Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Whats The Difference Between Paid And Payed? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Whats The Difference Between Paid And Payed? (740 Views)

The Difference Between An Alligator And A Crocodile / Whats The Secret Behind Speaking Good English? / What's The Difference Between A Smart Student And A Brilliant Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Difference Between Paid And Payed? by speeder(m): 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
Fellow nairalanders, I always pondered what the difference between those are. I've used them interchangeably without noticing it. I just sat down today and it just occured to me. Do good by putting ur ideas down.
Re: Whats The Difference Between Paid And Payed? by lamzyano: 10:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
If you paid attention in school, you know
that the past tense of “pay” is “paid”
except in the special sense that has to
do with ropes: “He payed out the line to
the smuggler in the rowboat.”
Did that help?
Re: Whats The Difference Between Paid And Payed? by speeder(m): 8:21am On Nov 21, 2013
lamzyano: If you paid attention in school, you know
that the past tense of “pay” is “paid”
except in the special sense that has to
do with ropes: “He payed out the line to
the smuggler in the rowboat.”
Did that help?
I'm sure u got ur answer from google. I saw this very answer in google search but got more confused. But thanks anyway

(1) (Reply)

RSUST Post Utme For 2014/2015 / Thread For OAU POST-UTME Candidates / UNIMAID Admission Lists (UTME And DE) 2014/2015 Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.