Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India (796 Views)

Osama Bin Laden's Family Members Die In Plane Crash / Total’s CEO Christophe De Margerie Dies In Plane Crash / President Obama Says One American Citizen Was Among Those Killed In Plane Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by AbuMikey(m): 11:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
[img]http://1.bp..com/-aiSKWggdsTE/Uo0zkUpAWGI/AAAAAAAAAKw/2QnEZs18BDQ/s320/%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FMSBnb2xkNzEyMTQwNDJfNzEyMjE0MzcuanBn%253F%253D-788989[/img]

A stash of 24 gold bars worth more than $1.1m has been discovered in the toilet compartment of a commercial plane in eastern India.

Cleaners found the haul in two bags on board a Jet Airways flight at Kolkata airport, officials said.

India is one of the world's main gold consumers and imports are seen as a major contributor to the country's account deficit.
It recently raised duty on imports of gold jewellery to 15% from 10%.

It was the third increase this year as the government attempts to curb demand for the precious metal, which many Indians traditionally hoard in the belief it will bring financial security.

The plane on which the 1kg (2.2lb) gold bars were found on Tuesday had reportedly come from Bangkok, local media reported, before making stops in India.

"The cleaning staff of the airport were going though their routine duties and found two bags in the toilets of the plane," airport director BP Mishra told AFP news agency.

He was quoted as saying that no arrest had been made in connection with the find, though OneIndia News said a suspect was being questioned.

The gold has been valued at between 70m and 90m rupees (up to $1.4m or £890,000).

Uselu Central
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
this could have been my turn to shine embarassed
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by knightsTempler: 11:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
In the process of not wanting to pay the 15% tax levied on the importation of Gold, the owner/s loses the whole gold.
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by Dannylux: 12:03am On Nov 21, 2013
deejay_harry1: this could have been my turn to shine embarassed

you dey India? grin
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by Tolexander: 5:17am On Nov 21, 2013
"The cleaning staff of the
airport were going though
their routine duties and
found two bags in the
toilets of the plane," airport
director BP Mishra told AFP
news agency.
and they couldn't share the bars among themselves?

These people aren't smart as we are!
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by Oluwatola5(f): 7:04am On Nov 21, 2013
Tolexander: and they couldn't share the bars among themselves?

gringringrin Are you thinking what i am thinking
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by gbanikiti(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2013
Were there no Nigerians on that plane? Phuck up!! If na me eh.... angry
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 21, 2013
Dannylux:

you dey India? grin

imagine if i was among the guys that found it... wink
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by Tolexander: 7:15am On Nov 21, 2013
Oluwatola5: gringringrin Are you thinking what i am thinking
maybe we have a common mind!
Moreover, we are both nigerians, so that 'thought' is bound to exist in us
gringringrin
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by homesteady(m): 7:58am On Nov 21, 2013
Haba! I'm sure that the cleaners took their own share before taking it to their oga's grin
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by albacete(m): 8:00am On Nov 21, 2013
@Abu: so u were in dat plane? Cos d sauce tok say na Uselu Central. That's nice

no be all those bloggers wey no fit travel to get news. Keep it up smiley
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by albacete(m): 8:03am On Nov 21, 2013
homesteady: Haba! I'm sure that the cleaners took their own share before taking it to their oga's grin

os courfe naa. If na u nko? grin
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 21, 2013
Tolexander: and they couldn't share the bars among themselves?

I wonder. This shows that destiny will always prevail. One who is predestined to be poor... undecided
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by FoxyFlow(m): 8:12am On Nov 21, 2013
If this topic makes front page, then I need all the LIKES people have ever given to a Nairalander angry angry
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by Dannylux: 8:34am On Nov 21, 2013
deejay_harry1:

imagine if i was among the guys that found it... wink

Imagine if I were among too, I'd kill you and have it all grin
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 21, 2013
Dannylux:

Imagine if I were among too, I'd kill you and have it all grin

na so wayo dey take enter small small.. before u know am na , u 'd be caught.. grin
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by LMAyedun(m): 8:39am On Nov 21, 2013
Mehn!! That's a whole lot of money.
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by Dannylux: 9:08am On Nov 21, 2013
deejay_harry1:

na so wayo dey take enter small small.. before u know am na , u 'd be caught.. grin

ImpossiCANT grin
Re: Gold Bars Worth $1.1m Found In Plane Toilet In India by Oluwatola5(f): 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
Tolexander: maybe we have a common mind!
Moreover, we are both nigerians, so that 'thought' is bound to exist in us
gringringrin
No, this is more like the blood factor, the same blood running through our veins embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Police Mistake Morocco's King For People Smuggler / Royal Dutch Shell Agrees £55m Nigeria Oil Spill Settlement / Xenophobia My Foot, This is sheer Wickedness!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.