Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash (890 Views)

DSS And Police Clash At INEC Office In Imo / Anambra Women’s Group Mobilises Support For Buhari, APC / Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash by oluwashaddow(m): 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
Two women fainted while several others were
injured when security agents dispersed about
300 women protesting the Anambra State
governorship election on Wednesday at the state
office of the Independent National Electoral
Commission in Awka.
The women, who identified themselves as
Anambra Women, called for the cancellation of
the election and the discontinuation of the
supplementary election called by INEC at a yet-
to-be-announced date.
They carried placards with the inscription,
‘Anambra not for sale’, ‘No election was
conducted in Anambra’, ‘Fresh poll not
supplementary poll’, ‘INEC cancel 608,000 votes
not 113, 113 votes’, among others.
The women were dispersed by security
operatives attached to INEC office, who fired
teargas canisters into their midst, leaving many
of the elderly women wounded while two persons
fainted.
One of their leaders, Mrs. Tina Akonobi, said they
were at the commission’s office to “mourn for
the disaster, destruction, doom, robbery and
fraud that took place on the November 16.”
Akonobi added, “The election was a sham aimed
at insulting the integrity, intelligence and
intellectual ability of the people of the state and
Nigeria in general.
“INEC brought a fraudulent register three days to
election where they removed names of voters
whose name starts with the letter ‘O’ like
Okonkwo and Okeke at Idemili.
“They brought fraudulent people to conduct
election here; it was a scam and destruction of a
generation and Igbo land.
“We are calling for the cancellation and
resignation of Prof. Attahiru Jega for the doom
that is impending because this is what will
happen in 2015.”

www.punchng.com/news/two-faint-many-injured-in-anambra-women-police-clash/
Re: Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash by geeez: 10:45pm On Nov 20, 2013
According to Peter Obi, Mrs. Tina Akonobi is from Ilesha

1 Like

Re: Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash by otunbamyk(m): 10:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nigeria has nt seen anythin..... We wiL nt know what hit us until iτ̅ happens again i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 2015 ! I hope iτ̅ wnt be too late by den...... GOd bless Nigeria
Re: Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash by rmho(m): 10:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dis is just d genesis, women now, very soon men will start but lets pray dat youths will remain calm.
Re: Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash by gratiaeo(m): 11:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
Those women should be arrested, tortured, detained and make them confess who ever paid them for this dance of shame.
Where were them in 2003 whem Ngige and his goons bastardize free and fair election?
I wish I'm governor...........
Re: Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash by onomeasike: 12:02am On Nov 21, 2013
gratiaeo: Those women should be arrested, tortured, detained and make them confess who ever paid them for this dance of shame.
Where were them in 2003 whem Ngige and his goons bastardize free and fair election?

try that with your own sister and mother first. Yeye arrogant ibo troll.

Even the colonialists didn't do that to our igbo amazons who led the aba riot of 1929.I have always maintained the opinion that the hope of redeeming the igbo race is in the hands of igbo women. They are beautiful, resilient and more responsible than most igbo leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash by gbanikiti(m): 12:05am On Nov 21, 2013
gratiaeo: Those women should be arrested, tortured, detained and make them confess who ever paid them for this dance of shame.
A man who do not have respect for women especially those old to be her mother does not deserve to be called a human. You and your likes are a big disgrace to Igbo men. "Spits on his ugly face"
Re: Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash by prov1029(m): 12:08am On Nov 21, 2013
onomeasike:

Even the colonialists didn't do that to our igbo amazons who led the aba riot of 1929.I have always maintained the opinion that the hope of redeeming the igbo race is in the hands of igbo women. They are beautiful, resilient and more responsible than most igbo leaders.

Your opinion is very intelligent and precise
Re: Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash by prov1029(m): 12:09am On Nov 21, 2013
gbanikiti: A man who do not have respect for women especially those old to be her mother does not deserve to be called a human. You and your likes are a big disgrace to Igbo men. "Spits on his ugly face"
God bless you for the extra mile taken to educate him even though he does not appreciate it.
Re: Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash by chimex38: 12:11am On Nov 21, 2013
This election series movie no go end? Different episodes everyday
Re: Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash by Tuntheycr7: 2:06am On Nov 21, 2013

Re: Two Faint, Many Injured In Anambra Women,police Clash by gratiaeo(m): 6:29am On Nov 21, 2013
onomeasike:

You should be more concern about your kins (Osun state touts) languishing in Imo state prison than the happening in Anambra state.
Those women should have no how far if not for Obi's meek and humble nature

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela's Quotes / The Questions Obasanjo Must Answer / Harshest Laws In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.