Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Why Do Parents Think They Know More Than Their Kids In Every Aspect Of Life, - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Parents Think They Know More Than Their Kids In Every Aspect Of Life, (1079 Views)

What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? / Why Do Parents Send Their Kids To Boarding Schools? / Do You Care About What Your Parents Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Parents Think They Know More Than Their Kids In Every Aspect Of Life, by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2008
i think parents , that want their kids to read a particular course in the university because their friend kid are medical
doctors , lawyers, engineers, accountant are all selfish, they deprive the child from his dream and make a choice for him, which might not be what he can cope with while measuring his brain capacity or his own personal interest

sometimes , i wonder whether ,parent will be there when it doesn,t go well with choicse of job and what he studied ,

will they be the one to raise him money when he grows up, or own his own family, this decision really matter, times have changed and parents should follow up
Re: Why Do Parents Think They Know More Than Their Kids In Every Aspect Of Life, by syren: 6:51pm On Jul 18, 2008
I know how that feels LoL cheesy. It can be very fustrating when you have something you really want to do and your parents aren't supportive or encouraging. sad

All they care about is that their friends daughter, is in uni studying medicine and they wont let you forget it, whenever you mention your own plans. Like I could care less.

As long as you plan to do something with your life that will make you happy and will allow you to take care of yourself nothing else should matter. cool
Re: Why Do Parents Think They Know More Than Their Kids In Every Aspect Of Life, by iice(f): 6:50am On Jul 20, 2008
Hah! indeed oooo. So lets hope we don't do that to our kids

(1) (Reply)

I Am An Alien, Someone Help! / Will His Kids Come Back To Nigeria? / How Do You Arrange And Furnish Your Sitting Room? For Beauty Or Convenience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.