Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge (6610 Views)

List Of Private Jet Owners In Nigeria (pictures) / Private-Jet Owners Barred From Carrying Friends And Associates / Nigerians Top List Of Private Jet Owners In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by U09ce: 6:06am On Nov 20, 2013
Private jet owners in the country yesterday
commenced an indefinite strike over a
directive from the Nigerian Airspace
Management Agency (NAMA) announcing a new
price regime for all private airlines operating
in the country.
In a circular dated November 18, 2013, and
signed by the agency’s director of operations,
Mr J.C. Onyegiri, on behalf of the managing
director, all foreign registered aircraft
engaging in non-scheduled operations were
directed to pay the sum of $3,000 fees for
every departure except round trips without
changes in passenger manifest or return ferry.
Such fees, NAMA maintained, must be paid in
advance and before any departure.
The circular further directed all Nigerian
aircraft engaging in non-scheduled operations
to pay the sum of $2,500 as fees except round
trips without changes in passenger manifest, or
return ferry adding that such fees must be
paid in advance and before any departure.
According to the circular, the fees shall
include landing, parking, navigational and
terminal navigational charges and shall be in
respect of the first 10 hours after which
additional parking charges may apply.
Earlier, the tariff on private jet or charter
operations was not unified, and each agency
was expected to collect its own fees. For
instance, the Federal Airports Authority of
Nigeria collects tariffs on landing and parking,
while the Nigerian Airspace Management
Agency (NAMA) charges its navigational fees
which is based on their operations.
According to industry sources, the FAAN
collects about $320 for overnight stay of the
jets at the airport and about $10, 000 monthly
on parking fees on a jet from those who do
not have private terminals. However, the fee
charged for landing depends on the aircraft’s
weight and the time it lands at an airport.
According to statistics obtained from FAAN’s
website, the rate varies for day landing, $
0.00909/kg; night landing, $0.01364/kg.
Parking for the first three hours does not
attract any fee. For the Gulfstream G450
aircraft, with landing weight of 29,935kg, the
airport authority would charge the owner
about $273 or its naira equivalent for day
landing, while it would take $408 for night
landing.
When the spokesman for NAMA Supo Atobatele
was contacted to speak on what the agency
collected from the private jet operators before
the introduction of the current tariff, he said
the current tariff was new and includes all the
charges like landing and parking, and
navigational fee and it has been introduced as
a means of increasing the revenue generation
of aviation agencies.
Efforts to get speak with Yakubu Dati,
spokesman for the aviation agencies, did not
yield result.
The new directive took effect from yesterday.
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by laplace19(m): 6:25am On Nov 20, 2013
The monthly parking charge is too much oo....$10,000 per month approximately #1.56mil coupled with other day and night landing charges.....

Is it not better for the private jet owners to have their own private terminals?.......won't it reduce cost as well?

Just asking to know,nairalanders......
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by MagicBishop: 6:43am On Nov 20, 2013
This is outrageous!

Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by Capnd143(m): 7:17am On Nov 20, 2013
If them no gri pay "tax" upon all their wealth make them jejely donate they jets to the nation's national carier.
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 20, 2013
You guysss ccomlaining here do you have private jets? IF the right people. Don't payy for it who will?
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by geeez: 7:24am On Nov 20, 2013
This is one strike that most Nigerians won't be sympathetic with
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:33am On Nov 20, 2013
Hmmmm Pastors having private jet...........
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by MagicBishop: 7:39am On Nov 20, 2013
emmydeep: You guysss ccomlaining here do you have private jets? IF the right people. Don't payy for it who will?

It will have a spill over effect since there are ground handlers who depend on traffic to earn a living wage and also I don't think it is commiserate with the services offered and the facilities on ground and also I bet it is only in Nigeria that such high charges occur.
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by taharqa: 7:49am On Nov 20, 2013
Private Jet Owners go on strike?? Lol. Likely another Eg of d plenty Stu.pid news items been peddled by our increasingly jobless Print media. Na so them be talk last 2 weeks say Airline Operators had decided to stop paying their fees to d Govt from Nov 1 till further notice ie until Govt reduces the fees and 'account for what they hv used d previous collected fees for'!! Imagine that!! And some still believe that story, hook line and sicker. Sillly newsbreakers; Gullible audience........ On d issue of d new fees, just as I said d 1st day it was announced, I think they seem to be on d high side. NEMA and Co, shld be so adviced
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 20, 2013
Nigerian government agencies just charge any fee that they feel they can get away with so they can buy bullet proof cars for Ogas. The fee structure in Nigeria for most public services are the highest in the world and many strange types of fees can only be found in Nigeria. Even Nigerian banks charge COT!!! It is a book your profit economy.
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by kokoA(m): 7:55am On Nov 20, 2013
How dis one take concern me now?! Person dey hustle here dem dey talk of jet.. Mcheeewww.
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by Nomski0(f): 7:59am On Nov 20, 2013
This will only matter to 2% of Nigerians.
I wish them a successful strike.undecidedundecided
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by luvinhubby(m): 8:07am On Nov 20, 2013
Capnd143: If them no gri pay "tax" upon all their wealth make them jejely donate they jets to the nation's national carrier.
At least we are about to float one. cheesy
Nomski0: This will only matter to 2% of Nigerians.
May their strike never end, as if the remaining 98% cares...siooorr!! tongue
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by Danhumprey: 8:11am On Nov 20, 2013
Abegi! The new fee too small jor!!! Make them increase am! angry
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by Freewilly(f): 8:13am On Nov 20, 2013
This is just outrageous, next time I come home I'll just land in Chad and park my jet there, then I'll just use my helicopter to come down to Nigeria.
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by Danhumprey: 8:15am On Nov 20, 2013
Nomski0: This will only matter to 2% of Nigerians.
What if you were one of them,and this fee was introduced,won't you join the strike? wink
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by nairaman66(m): 8:23am On Nov 20, 2013
Private Jet=Private Tax! wink
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by idupaul: 8:46am On Nov 20, 2013
laplace19: The monthly parking charge is too much oo....$10,000 per month approximately #1.56mil coupled with other day and night landing charges.....

Is it not better for the private jet owners to have their own private terminals?.......won't it reduce cost as well?

Just asking to know,nairalanders......

Its about time these guys started parking in Accra or Cotonou. And doing their drops and pick ups from there because I doubt if this myopic extortionist FAAN would allow the open their own Private terminal
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by Jakumo(m): 8:46am On Nov 20, 2013
Yes sir indeed, you lowly land-lubbers, the Private Jet Owners Union strike is real, and no matter how much you beg and grovel, you will henceforth NOT be privileged to see those Gulfstreams, Falcons, Cessna Citations and Learjets gracing the skies above you, offering that vital inspiration needed to guide you on your path to become an oil smuggling tychoon, generator importer, narco cowboy, embezzling state governor, or money-laundering miracle pastor - thank you Jeeeeeeesus.

Personally I like to grab my monstrous throbbing member, and jerk off feverishly whenever I observe a private jet flying overhead in Nigeria's friendly skies, therefore this strike will have a profound effect on my sex life, and indeed on my mental health.

I want my, I want my, I want my Gulfstream jet. Yeah, money for nothing and chicks for free. That's the way you do it.

To all you private jet owners, enquiring minds DEMAND to know precisely how many head of cattle can be conveyed in the lap of luxury aboard your aircraft ? Think well before you anser this question, for your response will determine your new taxation rate.

Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 20, 2013
To enjoy the luxuries of private jets, you should be prepared to pay more in form of taxes and levies. I support anything done to get the super-rich to pay more tax/levy.
Also, anyone who has 3 or more cars and or 2 or more houses should also pay taxes to that effect.
Re: Private Jet Owners Begin Strike Over New Aviation Charge by Brimmie(m): 9:24am On Nov 20, 2013
They shld strike till infinity!

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Visits Sterling Bank And Udenwa Grilled Over Campaign Funds / The Only Car Peter Obi Won't Enter For The Rest Of His Life (Photos) / Stay Away From Bayelsa Election, PDP Tells Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.