Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Front Page: Latest ATM Interbank Fraud Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Front Page: Latest ATM Interbank Fraud Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians. (894 Views)

Mtn Is Exploiting Unsuspecting Users! Pls Read And It Ll Wow U! / S-C-A-M A-L-E-R-T: Fraudsters Now Cloning Bank Alert Texts To Defraud Victims / How We Will Take Coins From ATM - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Front Page: Latest ATM Interbank Fraud Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians. by akanbiaa(m): 10:38am On Nov 20, 2013
Please always use your debit card on ypur bank ATM machine to be safe if you have any issues your money will be credited back in less than 24 hours but do not use inter bank for now pending when the fraud is fixed and safe to use again or you risk your money not credited back and possibly used by staff of the bank as their target or profit for the month,There is a new form of fraud now perpetrated by some bad elements which i suspect within the banking system via taking advantage of loop holes created by errors in Interbank ATM transactions.
I used my first bank Debit card on a GTB ATM in unity branch Ilorin Kwara state some 4 months ago I tried to deduct 15,000 naira twice making 30,000 naira and the ATM screen message read temporary unable to dispense cash and I was sent an alert I was deducted 30,000 naira without collecting any cash and I have reported to first bank and it took them 2 months to return my 15,000 naira after much calling and laying of complaints in different branches and till date the remaining 15,000 naira has not been credited back and I was told via email that I was dispensed cash which I was not I suspect a well planned fraud because first ATM does not usually have paper to print receipt as evidence and secondly why did it even take up to 2 months for the first 15,000 naira to be paid back and why are they denying the second one, is it that they use such money to declare monthly profit as unclaimed money while they tell the rightfully owners that their money have been dispensed?
Please something should be done about these so that many unsuspecting Nigerians wount fall for the New Latest Inter bank ATM fraud that is used to defraud innocent Nigerians of their hard earned money. of recent used my FCMB card on GTB once again and my Money was also withheld and I was debited without given cash and its 3 weeks now it has not been credited back.
Re: Front Page: Latest ATM Interbank Fraud Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians. by Darejyde(m): 10:57am On Nov 20, 2013
†ђξ more ℓ̊ see or read dee less ℓ̊ understand, ℓ̊ ve heard of similar stories na who we wan complain giv? because if dem try am with ♍γ̲̣̣̥ moni God go hear because na moutain ℓ̊ go claim swear for them. SO BANKS BEWARE DARE JYDE's moni Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ off limits!
Re: Front Page: Latest ATM Interbank Fraud Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians. by Nutase: 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
@OP Lay a complaints to CBN b4 taking your case to social media. At least banking hS one of the best regulators in Nigeria. If your complain had to do with telecoms or Media etc this would have been the best medium to vent your frustration because their regulators are lukewarm.
CBN has an ATM complaints desk and they do not take complaints like this lightly with any bank. Infact the banks will shiver at the mention of CBN.
I hope this helps.
Re: Front Page: Latest ATM Interbank Fraud Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians. by akanbiaa(m): 6:48am On Nov 21, 2013
Nutase: @OP Lay a complaints to CBN b4 taking your case to social media. At least banking hS one of the best regulators in Nigeria. If your complain had to do with telecoms or Media etc this would have been the best medium to vent your frustration because their regulators are lukewarm.
CBN has an ATM complaints desk and they do not take complaints like this lightly with any bank. Infact the banks will shiver at the mention of CBN.
I hope this helps.
Thanks very much but had to bring it to social media first so as to help yhousands or even millions from falling victim and being careful not to use their ATM card on other banks machine to reduce risk. and as to the CBN complaints desk you said can an individual lay complain to CBN and if yes what are the process. some have even adviced I get a lawyer maybe it will make them give back my money for fear of reputation not being messed up. and the people behind it will not love publicity. Everytime I go to ATM queue at least 1 out of 15 customers will be seen cursing and angry over such cheating but no way to expose the evil and fraud and get their hard earned money back. In most cases its probably those involved in the fraud that are the one you report to to investigate and credit back your money. May God help us, but we must first help ourselves if many Nigerians are aware of this it becomes difficult for them to be cheated out of their money, the problem of Nigeria starts with issues like these and I bet its not the Government but some bad bankers that take advantage to make cursed money.
Re: Front Page: Latest ATM Interbank Fraud Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians. by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 21, 2013
I now use over d counter withdrawal. Cos my ATM card wont work.
I prefer it dat way, hmm, awon ole, oloshi.
Re: Front Page: Latest ATM Interbank Fraud Used To Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians. by akanbiaa(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2013
Nutase: @OP Lay a complaints to CBN b4 taking your case to social media. At least banking hS one of the best regulators in Nigeria. If your complain had to do with telecoms or Media etc this would have been the best medium to vent your frustration because their regulators are lukewarm.
I hope this helps.
Nutase thanks I have sent a mail to the central bank fraud investigation unit anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org and i wait for the outcome of their investigation and prayerfully hope that my money is returned and perpertrators of the act bought to book by Gods grace so as to prevent future occurance and for others not to fall victim and cheated of their hard earned money. quote author=Nutase]

(1) (Reply)

Lecturer Asked Students To Frog-jump Into The Class For Coming Late. How Right?? / Ebola: CNN ''misplaced'' Nigeria On The Map. / How Did Blind People Maintain Their Daily Activities At Proper Ration ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.