa- Desert foxes
It's is not four west Africans. It's three: Nigeria, Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire. Cameroon is in central Africa.
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Nomski0(f): 12:06am On Nov 20, 2013
Elose11:
It's is not four west Africans. It's three: Nigeria, Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire. Cameroon is in central Africa.
Whatever undecided
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by MsNas(f): 3:43am On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by Chartey(m): 3:59am On Nov 20, 2013
Nomski0: Those bloody Ukrainians! angryangry. I cant believe they let France do this to them.angry

Japan has always been a better team than Belgium and always been good performers at the world cup. Belgium are just hyped by an English media seeing top Belgian talent in the EPL for the first time.
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 4:59am On Nov 20, 2013
isale_gan2:

Yup! That's him.

Nomski0: I think he went back. I remember seeing him in black and red stripes during one champions league match. Anyways, Chelsea wasted his talent on the bench.(no offence to chelsea fans)

Nope, he didn't come back to ACM. We never heard of him again after he left for Chelsea.
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by imperiouxx(m): 5:10am On Nov 20, 2013
Elose11:

Ok, 4 dark skinned Africans and 1 light skinned. Any more objection?!
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by naptu2: 5:49am On Nov 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Nope, he didn't come back to ACM. We need heard of him again after he left for Chelsea.

He went back to Milan on loan before finally returning to Dinamo Kiev.
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by deebsman1(m): 8:33am On Nov 20, 2013
isale_gan2: Ronaldo almost had a . . .a . . . what do you call 4 goals? angry 2 braces? grin cheesy embarassed

U call 4 goals quadruple
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by henry247(m): 9:08am On Nov 20, 2013
Nomski0: Oh my love, my heart's desire, my hero, my greek god, my angel, my world best, my star. MY RONALDO. My RONALDO. There's none like you.

Sweden 0. Ronaldo 1

How i wish u would worship d Almighty God only. ronaldo z now ur god abi? heaven ll av pity on ur soul
Re: Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013 by AreaFada2: 9:25am On Nov 20, 2013
Nomski & Isale gan of French haters club

You need to remember football history. FIFA was set up by the French. Ever heard of Jules Rimet cup? No? That's the official name of World cup.

Guess who set up the European Cup.

Ever heard of Baron Pierre de Coubertin? He set up modern Olympics in 1894 at Sorbonne in Paris to usher in 1896 Athens Olympics.

@Isale gan, have you ever expressed gratitude to the French for all these international sports you now enjoy?

Learning francophobia from our British colonial masters is one thing, being aware of history and being objective is another.

I still remember how the British press rubbished the French squad before 2000 Euro cup and 2006 world cup. We all know how far they went.
The French resolve their dispute in a less ordered way compared to German "Konsenz" but that's how they are.

Only Spain has been more successful in football than them in the last 15 years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs CAR: Rohr Invites 23 Players For World Cup Qualifying Double-Header / Six Nigerian Wrestlers Set For 2017 World Championships In Paris / The Predictors Gang On Rythm 93.7fm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.